The Student Room Group

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alishba-rosex
Thanks for the info and I try to pray too. But what if the people were sensible and mature? What if they didn't commit zina? Would they still be acceptable if they loved each other? (lool my questions are so random)

If you're curious, you would have probably googled this and you would see many stories of how an 'innocent relationship' lead to a disaster like zina, read this thread if you haven't http://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/13172/is-it-permissible-to-have-a-girlfriend-without-having-physical-contact-with-her
Original post by Salient_Drive
If you're curious, you would have probably googled this and you would see many stories of how an 'innocent relationship' lead to a disaster like zina, read this thread if you haven't http://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/13172/is-it-permissible-to-have-a-girlfriend-without-having-physical-contact-with-her

Thank you
Original post by alishba-rosex
Hey, I'm also a Muslim :smile: I know this is the most basic question ever but what is the main reason behind no relationships(bf/gf)? And how do people then want to get married? They must be close or so, right? And how can you try to keeping praying 5 times a day. thx

It's not haram to have a relationship, it's just advisable that you don't have one, as it can lead to zina.

But you can have one if you want.
Reply 63
Original post by fatima1998
i am muslim too but i never understand why men r allowed to marry four times i know that Muhammad PBUH married 4 times
many non muslims said that islam is sexist n i kinda get pissed off

I know what you mean, i have read soo many negative things about it. Because he was treat all 4 of them fairly and this is the first requirement of marrying 4 wives and secondly because to record every action of Prophet Muhammad, this is why we have soo many hadith narrated by his wives. Also i want to explain that some people who becomes mature when they are very young and sometimes they are being forced* or even it was a tradition in 1400 years ago. In quran you can get married when you are baligh (mature)Especially Aisha who have narrated soo many authentic hadith because she married when she was 9 years old but Prophet Muhammad did not have sexual thing. If want know more let me know :smile:
Original post by TheCondor
It's not haram to have a relationship, it's just advisable that you don't have one, as it can lead to zina.

Hi can you provide evidence for this claim?
Reply 65
Original post by booksandcats
What's your favourite pizza topping?:biggrin:

Chicken Tikka :biggrin:

oh.. I didn't know that because everyone says its haram but thanks
women can b jel too if she sees her man with other wives
i know that Muhammad married coz he was helping them
however i dunno if it says in Quran that u can only marry another women if u trying to help her
n as far as i know people marry in islam to have kids not to help them financially and even if their intention is to help them they will still fell in love and have kids

Yes of course women can be jealous too but (not trying to be sexist) men are physically stronger and what are the women gonna do? Bitch on each other? Jump on him and pull his hair out? If there was 4 men against 1 woman then who knows what they could do, rape her even, do you kinda get what I mean?

Kids are considered a blessing but you wouldn't go to hell because you didn't have children when you are married. Many people marry and eventually have kids, that's just how it is I guess.

I was gonna find the verse on polygamy but this website is great: http://www.questionsaboutislam.com/women-in-islam/why-islam-allows-polygamy.php

:smile:
Original post by TAREQ003
Chicken Tikka :biggrin:

Same or I like it plain:smile:
Original post by Salient_Drive
Hi can you provide evidence for this claim?

Simple; there is no ayah in the Qur'an that forbids you from have a relationship. As long as it is pure (no pre-marital sex).
Reply 70
Original post by nverjvlev
that's what you said originally?

why are you a muslim, I'm just interested. could be me being dyslexic but I really don't understand your original reply?

I am dyslexic too :biggrin:. Do you Mind if i share you a video, it explains everythjing is much simpler [video="youtube;7d16CpWp-ok"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d16CpWp-ok[/video]
Original post by TAREQ003
I know what you mean, i have read soo many negative things about it. Because he was treat all 4 of them fairly and this is the first requirement of marrying 4 wives and secondly because to record every action of Prophet Muhammad, this is why we have soo many hadith narrated by his wives. Also i want to explain that some people who becomes mature when they are very young and sometimes they are being forced* or even it was a tradition in 1400 years ago. In quran you can get married when you are baligh (mature)Especially Aisha who have narrated soo many authentic hadith because she married when she was 9 years old but Prophet Muhammad did not have sexual thing. If want know more let me know :smile:

is this says in Quran that u can marry another women if u giving them financially support not for intimate- is this is the first requirement n if men want to marry a woman for sexual desires then is it allowed to do
what if the women u married to is having an issue with fertility and men wanna have kids, is he allow to marry then even though he isn't giving any support finanacially
is this says in Quran that u can marry another women if u giving them financially support not for intimate- is this is the first requirement n if men want to marry a woman for sexual desires then is it allowed to do
what if the women u married to is having an issue with fertility and men wanna have kids, is he allow to marry then even though he isn't giving any support finanacially

"And give to the orphans their properties and do not substitute the defective [of your own] for the good [of theirs]. And do not consume their properties into your own. Indeed, that is ever a great sin.

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one"
Original post by geniequeen48
Yes of course women can be jealous too but (not trying to be sexist) men are physically stronger and what are the women gonna do? Bitch on each other? Jump on him and pull his hair out? If there was 4 men against 1 woman then who knows what they could do, rape her even, do you kinda get what I mean?

Kids are considered a blessing but you wouldn't go to hell because you didn't have children when you are married. Many people marry and eventually have kids, that's just how it is I guess.

I was gonna find the verse on polygamy but this website is great: http://www.questionsaboutislam.com/women-in-islam/why-islam-allows-polygamy.php

:smile:

even if the couple not planning to have kids but their parents wanna see thier grandson or their relatives start blabbering saying that something is wrong with the girl, why isn't she getting pregnant blah blah and ask her to go to doctors n no one point at the husband
How old are you?
"And give to the orphans their properties and do not substitute the defective [of your own] for the good [of theirs]. And do not consume their properties into your own. Indeed, that is ever a great sin.

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one"

its talking about orphans and if the girl isn't orphan then
even if the couple not planning to have kids but their parents wanna see thier grandson or their relatives start blabbering saying that something is wrong with the girl, why isn't she getting pregnant blah blah and ask her to go to doctors n no one point at the husband

I'm sorry what?
Who? Why?
Original post by Kyou
How old are you?
Reply 78
Original post by Kyou
How old are you?

became 17 on may and why?
Original post by geniequeen48
Who? Why?

It's to the OP, not you.

Quick Reply