The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When did you send your application??
Reply 701
I received an offer from York yesterday to read history, about three weeks after sending my application, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Durham, Birmingham, Oxford and St Andrews. :smile:
I have obtained offers from Southampton and Durham, Southampton replied a month ago, Durham replied last week. Waiting for cambridge imperial and ucl currently
Just checked my emails out of curiosity to find not only Nottingham trent has offered me an unconditional but so has Lincoln, even though they are my insurance choices at the minute it's nice to be reassured my personal statement wasnt terrible haha, 3/5 :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone heard back from St Andrews?
I got two offers from Queens Belfast for Physics and Chemistry. Cambridge say they haven't sent out interview invitations yet (my college, at least) and no idea what's going on with Edinburgh.
I sent off my application on September 15th to Salford (Journalism and English), and UCA Epsom and BIMM Manchester (both Music Journalism) and I haven't heard anything back yet! I got an email from UCA about my applicant portal (which I suppose means my application is being reviewed?)- that was mid October and I've heard nothing else! Has anyone else applied to these unis/these courses?
I received an offer from kent 4 hours after i sent in my UCAS for Bsc psychology (AAB) however,
Birmingham, Southampton, Portsmouth and Queen Marys are so slow!!!
:frown: :'(
Kent are being speedy, I got my offer in less than 24 hours - it was for Digital Art :smile:
How are people getting unconditional offers?
Im predicted AAB will i get one for a course like accounting at royal holloway
I've received offers from Manchester, Birmingham, Bath and Leeds to study physics already. The only one left is Oxford but i guess i have a long wait for that verdict!
Original post by claraoswin114
Is it your firm/insurance choice? I'm also applying for pharmacology and molecular genetics at King's but my application is being sent off on monday!

well that depends on how many dentistry offers i get (if any!)
pharmacology is my backup option ,would love to go to kings :smile: wby?
Glasgow and Exeter, but both St. Andrews and Stirling wrote me a mail saying they would wait until January so they can assess all applications equally...
Reply 713
Original post by hmmwhatcanitbe
Applied Pharmacology at Cardiff, University of liverpool, manchester, Hertfordshire and portsmouth, recieved offers from Portsmouth and liverpool in 2 days, still waiting on others, applied on tuesday though

I'm applying for Pharmacology at Liverpool too! sent my application off yesterday, what subjects do you do at A2?
This page is making me feel a bit nervous... I only have one offer, two told me that I'd have to wait until January the earliest, one hasn't written at all, and the other is Cambridge....
Got it all sent off today! Applying for Economics and Politics at Kings, City, Loughborough, Kent and Royal Holloway! Anyone doing a similar course? :smile:
queen mary and reading were pretty quick
Reply 717
Ive applied to ancient/modern history or just history at Warwick,Lancaster, Newcastle, Durham and Oxford. Ive already had offers from warwick, lancaster and newcastle- warwick have blitzed through, got an offer in two days! My friend also got an offer from kings in a couple of days too :smile:
Original post by paperandpencil
queen mary and reading were pretty quick

I'm still waiting for Queen Marys (psychology), they emailed me saying it can take up to 4 weeks...tragic.
Original post by saran12
How are people getting unconditional offers?
Im predicted AAB will i get one for a course like accounting at royal holloway

Royal Holloway run an Academic Excellence scheme, I'm not quite sure what your grades have to be like to be considered for it but that's how I got an unconditional from them (I have to firm them for it to be unconditional though).

Latest

Trending

Trending