The Student Room Group

BCD student meet BBB entry requirement?

Hi so i submitted my ucas application and is now sent to my school to add my reference. But now i have doubts on whether i have chosen places with the right entry requirements that i can realistically meet. Some of the minimum univeriversities i applied for ask for 300 ucas points. This is because i couldn't find any other decent universities for the course i want to do (law llb) that are close to me (not living away from home) i was wondering with a person with BCD grades achieve a BBB place? My schools didn't raise my prediction grades. They don't favour overpredicting or i would have got ABC (i'm retaking a module to bump the D to a C or a B hopefully) so is it possible?

Do you reckon i should ask my school to send back my application to change one place (which was abb to a lower insitutiom say 280 ucas) ?
Original post by sanjeedauddin
Hi so i submitted my ucas application and is now sent to my school to add my reference. But now i have doubts on whether i have chosen places with the right entry requirements that i can realistically meet. Some of the minimum univeriversities i applied for ask for 300 ucas points. This is because i couldn't find any other decent universities for the course i want to do (law llb) that are close to me (not living away from home) i was wondering with a person with BCD grades achieve a BBB place? My schools didn't raise my prediction grades. They don't favour overpredicting or i would have got ABC (i'm retaking a module to bump the D to a C or a B hopefully) so is it possible?

Do you reckon i should ask my school to send back my application to change one place (which was abb to a lower insitutiom say 280 ucas) ?

You can change/swap choices for up to 2 weeks after your application is sent off. I'd definitely change it so you have a more realistic insurance though. Which universities have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
You can change/swap choices for up to 2 weeks after your application is sent off. I'd definitely change it so you have a more realistic insurance though. Which universities have you applied to? :smile:

Thank you for your input. Also will this affect my payment to ucas? Would i have to repay to submit my application again? And i applied to Queen mary (the one i'm having doubts about but is my dezired university but not with these grades lmao) University of Kent, City university London (where i can really see myself going and enjoying), Greenwhich and Canterbury Christ. I don't really know any other universities that offer my course that has a good reputation that i can put as a safety net for BCD grades incase if i don't meet the BBB requirement
Thank you for your input. Also will this affect my payment to ucas? Would i have to repay to submit my application again? And i applied to Queen mary (the one i'm having doubts about but is my dezired university but not with these grades lmao) University of Kent, City university London (where i can really see myself going and enjoying), Greenwhich and Canterbury Christ. I don't really know any other universities that offer my course that has a good reputation that i can put as a safety net for BCD grades incase if i don't meet the BBB requirement

Nope! :smile: You can just substitute your choices as long as you're within the 2 week period. It wouldn't be submitting your application again, it would just be changing choices.

I don;t know if you've tried this website at all, it should give you a list of all of the Universities that do your course:
http://university.which.co.uk/courses

(try not to rely on reputation too much though. Look at the modules, study abroad opps and work experience. Visit them if you can and get a feel from them. I haven't gone by reputation/league tables at all when choosing mine) :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope! :smile: You can just substitute your choices as long as you're within the 2 week period. It wouldn't be submitting your application again, it would just be changing choices.

I don;t know if you've tried this website at all, it should give you a list of all of the Universities that do your course:
http://university.which.co.uk/courses

(try not to rely on reputation too much though. Look at the modules, study abroad opps and work experience. Visit them if you can and get a feel from them. I haven't gone by reputation/league tables at all when choosing mine) :smile:

Oh alright ! I'll definetly contact my sixthform. Exactly i feel like students get caught up with reputation and league tables and i admit i was probably one of them. But i definetly researched city uni and looks really good in all aspects especially employment wise

FYI, it's a seven day period to make changes. It was changed from two weeks a couple of years back.
Oh alright ! I'll definetly contact my sixthform. Exactly i feel like students get caught up with reputation and league tables and i admit i was probably one of them. But i definetly researched city uni and looks really good in all aspects especially employment wise

Best of luck :smile:

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
FYI, it's a seven day period to make changes. It was changed from two weeks a couple of years back.

Whoops, my bad :colondollar: Sorry, I honestly thought it was 2 weeks before my option got removed to substitute but I must have been wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending