The Student Room Group

Do your parents go to parents evening?

Im in Year 13 and I just dont see the point of it. Not only do they give you a report after (which they basically repeat at the parents evening) if there was something serious to pick up on they would call the parents.

Do you go to parents evening? Also if you dont want excuses do you tell your teachers, I need one!
I like parent's evening because my teachers massage my ego lol :s-smilie:
Yeah my school did it too... it is a bit pointless lol.

But in y10 my RM wanted to see mine.... but i booked all my appointments to the end of the night :3 and he booked like 2 hours before my others lol so I just didn't go to it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Student403
I like parent's evening because my teachers massage my ego lol :s-smilie:

They beat up my ego
Original post by HenryKenry
They beat up my ego

Tbh I'd rather they did that to me. At least yours gives you a push.
Mine have gone to all of mine except y13
The only reason they didnt go to y13 was because all of my teachers individually told me not to make an apoitment with them, so abit pointless them turning up
Im in Year 13 and I just dont see the point of it. Not only do they give you a report after (which they basically repeat at the parents evening) if there was something serious to pick up on they would call the parents.

Do you go to parents evening? Also if you dont want excuses do you tell your teachers, I need one!

"My parents are away/at work/I can't attend"
Good enough excuses 😁
Yeah my parents don't attend parents evenings, even if they do they'd only meet a couple teachers and pointless.
Reply 7
my parents have never gone to any of my parents evenings

i always go by myself or with my bro (who is a messenger for the bad stuff i always hide obv) :tongue:

my excuse is always that i have other siblings that my mum's taking care of, we live far away and my dad works late
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by BekahMay
Mine have gone to all of mine except y13
The only reason they didnt go to y13 was because all of my teachers individually told me not to make an apoitment with them, so abit pointless them turning up

You must have been a golden child, my teachers give me daggers and ask me to make an appointment lol
At my secondary school it was compulsory for our parents to go. Sixth form my parents went because they wanted to-my Mum in particular has always taken a big interest in my education.
Original post by jelly1000
At my secondary school it was compulsory for our parents to go. Sixth form my parents went because they wanted to-my Mum in particular has always taken a big interest in my education.

Parents who dont go does mean they dont care about their childs education. Think about it- you report says it all and more, if there was a real issue trust me the parents will be told by the teacher.
Parents who dont go does mean they dont care about their childs education. Think about it- you report says it all and more, if there was a real issue trust me the parents will be told by the teacher.

But your report can't answer questions. Also not every school issues a report at the same time as parents evening.
Nope. My college produce a report at the end of every half term so they never really need to. Plus, they're always at work during that day.
Original post by jelly1000
But your report can't answer questions. Also not every school issues a report at the same time as parents evening.

They can phone if there was such an urgent question rather than going all the way to the school just to ask a question.
(edited 8 years ago)
You must have been a golden child, my teachers give me daggers and ask me to make an appointment lol

Hahaha, the y13 parent evenings were for people who either had a new teacher or had really underperformed at AS, thankfully i didnt fit the categories even though my teachers dont exactly love me :smile:

Nope. Because I am 22.
My mum only made it to one of my parents evenings because she is very disabled and could never get there for varying reasons. Prior to being disabled she couldn't come to parents evening because she was working two jobs to put food on the table and give is the life she thought we deserved.

Anyone who says parents who don't go don't care about their children need to not be so ignorant, and consider the fact not everyone's life is the same and it is not that simple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending