The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
If you're surprised by the amount of people who DISAGREE with you, you clearly don't live in the real world and judging by your attitude to this issue, that would not surprise me.

I'm totally aware some people have different views thanks :smile: x
Your children will resent you forever. Human sexuality cannot be suppressed - history proves thus. Get a life. Calling me silly - your attitude is disgustingly immature.

Your own children would disown you and wish they NEVER had a dad like you, that is...if you are fortunate to have one...Acknowledge your foolishness and make amends.
Original post by bardnnyc
Your own children would disown you and wish they NEVER had a dad like you, that is...if you are fortunate to have one...Acknowledge your foolishness and make amends.

Why? Because daddy's gay? Poor child. Listen dickhead, kids grow up loving the one who sat by them all night when they were sick, the one who bathed them, clothed them, fed them, loved and protected them. They could not care less who he or she loves as long as they are loved. This is true, even in your case - you clearly love a pair of bigoted *******s who brought you up with your sordid beliefs.
Why? Because daddy's gay? Poor child. Listen dickhead, kids grow up loving the one who sat by them all night when they were sick, the one who bathed them, clothed them, fed them, loved and protected them. They could not care less who he or she loves as long as they are loved. This is true, even in your case - you clearly love a pair of bigoted *******s who brought you up with your sordid beliefs.

You are pathetic and a disgrace of a human being mate and you,ll continue to be till you take the cowardly route to end it. Who mentioned anything about daddy being gay? stop swimming in your own vomit. fool, you brought up the issue of children and resentment, now its about parents. Do you have any? I feel sorry for you.
Is this serious? What reason could you possibly have against this?
Original post by NathanDYEL
You would be surprised how many people share the same opinion with me!! Especially about not letting their son dress as a princess.

hey, I can see you've got a lot of hate from sharing this opinion, just gonna start by saying I'm not going to judge you for what you think - I'm genuinely interested in why? Surely this is just enforcing gender roles? Not saying you're wrong, just curious. :smile:
You are pathetic and a disgrace of a human being mate and you,ll continue to be till you take the cowardly route to end it. Who mentioned anything about daddy being gay? stop swimming in your own vomit. fool, you brought up the issue of children and resentment, now its about parents. Do you have any? I feel sorry for you.

You know pal, I took the cowardly route many times and I was never lucky enough to not wake up again. You alluded to that as being a reason I'd be disowned by my potential children.

I do have parents, do the basics of biology also escape your tiny, inconsiderate, mind?
You know pal, I took the cowardly route many times and I was never lucky enough to not wake up again. You alluded to that as being a reason I'd be disowned by my potential children.

I do have parents, do the basics of biology also escape your tiny, inconsiderate, mind?

I did not allude to that, you are just being paranoid and silly. I gave my opinion to the thread, i wasn't addressing you neither did i mention you . I am being honest. my son will not dress as a princess because he is not one. If you call that 'being bad parent', so be it. my comment was in response to yours and I never alluded to them disowning you being as a result of being gay. You are the one who asked if i wanted a D before you modified your post. I find that offensive. I said I wouldn't want my kids/sons having access to such literature as the one you have as your avatar, that includes any pics that depicts sex/kissing. Halloween inclusive.

In all my posts here, I didn't involve anyone's children or parents. low lives and dregs of the earth do. If you want to hail anything my way, direct it at me and do not involve any other person.
(edited 8 years ago)
I did not allude to that, you are just being paranoid and silly. I gave my opinion to the thread, i wasn't addressing you neither did i mention you . I am being honest. my son will not dress as a princess because he is not one. If you call that 'being bad parent', so be it. my comment was in response to yours and I never alluded to them disowning you being as a result of being gay. You are the one who asked if i wanted a D before you modified your post. I find that offensive. I said I wouldn't want my kids/sons having access to such literature as the one you have as your avatar, that includes any pics that depicts sex/kissing. Halloween inclusive.

In all my posts here, I didn't involve anyone's children or parents. low lives and dregs of the earth do. If you want to hail anything my way, direct it at me and do not involve any other person.

Did it all.
Original post by nverjvlev
hey, I can see you've got a lot of hate from sharing this opinion, just gonna start by saying I'm not going to judge you for what you think - I'm genuinely interested in why? Surely this is just enforcing gender roles? Not saying you're wrong, just curious. :smile:

I don't go around spreading hate but when people keep on asking more and more questions it often leads to that, and yes I have got a lot of hate for giving my opinion, but there's many other people who would also not let their son dress up as a princess.

