The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

Oh haha- well thank you for sparking that idea then. They all sounded very much like things that other people have said. :biggrin:
If you do have some inspirational quotes from TSR members though, please post them too. :smile: Haha. :wink:
Don't worry about someone else; you're just as important as anyone else. :hugs:
This is very inspirational from @Sabertooth . Thanks. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
It was the end of my 4th test, I felt so calm and confident and sure I had passed and was shocked when the examiner said you've failed, I didn't realise I did anything wrong. I went home and cried for ages and thought for **** sake I can't keep putting myself through this and want to carry on I was finally convinced to book my 5th test which was last week and I passed! I did all my tests at the same test centre and had three different examiners (the same man twice , same women twice ). I felt almost embarrassed to be there AGAIN and it felt like it was becoming a drag but the examiners really have seen it all! Honestly, as someone who knows exactly how you feel, please please please book in again and keep trying . These sound like empty words but believe me, it is so worth it in the end!
@ssupernova is also very inspirational. Thank you. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Here are some very inspirational words that I found by @Jm1984:
I'm pretty surprised by how many omnivores have an opinion on my diet without me saying anything about theirs! It's really annoying. It's up to me what I eat, as it is up to you what you eat and I'm happy to have an open discussion about it, but as you say, if you don't want to change and if neitehr do I "Why can't they just leave us alone to do what we want".

Thank you :smile:
Reply 324
Original post by nucdev
One of my personal favourites:

"Talk to yourself at least once in a day. Otherwise you may miss a meeting with an excellent person in this world."

This makes no sense whatsoever.
If you ever need inspiration or motivation, there's always Shia LaBeouf's "Just Do It" video. And of course you could google Gordon Ramsay quotes.

:biggrin:
Original post by Kiytt
This makes no sense whatsoever.

I think that the meaning of quotes depends on your on personal interpretation of it. As I see it, the quote suggests thinking of your current situation in depth in order to help you to plan the future, as well as the idea that you must believe in yourself and makes sure you do not devalue your own opinions. :smile:
Original post by flyingpanda
If you ever need inspiration or motivation, there's always Shia LaBeouf's "Just Do It" video. And of course you could google Gordon Ramsay quotes.

:biggrin:

Haha, yeah that's a very inspirational video and the Gordon Ramsay quotes are amazing! :wink:
Reply 328
f**k them n****s nah real talk f***k them n****s
Original post by Matrix123
Here are some very inspirational words that I found by @Jm1984:

Thank you :smile:

Aw, cheers :smile:
I think that the meaning of quotes depends on your on personal interpretation of it. As I see it, the quote suggests thinking of your current situation in depth in order to help you to plan the future, as well as the idea that you must believe in yourself and makes sure you do not devalue your own opinions. :smile:

PRSOM - you've got it.
Reply 331

The quote assumes that the individual is an excellent person when this may simply be untrue. It also disregards the fact that you aren't "meeting" yourself if you speak to yourself everyday—unless they are implying that you wake up a new person each day of your life, which seems falsifiable.

I'm not closed-minded and I excel at interpretation, but this is simply a nonsensical proverb.
Original post by Jm1984
Aw, cheers :smile:

You're welcome.
Original post by nucdev
PRSOM - you've got it.

PRSOM - Yay!!! :wink:
To be or not to be, that is the question.
Original post by Kiytt
The quote assumes that the individual is an excellent person when this may simply be untrue. It also disregards the fact that you aren't "meeting" yourself if you speak to yourself everyday—unless they are implying that you wake up a new person each day of your life, which seems falsifiable.

I'm not closed-minded and I excel at interpretation, but this is simply a nonsensical proverb.

That's true. However, I do feel that sometimes some people need to feel excellent because they may be in a very difficult situation that causes them to believe that they simply cannot succeed. This could potentially be very serious. It's important to support these people and make sure they realise that they are equal to everyone else because they are better than they thought. (I have disregarded my own opinion of everyone being excellent in some way or other as that is a different matter).
I like the idea of being able to meet yourself because with new situations faced and new experiences, people change and this idea of meeting with yourself can mean that you are trying to understand the changes made and how this may prove beneficial in the future. I personally think that this quote is very clever. :smile:
Original post by the IT MAN
To be or not to be, that is the question.

This is a great one from Shakespeare. Thanks. :smile:
"Go to heck" - Tim heidiciker

Quick Reply