The Student Room Group

Do you think all humans deserve love?

And why?

Scroll to see replies

all humans are love at their core and therefore need no love from outside sources
we complete ourselves
Reply 2
We all pertain to the same existence and same start to that existence. Love has been associated with many things, but the absence of it has primarily attributed to starting or continuing hateful, violent acts. Even if Love may not be related to what is "deserved" - all should express love to others (or even just respect). All should be able to receive it.
Reply 3
I think that all humans came into existence not through their own choice. And, when we came into existence, we were saddled with needs that must be fulfilled in order to maintain our quality of experience, and one of those needs is to be loved. Because we didn't choose to have this need, but someone else gave it to us, it seems right to me to say that we deserve to have it fulfilled.

By analogy you might say that if your company hurts you, or in some way creates for you a new need in your life that you didn't have before, that they should financially compensate you for it, so that they bear the burden and not you, because it was their doing and not yours.

These things being said, you can't force people to love each other, unlike a court can order a company to pay up.
Reply 4
Original post by fairytalecolours
all humans are love at their core and therefore need no love from outside sources
we complete ourselves

how?
Reply 5
Original post by parrot16
And why?

yes
because love conquers all.
Original post by da_nolo
how?

because let's look at physical reality
we're unable to transmit 'feelings of love' to others
when we experience love, in all cases we are creating that experience inside ourselves on our own
the outside world can act as stimuli to illicit feelings of love within us but those energy experiences of love cannot leave our bodies
therefore we're able to choose to experience love inside us at any given moment
we can share that love with others physically through physical touch or communication but we cannot transmit our inner 'love feeling' experiences into another's body

"They can't say, 'Here it is!' or 'There it is!' You see, the kingdom of God is within you." - the bible
(edited 8 years ago)
No. Not all humans deserve love.

I guess, in a platonic way, sure...it's an important building block of humanity, but love, in the sense of the gooey glut of feelings for someone in...a different way...has to be earned.
Reply 8
Original post by fairytalecolours
because let's look at physical reality
we're unable to transmit 'feelings of love' to others
How would "love" be identified as a physical reality when majority of explanations and descriptions transcend physical properties?

when we experience love, in all cases we are creating that experience inside ourselves on our own
the outside world can act as stimuli to illicit feelings of love within us but those energy experiences of love cannot leave our bodies
Is love expressed?

therefore we're able to choose to experience love inside us at any given moment
we can share that love with others physically through physical touch or communication but we cannot transmit our inner 'love feeling' experiences into another's body

"They can't say, 'Here it is!' or 'There it is!' You see, the kingdom of God is within you." - the bible

I'd say that sharing in love is more than physical. I don't do anything but my friends know I love them. I don't touch them other than hugs and I don't say it.
Reply 9
In what way is an emotional requirement comprehensively distinct from a medical or financial requirement? Ultimately, the reason all these things matter is that they impinge on a person's quality of experience.
Reply 10
That's true. However, it's not the same to say, "a person deserves happiness," as it is to say, "this person or that person is obliged to ensure someone's happiness."

In my original post I said, "you can't force people to love each other, unlike a court can order a company to pay up." Deserving a thing is not the same as requiring someone to give it to you.
Reply 11
Original post by parrot16
And why?

The world owes you nothing.

No one deserves anything whatsoever, good or bad.
(edited 8 years ago)
Right. Love has no condition. In my view, its the highest sympathy for people. Such a sympathy is a strong feeling and feelings are snap-shots in general.
Ask Louis Armstrong, he can't give you anything but love.
yes, that is why i try to spread my cavy love :h:
Erm it's not a fundamental human right so no...
Right in the sense of this, or - to be a bit clearer - in the sense of agree with you.

Depends on the point of view. When I was falling in love with people, it is unconditional, that is to say it does not matter, yeah, it does not even care, what an origin, what a colour skin, hair colour or something like that this person has.

But there are also aspects where you are right: to fall in love with a person, it has to be certain reasons: the appeal and the characteristic to name two examples.
(edited 8 years ago)
There's many things that we'd like to have individually but because the post stated 'all humans', the only fundamental things that we deserve to have for the mere fact that we're human beings is our human rights. Love doesn't fall under that.
Hitler?
I mean natural/moral rights.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending