The Student Room Group

Rape culture in India?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jeremy1988
I don't have the stomach for any more research, everything I read about foreign countries makes me want to vomit.

I'm sure a lot of "foreigners" (including Brits) feel the same about America and the whole gun culture and mass school shootings you Yanks have.
Reply 81
The pathetic troll OP refuses to answer about rape in u.k and u.s which has much higher rates of rape and thinks 30,000 rapes in a country of 1.2 billion is unusually high.

Britain has 85,000 rapes each year and u.s has 84,000 rapes which is just the reported amount.

The OP being American assuming that's what she really is would know all about being raped and sexually assaulted. It's so common in the u.s and u.k that it's treated as normal in these countries.

Rape culture is thriving in the u.k and will continue to and most likely get worse because rape in the u.k is not adressed properly despite it having a very high rate if rape.

On top of this there are so many Pedophiles in the u.k and u.s like Jimmy Seville, Jerry Sandusky and jared Fogle who are just a few to name.
why are people getting so hung up on the fact that it's India? Obviously the OP want to focus on why this is happening, not why we should discuss it. Regardless of there being more rape cases elsewhere or not, these figures need to change. The violent exploitation and rape of Indian women is something we need to stop. As is that of women in other countries, but that's not the focus of this thread.

Sorry, I don't know much about India and seeing as this is such an important topic I'd rather not just contribute speculation. I think we need to understand the roots of the problem before we can tackle them.
Original post by WokSz
Troll spotted. Don't feed it.

don't feed the troll! <insert gremlin joke here>:biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by slade p
The pathetic troll OP refuses to answer about rape in u.k and u.s which has much higher rates of rape and thinks 30,000 rapes in a country of 1.2 billion is unusually high.

Britain has 85,000 rapes each year and u.s has 84,000 rapes which is just the reported amount.

The OP being American assuming that's what she really is would know all about being raped and sexually assaulted. It's so common in the u.s and u.k that it's treated as normal in these countries.

Rape culture is thriving in the u.k and will continue to and most likely get worse because rape in the u.k is not adressed properly despite it having a very high rate if rape.

On top of this there are so many Pedophiles in the u.k and u.s like Jimmy Seville, Jerry Sandusky and jared Fogle who are just a few to name.

"Rape culture" in the UK, but not in India? lol
This is a forum which should breed idea and discussions. Instead forum members want to be politically correct, preserve their vast number of gemstones and not risk getting banned. This observation is interesting and I will tell you why.

(a) Let's suppose this forum represents the local grassroots level In England. So what we've seen here on this forum is there are people who are uncomfortable about discussing the issue of the 30,000 rapes committed against women in India in each of the last 3 consecutive years. These same people are angry at me and have reduced themselves to labeling me names and speaking among themselves in their own language (instead of English) on this thread. Had I done what they did, they would have reported my posts, I would have been banned and they would have patted each others backs while saying 'well done'.

(b) Have you heard about the case in Rotherham where 1400 girls were sexually abused for 16 consecutive years and when many of these girls went to the police station to lodge complaints, they were told to go away, were labeled liars and were told not to fabricate stories. The subsequent investigation led by Professor Alexis Jay stated that the police did not want to be labeled as racists for having to investigate the alleged asian men if they had followed up on the claims made by many of the 1400 girls.
Wasn't the police in Rotherham trying and wanting to be on the 'safe' side?
http://lutonlscb.org.uk/child_12_999176463.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...port_PRINT.pdf
http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/download...e_in_rotherham

I have to thank another forum user who doesn't want to be named, for having provided me with the following info.
Are you also aware that the official who drew attention to the race, religion and ethinicity of the alleged sexual predators in the Rotherham scandal was reassigned and sent for diversity training?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11069178/Rotherham-researcher-sent-on-diversity-course-after-raising-alarm.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/02/rotherham-abuse-researcher-diversity-course_n_5750560.html

Are you able to see the parallels in (a) and (b)?

So why are the disgruntled people on this thread defensive?
1) there are of Indian origin and do not want unwarranted negative attention to be linked to them
2) they are embarrassed that a foreigner (me) is casting a spotlight on a pressing issue in their motherland (India)
3) going on speculation, they must have privately messaged each other to 'rally round the troops' and put up a united front on this thread.

But do you know something? I saw 2 out of this group of disgruntled people of Indian origin, mock at another forum user who was from a different religion and nationality to theirs, on another thread but before I could quote them successfully, the thread had been deleted. Isn't the contradiction bizarrely glaring!

Many people here slam us Americans but do I get defensive and attack them? No. I've always been the first to put my hands up and state that yes I am aware of my country's faults but not all of us are like Bush and Cheney.

I have already said that the reasons why I've brought up this issue is because my best friend happens to be of Indian origin and a first generation American and she told me about the rapes in India and why she doesn't want to even go back to India to visit her grandparents and relatives. I feel empowered to speak my mind and raise awareness on this issue. How many times do you want me to repeat myself?

The focus of this thread is on India. Please go away if you feel embarrassed about the nature and scope of this discussion. Nobody has put you under duress to contribute to this thread.

To the other neutral observers who are afraid to make an appearance on this thread, I only have this to say. I am aware that the priority here could possibly be to preserve your gemstones and not risk getting banned. Perhaps in your minds, being honest and truthful would result in getting banned. Because now all it takes is for one disgruntled forum user to report your post and depending on how quickly the moderators react, you will receive a warning in your inbox or a sudden ban. I've been told that you cannot discuss about your ban openly but there are a set of procedures to follow if you want to dispute it. The motto seems to be 'charge now, investigate later'.

Many thoughtful and kind forum members have also messaged me to warn me that I risk getting banned because many other people here do not like threads of such nature being created or discussed. I think that is a silly mentality to have.

Why should I worry about the opinions of a few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin aged 18-22 who've led a comfortable life in England all their lives?

Why should I pay heed to their disgruntlement over the millions of voiceless women in India who live below the poverty line, receive no education, have no access to clean water, have to endure an entire lifetime of hardship, may even be subjected to honor killings, who have no food to eat, who have no access to the internet and social media to tell and share their life experiences and I could go on.

I repeat myself. Why should I worry about the opinions of these few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin? At least I am discussing about it and I feel so strongly about this. I have researched on volunteer groups that travel to India and see what needs to be done there and I would very much like to join them.

Don't these few disgruntled forum users of Indian origin know that hundreds of thousands of international schools around the world organize yearly overseas trips for the students to travel to poor countries like Cambodia, Nepal, Laos, Myanmar and so on to do volunteer work such as building projects and many others, at 3 months a stretch each year during high school?

What about these few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin? What have they done? They simply want to sweep this issue of 30,000 rapes in India in each of the last 3 consecutive years, under the rug. These forum users live comfortable lives in England and do not want to have any association with India because deep down they know the reality of the situation. If only they had stopped to think that had their parents remained in India they could very well be in the same predicament as the millions of women I have described above. and they would be hoping that somehow, somewhere, someone would voice out about these issues and save them from situations.

Anyways I do not wish to ask these few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin whether their parents claim benefits in England. I think asking such a question would be distasteful.

Original post by JeremyOU
don't feed the troll! <insert gremlin joke here>:biggrin:

Hi Jeremy. I am disappointed with you. I never thought it would come to this. I realized that every time the old guard on this forum cannot come up with any counter argument of substance against the initial set of arguments from one forum member, the latter is labelled a troll.

We are talking about rape here. It is one of the most heinous crimes that can be committed against women. 30,000 rapes have been committed against women in India in each of the last 3 years and you have the audacity to joke and partake with another forum member in calling me a troll? Disappointing.

Original post by jeremy1988

Spoiler

I really do hope India changes in the future and becomes less prone to rape. India has never really been considered a first-world country. Indian culture has beautiful aspects, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's a safe place for a woman. I definitely feel very strongly about it myself.Seriously, gang rapes are far too common in foreign countries. What is it about foreign men that makes them want to take turns raping women in front of other men? That's really disgusting.

Spoiler

Yes it may come across as weird to many here who are from England that an American girl (me) is talking about this issue on this forum and wants to do something while the few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin prefer to interact with their keyboards.

We must come together and only then can we change the rape culture in India and eradicate it completely. Think of it as a revolution. It always starts small and then it grows over a period of time.

I don't blame these people from England for having reacted the way they did on this thread. They've led sheltered lives for most of their early life. Free education right up to college, free healthcare, ability to claim a multitude of benefits, ability to get a student loan to pay for your degree with 30 year option to pay it back and if you can't pay it back, the government writes off the loan and the list goes on.

For many of us outside of England, we are not so lucky. We do not have any form of financial assistance from the government whatsoever. Our parents work two jobs. College and medical fees here are very high. I suppose this is the reason why there is a difference of opinion.

Great Britain of today is very different from the Great Britain of the early centuries. Shocking.
Original post by ~Seraphina~
This is a forum which should breed idea and discussions. Instead forum members want to be politically correct, preserve their vast number of gemstones and not risk getting banned. This observation is interesting and I will tell you why.

(a) Let's suppose this forum represents the local grassroots level In England. So what we've seen here on this forum is there are people who are uncomfortable about discussing the issue of the 30,000 rapes committed against women in India in each of the last 3 consecutive years. These same people are angry at me and have reduced themselves to labeling me names and speaking among themselves in their own language (instead of English) on this thread. Had I done what they did, they would have reported my posts, I would have been banned and they would have patted each others backs while saying 'well done'.

(b) Have you heard about the case in Rotherham where 1400 girls were sexually abused for 16 consecutive years and when many of these girls went to the police station to lodge complaints, they were told to go away, were labeled liars and were told not to fabricate stories. The subsequent investigation led by Professor Alexis Jay stated that the police did not want to be labeled as racists for having to investigate the alleged asian men if they had followed up on the claims made by many of the 1400 girls.
Wasn't the police in Rotherham trying and wanting to be on the 'safe' side?
http://lutonlscb.org.uk/child_12_999176463.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...port_PRINT.pdf
http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/download...e_in_rotherham

I have to thank another forum user who doesn't want to be named, for having provided me with the following info.
Are you also aware that the official who drew attention to the race, religion and ethinicity of the alleged sexual predators in the Rotherham scandal was reassigned and sent for diversity training?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11069178/Rotherham-researcher-sent-on-diversity-course-after-raising-alarm.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/02/rotherham-abuse-researcher-diversity-course_n_5750560.html

Are you able to see the parallels in (a) and (b)?

So why are the disgruntled people on this thread defensive?
1) there are of Indian origin and do not want unwarranted negative attention to be linked to them
2) they are embarrassed that a foreigner (me) is casting a spotlight on a pressing issue in their motherland (India)
3) going on speculation, they must have privately messaged each other to 'rally round the troops' and put up a united front on this thread.

But do you know something? I saw 2 out of this group of disgruntled people of Indian origin, mock at another forum user who was from a different religion and nationality to theirs, on another thread but before I could quote them successfully, the thread had been deleted. Isn't the contradiction bizarrely glaring!

Many people here slam us Americans but do I get defensive and attack them? No. I've always been the first to put my hands up and state that yes I am aware of my country's faults but not all of us are like Bush and Cheney.

I have already said that the reasons why I've brought up this issue is because my best friend happens to be of Indian origin and a first generation American and she told me about the rapes in India and why she doesn't want to even go back to India to visit her grandparents and relatives. I feel empowered to speak my mind and raise awareness on this issue. How many times do you want me to repeat myself?

The focus of this thread is on India. Please go away if you feel embarrassed about the nature and scope of this discussion. Nobody has put you under duress to contribute to this thread.

To the other neutral observers who are afraid to make an appearance on this thread, I only have this to say. I am aware that the priority here could possibly be to preserve your gemstones and not risk getting banned. Perhaps in your minds, being honest and truthful would result in getting banned. Because now all it takes is for one disgruntled forum user to report your post and depending on how quickly the moderators react, you will receive a warning in your inbox or a sudden ban. I've been told that you cannot discuss about your ban openly but there are a set of procedures to follow if you want to dispute it. The motto seems to be 'charge now, investigate later'.

Many thoughtful and kind forum members have also messaged me to warn me that I risk getting banned because many other people here do not like threads of such nature being created or discussed. I think that is a silly mentality to have.

Why should I worry about the opinions of a few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin aged 18-22 who've led a comfortable life in England all their lives?

