The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge 2015 predicted thresholds and past thresholds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Ucl dont do interviews for maths most of the time. I applied last year with around 96-97UMS in maths FM and i got an offer end of october(applied 13th oct). But that was last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds weird, because in the website they have mentioned that potential applicants will be interviewed. I have 296 UMS and 268 for FM(FP1, C3 and S1). Shouldn't have i already hear back from them by this time taking into account i applied on 14th of October?
Thanks!
Original post by 2014_GCSE
How do you do that f(xy) question. Think I got it right, but wanna check.
Solution anyone?

C. 39

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do we get thresholds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

solution =/= answer :tongue:
Original post by Student403
solution =/= answer :tongue:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1446883762.648431.jpg
I guess most people use method 1 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QuantizedLY
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1446883762.648431.jpg
I guess most people use method 1 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah. I used 2
Would 69 be a silver?
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
I applied to Mathematics and Physics degree at UCL, but haven't yet got even an invitation to an interview. My AS maths and FM grades were really high. I applied on 14th of October, so why it is taking so long? Also, have you got offer without an interview?
Congrats on the offer BTW

Never heard about UCL giving interviews... I've just got an offer from my application (and they required me to send my UMS scores in a table afterwards, so that's pretty important I guess).
Would 69 be a silver?
Original post by PrimeLime
Never heard about UCL giving interviews... I've just got an offer from my application (and they required me to send my UMS scores in a table afterwards, so that's pretty important I guess).

Yep, exactly. They asked me as well via email to send my UMS grades in a table a week after my application?
Also, for which degree have you aplied for? I hope it is because of mathematics and physics, other wise it means there are some problems with my application causing delays... :frown: BTW would you mind telling your AS ums grades and predicted grades?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
Yep, exactly. They asked me as well via email to send my UMS grades in a table a week after my application?
Also, for which degree have you aplied for? I hope it is because of mathematics and physics, other wise it means there are some problems with my application causing delays... :frown: BTW would you mind telling your AS ums grades and predicted grades?

I have an offer for maths (which I'm not gonna take) but basically for some reason they expected me to have put my UMS scores on my actual UCAS application (don't know how, don't think there was an option) and so they did the same thing with me as they did with you, just asked me for my M/FM UMS in a table via e-mail.
Good thing is I got an offer a day or two later, but they took like 2/3 weeks or so to ask for UMS for some reason...
I have an offer for maths (which I'm not gonna take) but basically for some reason they expected me to have put my UMS scores on my actual UCAS application (don't know how, don't think there was an option) and so they did the same thing with me as they did with you, just asked me for my M/FM UMS in a table via e-mail.
Good thing is I got an offer a day or two later, but they took like 2/3 weeks or so to ask for UMS for some reason...

Is this UCL?
Is this UCL?

Yep
Yep

Congratz on the offer! Do you think they'd ask for my UMS for engineering, too?
I have an offer for maths (which I'm not gonna take)

Where are you hoping to have for insurance? (sorry to be nosy but I have to procrastinate assignments somehow :colonhash:)
Congratz on the offer! Do you think they'd ask for my UMS for engineering, too?

Probably, didn't think that UCL asked for UMS in the first place, so I was surprised when they did! XD
I was thinking that only Cambridge look at my UMS scores but UCL might for everyone as well.
Probably, didn't think that UCL asked for UMS in the first place, so I was surprised when they did! XD
I was thinking that only Cambridge look at my UMS scores but UCL might for everyone as well.

Haha yeah. I applied on the 13th and haven't been asked for anything yet, though!
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Where are you hoping to have for insurance? (sorry to be nosy but I have to procrastinate assignments somehow :colonhash:)

Haha, I would be procrastinating assignments too.
My insurance will be Warwick (have an offer) if I get an offer from Cambridge. Should get an offer tbh, the thing I very much doubt is making the STEP grades. Will be very disappointed if I get rejected after interview, but in that case I'd put Warwick as firm and Imperial/UCL as insurance.
Haha yeah. I applied on the 13th and haven't been asked for anything yet, though!

I've heard that UCL can take quite a while to give out offers, so I wouldn't be too worried. You should probably e-mail them or something to find out whether they need UMS scores.
I've heard that UCL can take quite a while to give out offers, so I wouldn't be too worried. You should probably e-mail them or something to find out whether they need UMS scores.

Will do thanks

Quick Reply

Latest