Some reasons why.... Bullying....Confusion......
I don't go around spreading hate but when people keep on asking more and more questions it often leads to that, and yes I have got a lot of hate for giving my opinion, but there's many other people who would also not let their son dress up as a princess.

woah, I'm not accusing you of spreading hate, I'm just trying to get your opinion without putting you on the defensive. Genuinely really sorry if I seemed attacking. So you're concerned that it would cause him problems socially and in the understanding of his identity?

I guess the bullying this is quite an important point to raise - you can't control other people's children and bullying can carry cause loads of quite complex issues for children.

I know what it's like for people to disregard your opinion as invalid because they don't understand it, I just wanted to open up a non-aggressive discussion about this.
Original post by ermahgerd11
He's living the double life :lol: Really?! Like what? :eek4:

Like threads asking girls what penis size they prefer :teehee:

Don't you think that your child would start climbing walls and pretend he's a spiderman?
(edited 8 years ago)

I would not and i am not gonna be a conformist because 99.99% of people are doing something which i do not accept. I never have been. This is not about hating on gays, i have loads of them as friends except one.

People should leave their keyboards, get out and face the real world. There are loads of parents who wouldn't do that but the fear of being branded homophobes scares the **** out of them. I would never be part of the crowd. I don't please no one.
Reply 313
It's all dependent on context. In private I don't think a lot of people would have a problem, even a lot of those who said they would in this thread - though it might be a bit cringy to watch (yes I know acceptance is good and stuff, but seeing a kid walk around in princess clothes just naturally makes me cringe, even if I accept it). In public, e.g. at a fancy dress party, I'm not as many people would, simply because of that cringe/embarrassment factor. People have to maintain their image, right? It's not really an issue around ages 2-6, but after that it slowly starts to become an issue as they and their friends get an idea of what is "boyish" and "girlish".
As such, I'd probably be fairly lenient on it, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. I can talk fancy all I want about equality and breaking gender barriers, the kid should at least maintain a somewhat cool public image if his friends don't think "girly" stuff is "cool", it's not nice to get picked on for it at that age. If he feels and thinks more like a girl and decides he wants to be one, then that can come in teen years, when nearly everyone understands these gender lines and that boys don't have to be "cool" and stuff.

/s
Original post by nverjvlev
woah, I'm not accusing you of spreading hate, I'm just trying to get your opinion without putting you on the defensive. Genuinely really sorry if I seemed attacking. So you're concerned that it would cause him problems socially and in the understanding of his identity?

I guess the bullying this is quite an important point to raise - you can't control other people's children and bullying can carry cause loads of quite complex issues for children.

I know what it's like for people to disregard your opinion as invalid because they don't understand it, I just wanted to open up a non-aggressive discussion about this.

Yeahh i had originally read what you wrote wrong but decided to keep it in there anyway once i had re-read your comment

Yeah when he is young I believe it's right to tell him what's what and how a man should act. Then when he is older he can make his own decisions once he has matured and is sure of what he wants. That way he has the best possible start.
I would not and i am not gonna be a conformist because 99.99% of people are doing something which i do not accept. I never have been. This is not about hating on gays, i have loads of them as friends except one.

People should leave their keyboards, get out and face the real world. There are loads of parents who wouldn't do that but the fear of being branded homophobes scares the **** out of them. I would never be part of the crowd. I don't please no one.

That' good :smile: Stand up for what we believe in.
Yeahh i had originally read what you wrote wrong but decided to keep it in there anyway once i had re-read your comment

Yeah when he is young I believe it's right to tell him what's what and how a man should act. Then when he is older he can make his own decisions once he has matured and is sure of what he wants. That way he has the best possible start.

No he doesn't, that way he is indoctrinated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well you can't do anything else than respect his choice, otherwise you'll get the hate militia or your "transphobic" ass.

You can't have your own opinion, basically.
No he doesn't, that way he is indoctrinated.

Everyone has their own beliefs and it is their own choice which ones they pass onto their children.
Everyone has their own beliefs and it is their own choice which ones they pass onto their children.

Correct. Does not mean it is the right choice.

Latest