Why should I pay heed to their disgruntlement over the millions of voiceless women in India who live below the poverty line, receive no education, have no access to clean water, have to endure an entire lifetime of hardship, may even be subjected to honor killings, who have no food to eat, who have no access to the internet and social media to tell and share their life experiences and I could go on.

I repeat myself. Why should I worry about the opinions of these few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin? At least I am discussing about it and I feel so strongly about this. I have researched on volunteer groups that travel to India and see what needs to be done there and I would very much like to join them.

Don't these few disgruntled forum users of Indian origin know that hundreds of thousands of international schools around the world organize yearly overseas trips for the students to travel to poor countries like Cambodia, Nepal, Laos, Myanmar and so on to do volunteer work such as building projects and many others, at 3 months a stretch each year during high school?

What about these few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin? What have they done? They simply want to sweep this issue of 30,000 rapes in India in each of the last 3 consecutive years, under the rug. These forum users live comfortable lives in England and do not want to have any association with India because deep down they know the reality of the situation. If only they had stopped to think that had their parents remained in India they could very well be in the same predicament as the millions of women I have described above. and they would be hoping that somehow, somewhere, someone would voice out about these issues and save them from situations.

Anyways I do not wish to ask these few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin whether their parents claim benefits in England. I think asking such a question would be distasteful.

Hi Jeremy. I am disappointed with you. I never thought it would come to this. I realized that every time the old guard on this forum cannot come up with any counter argument of substance against the initial set of arguments from one forum member, the latter is labelled a troll.

We are talking about rape here. It is one of the most heinous crimes that can be committed against women. 30,000 rapes have been committed against women in India in each of the last 3 years and you have the audacity to joke and partake with another forum member in calling me a troll? Disappointing.

Yes it may come across as weird to many here who are from England that an American girl (me) is talking about this issue on this forum and wants to do something while the few disgruntled forum members of Indian origin prefer to interact with their keyboards.

We must come together and only then can we change the rape culture in India and eradicate it completely. Think of it as a revolution. It always starts small and then it grows over a period of time.

I don't blame these people from England for having reacted the way they did on this thread. They've led sheltered lives for most of their early life. Free education right up to college, free healthcare, ability to claim a multitude of benefits, ability to get a student loan to pay for your degree with 30 year option to pay it back and if you can't pay it back, the government writes off the loan and the list goes on.

For many of us outside of England, we are not so lucky. We do not have any form of financial assistance from the government whatsoever. Our parents work two jobs. College and medical fees here are very high. I suppose this is the reason why there is a difference of opinion.

Great Britain of today is very different from the Great Britain of the early centuries. Shocking.

Just face it, Pointing out the physical difference of a bad human being such as their race is as dumb as pointing out the length of their toes.
Reply 87
Original post by ~Seraphina~
post full of silly assumptions about Brits and Indians

Right time for me to get serious.

Firstly, you have only done research about travelling to India and "helping out", but what physical things have you ACTUALLY done?

Way to go, assuming that none of us have actually done anything to address the issue ourselves.

Are you aware that 4 years ago (before the issue of rape in India came to international attention), I actually spent a whole year living amongst the locals in one of the poorest states of India (Bihar), helping to address these issues, imparting knowledge and education to children and women, building indoor sanitation facilities (the lack of this being one big contributing factor to rapes) and water treatment facilities amongst lots of other things?

I don't normally believe in shouting about the service to others that I've engaged in (I don't like the word "charity"), but the way you assume all sorts of cr*p about us means that on this thread I will break that personal rule.

The way you're asking us first generation Brits of Indian origin what we've done about the issue, why don't you ask your best friend, who's a first generation American of Indian origin, the same question?

Being fearful of what will happen to her is a cop-out. I went with a group of 4 other first generation British girls all of Indian origin who were all fearless - they all believed "come what may, I will fight for the cause!".
I have no time for cowardice wherever it is or whoever it comes from.

An even better way to eliminate rape globally is to sort out the issues in your own back yard. Your nation has reported rape statistics of ~84,000 a year (according to @slade p), what have YOU done for your OWN fellow citizens?

I've been volunteering for a number of years (since the age of 18) with a local organization in London (not mentioning names for confidentiality) whose objective is to stop sexual violence and some of the "imported" cultural practices that lead to it here in the UK - a nation also with a high number of rapes.

Talk is cheap, but actions speak louder. I'm a firm believer in Karma Yoga (achieving perfection in action through selfless service).

I repeat, what are YOU doing about it in YOUR own back yard, before you go to other nations to sort out their problems?

Since you've also attacked my nation (Britain) for having the institutions that provide the dignity of a minimum standard of living, as well as social mobility through subsidised education; why doesn't your nation try giving the same human dignity at least for those military veterans (who have risked their lives to protect your's and other nations) begging on the streets of America just for a start?

Sure, the British welfare state is open to abuse, but rather have that than little human dignity provided for one's own citizens. I've been to America, I've seen the poor living on the streets of the world's wealthiest nation. We are not as wealthy, have limited space and resources, yet still find it in our hearts to provide basic human dignity with a more comprehensive welfare state.

Oh and BTW, my family came to this country (Britain) and had virtually nothing on them apart from the clothes they were wearing; after having been chucked out of the country they were working and making a living in, by some idiot dictator who had dreamt that "God told him to order the expulsion".
Having educated themselves, worked hard, saved hard, not claimed benefits, they are millionaires and have instilled the same values in me.

I repeat, why don't you FIRST do something concrete about it TODAY in YOUR own nation rather than being a keyboard warrior talking about nations and cultures that you probably don't understand?
Perhaps there's some hope for India?

[video="youtube;wRcuFGYraLM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRcuFGYraLM[/video]
Original post by nucdev
Right time for me to get serious.

Firstly, you have only done research about travelling to India and "helping out", but what physical things have you ACTUALLY done?

Way to go, assuming that none of us have actually done anything to address the issue ourselves.

Are you aware that 4 years ago (before the issue of rape in India came to international attention), I actually spent a whole year living amongst the locals in one of the poorest states of India (Bihar), helping to address these issues, imparting knowledge and education to children and women, building indoor sanitation facilities (the lack of this being one big contributing factor to rapes) and water treatment facilities amongst lots of other things?

I don't normally believe in shouting about the service to others that I've engaged in (I don't like the word "charity":wink:, but the way you assume all sorts of cr*p about us means that on this thread I will break that personal rule.

The way you're asking us first generation Brits of Indian origin what we've done about the issue, why don't you ask your best friend, who's a first generation American of Indian origin, the same question?

Being fearful of what will happen to her is a cop-out. I went with a group of 4 other first generation British girls all of Indian origin who were all fearless - they all believed "come what may, I will fight for the cause!".
I have no time for cowardice wherever it is or whoever it comes from.

An even better way to eliminate rape globally is to sort out the issues in your own back yard. Your nation has reported rape statistics of ~84,000 a year (according to @slade p), what have YOU done for your OWN fellow citizens?

I've been volunteering for a number of years (since the age of 18) with a local organization in London (not mentioning names for confidentiality) whose objective is to stop sexual violence and some of the "imported" cultural practices that lead to it here in the UK - a nation also with a high number of rapes.

Talk is cheap, but actions speak louder. I'm a firm believer in Karma Yoga (achieving perfection in action through selfless service).

I repeat, what are YOU doing about it in YOUR own back yard, before you go to other nations to sort out their problems?

Since you've also attacked my nation (Britain) for having the institutions that provide the dignity of a minimum standard of living, as well as social mobility through subsidised education; why doesn't your nation try giving the same human dignity at least for those military veterans (who have risked their lives to protect your's and other nations) begging on the streets of America just for a start?

Sure, the British welfare state is open to abuse, but rather have that than little human dignity provided for one's own citizens. I've been to America, I've seen the poor living on the streets of the world's wealthiest nation. We are not as wealthy, have limited space and resources, yet still find it in our hearts to provide basic human dignity with a more comprehensive welfare state.

Oh and BTW, my family came to this country (Britain) and had virtually nothing on them apart from the clothes they were wearing; after having been chucked out of the country they were working and making a living in, by some idiot dictator who had dreamt that "God told him to order the expulsion".
Having educated themselves, worked hard, saved hard, not claimed benefits, they are millionaires and have instilled the same values in me.

I repeat, why don't you FIRST do something concrete about it TODAY in YOUR own nation rather than being a keyboard warrior talking about nations and cultures that you probably don't understand?

Mujhe lagda hai ki useh bimari hai, samaj nahi aegi usko :tongue:

But wow! How was it in India?
A short video summary of the 2012 gang rape of a woman in India on a moving bus by 6 men.

[video="youtube;EtLm0OuLDLo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtLm0OuLDLo[/video]
Reply 91
Original post by cupcakes87
Mujhe lagda hai ki useh bimari hai, samaj nahi aegi usko :tongue:

But wow! How was it in India?

Better not speak foreign languages on here. We've already made that mistake once. Never know, some people might get offended enough to report us.

Rough, man (well, woman lol)!
But we definitely helped those areas we stayed in and left them better equipped to prevent rape and prosecute should it happen.

We're still in contact with the sarpanches and panchayats (elected village leaders and councils before someone complains I'm using foreign words) and things have improved dramatically. Also visited them a year and a half ago to see the progress they made.
Original post by nucdev
Better not speak foreign languages on here. We've already made that mistake once. Never know, some people might get offended enough to report us.

Rough, man (well, woman lol)!
But we definitely helped those areas we stayed in and left them better equipped to prevent rape and prosecute should it happen.

We're still in contact with the sarpanches and panchayats (elected village leaders and councils before someone complains I'm using foreign words) and things have improved dramatically. Also visited them a year and a half ago to see the progress they made.

Lol, ofc :rolleyes:

Thats actually pretty amazing! Good on you!
Lmao, just read how many times she wtote disgruntled forum members of indian origin :rofl:
Reply 94
Original post by Bill_Gates
Not sure why you have tagged me in this?

It's a developing country it took them YEARS to count how many people there are and give them ID tags. You're really going to buy into rape propaganda? UK/India rapes are on par however sickening they are. One happens every 20 minutes in the UK! We have more violent crime too.

:rolleyes:
Reply 95
So, OP, you said you defend people of all races and religions. Prime chance for you to practice what you claim ^^^^^^^ (post above from synchyst).

EDIT: Post deleted and user banned now, but posted all sorts of rubbish about "dirty Indians" and "dirty Hindus".
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 96
This entire thread is a farce. Whatever issues are happening in India they are none of your business.

I don't believe for one second your 'I'm a bleeding-heart american white girl who desperately wants to help the women of India'. If you truly cared, you (and others) would do more than make a useless thread on a student website. The fact is you don't care one bit about women in India. You are merely using their tragedies and suffering to satisfy your own neo-colonalist itch. Disgusting creature. How dare you. What right do you have to exploit their horrible experiences for your own ends? You must be a truly miserable person.

There's a phenomenon known as 'third world poverty porn' where rich white westerners watch films/documentaries, or even visit poverty and squalor in parts of the world on the pretext of caring, but in reality they take a perverse pleasure in seeing other people's suffering and knowing they are better off. It seems as though 'third world rape porn' is also now becoming a thing. You people aren't even human. You don't deserve that label or those rights.

Add to this the fact that several of the sources you have posted do not even involve Indian men e.g. The nun raped in India was done so by Illegal Bangladeshi immigrants, and the Rotherham scandal did not involve Indians. Add to that your blatant refusal to address the widespread (and increasing) instances of rape/child abuse in the US/UK, and it's clear your agenda is NOT to show sympathy for the victims of rape in India, but to exploit them to attack India in general.

You are a nobody to talk about India. Leave it to Indians who actually have a stake, and genuine interest in the issue to discuss. You quite frankly are a parasite looking to leach off the suffering of other human beings.
(edited 8 years ago)
^ Damn.
Reply 98
In fact, I wasn't going to comment again on this farcical thread. But I remember this video from a while back. An intelligent American's perspective on the issue.

You could learn a thing or two from this guy - who actually lives in India, and sees it with his own eyes, as opposed to the idiots who ignorantly judge from afar with only news articles for reference.

[video="youtube;Kd8cPiRKlGM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd8cPiRKlGM[/video]
Reply 99
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3712875

This thread makes me think India doesnt have a rape culture at all. About 25k rapes have happened in India last year of women relative to a population of 1.3 billion, whereas in the UK they have 85k rapes of women relative a population of 65m.

If those numbers are true then it means rape is practically non-existent in India.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending