The Student Room Group

i just saw myself wtf?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

will do - random timing though!

We will never understand the human brain tbh, so I wouldn't worry about it. On some nights I get this weird thing before I sleep it's ike my brain is fighting between consciousness and subconsciousness and I end up dreaming whilst still being awake, completely unable to 'control' these dreams until I open my eyes. It freaks me out :redface:

Also I'm a bit like you when you said you zone out, I do that too. To often for my own good. :tongue:
yeah but i was walking in the same direction as myself... so i saw the back of me - which you can't do with a mirror

Okay fine, you got yourself two nice mirrors then :smile:
Original post by demx9
2spooky4me

its 3spooky5me m9.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Unless you're making this up for the lols, it seems to me like you had an out-of-body-experience.

nope, not making it up - **** myself pretty bad when it happened too i was like NO I DONT WANNA DIE YET
are those harmful or just 'normal'

Original post by demx9
2spooky4me

4me2
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
We will never understand the human brain tbh, so I wouldn't worry about it. On some nights I get this weird thing before I sleep it's ike my brain is fighting between consciousness and subconsciousness and I end up dreaming whilst still being awake, completely unable to 'control' these dreams until I open my eyes. It freaks me out :redface:Also I'm a bit like you when you said you zone out, I do that too. To often for my own good. :tongue:
whoa - is that like sleep paralysis? i've never had it but it's a huge fear of mine so i sleep with my blanket over my head while overheating and suffocating as if it will save me lol. #dreamers4ever
Original post by Mpagtches
Okay fine, you got yourself two nice mirrors then :smile:
touche
Original post by Use Err Name
its 3spooky5me m9.
5me3
People should take OP more seriously. Some of the posters are correct - does sound like an out of body experience caused by stress. You should go see a doctor.
lol op you're funny.
yeah but i was walking in the same direction as myself... so i saw the back of me - which you can't do with a mirror

well I had a breakdown yesterday morning where i just sat at the bus stop and cried for 2 hours before going to school so i think i might be stressed. Yeah it was like a movie! Like the way it looked was like a movie - the whole scene... and I daydream a lot because i tend to get absorbed in my thoughts but not when i'm walking - only if im sitting still somewhere for a long time... weird...

thanks though :smile:

It definitely sounds like it. If it happens again, and it's bothering or frightening you, I'd suggest taking your earphones out and finding somewhere to sit quietly for a few minutes. Pay attention to your breathing, and the things that are happening around you. There are lots of 'grounding' techniques out there that help people.
This link might be useful:
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/mobile/flashbacks.htm
We will never understand the human brain tbh, so I wouldn't worry about it. On some nights I get this weird thing before I sleep it's ike my brain is fighting between consciousness and subconsciousness and I end up dreaming whilst still being awake, completely unable to 'control' these dreams until I open my eyes. It freaks me out :redface:

Also I'm a bit like you when you said you zone out, I do that too. To often for my own good. :tongue:

So....I'm not the only one who has experienced astral projection...
So....I'm not the only one who has experienced astral projection...

I don't know if that's astral projection though...:s-smilie:
I don't know if that's astral projection though...:s-smilie:

It sounds very similar to what I experience as well, except that I do it at will.
Original post by Tom Jickleson
People should take OP more seriously. Some of the posters are correct - does sound like an out of body experience caused by stress. You should go see a doctor.

Thank you :smile: is it particularly harmful or something really worth going to the doctor for because if i miss another 10 minutes of school the teachers will go crazy and kick me out

Original post by pineneedles
It definitely sounds like it. If it happens again, and it's bothering or frightening you, I'd suggest taking your earphones out and finding somewhere to sit quietly for a few minutes. Pay attention to your breathing, and the things that are happening around you. There are lots of 'grounding' techniques out there that help people.
This link might be useful:
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/mobile/flashbacks.htm

Thank you very much for the help :smile: Thanks yeah after it happened i kinda stood there in shock before going to a nearby tree and kinda of fussing around with my books and playing with my phone before going about the rest of my journey... it's never happened before and i hope it doesn't happen again but if it will i'll use those techniques! bookmarked it :redface:
It sounds very similar to what I experience as well, except that I do it at will.

At will, how? :redface: I would rather make it stop. It scares me. I get the weirdest 'dreams'. Like it's not even normal. I read somewhere it's your brain trying to make sense of everything that happened in the day.

Do you have those moments where you 'wake' your self up.
Original post by Ya Dunno
I am baffled.

I have no idea what I just read, it felt like I was reading Japanese. :/

I see.
At will, how? :redface: I would rather make it stop. It scares me. I get the weirdest 'dreams'. Like it's not even normal. I read somewhere it's your brain trying to make sense of everything that happened in the day.

Do you have those moments where you 'wake' your self up.

I do sometimes :frown:
Look up Ryan Cooper Astral Projection on Youtube.

You might find out something interesting...
Reply 34
Stressssss!! Chill the hell out before your heart implodes you poor thing 😟
is it lethal? :eek: i thought you'd have to drink like 20 in one time to die...

It may take a lot more for you to *die*, but Red Bull is chock full of caffeine. The level of caffeine you will have had in your system is almost certainly what did that. Stop drinking so much Red Bull.
Have you looked into depersonialisation disorders?
Original post by CatFit
Stressssss!! Chill the hell out before your heart implodes you poor thing 😟

haha i'll try! i didn't want to be stressed! it's school and a-levels and applications and stuff I can't chill! but i'll try :tongue:

Original post by Killer Bean
It may take a lot more for you to *die*, but Red Bull is chock full of caffeine. The level of caffeine you will have had in your system is almost certainly what did that. Stop drinking so much Red Bull.

yeah good point - i don't usually drink so much usually 2 cans will take me through the 24 hour day of an all-nighter but today was just too bad i was literally sleep walking! so i drank 2 more - bad idea obviously... i'll try to cut down on it
Original post by simbasdragon
Have you looked into depersonialisation disorders?

no... but a quick google search tells me it's when you have persistent out of body experiences
that was my first so i shouldn't have to be concerned too much right? i mean - it can happen to anyone...
and afterwards i didn't feel dizzy or anything, although i do self harm and have low self esteem but that could be from anything
have you watched the matrix? yeah.... good luck

Quick Reply

Latest