The Student Room Group

Sport & Exercise Science

Hello Everyone,

I am a Year 12 student who is interested in studying Sport & Exercise science at university and from there onward studying to become a teacher, Does anybody here study sport and exercise science? if so, do you enjoy it? what's it like?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Alfie_Steers
Hello Everyone,

I am a Year 12 student who is interested in studying Sport & Exercise science at university and from there onward studying to become a teacher, Does anybody here study sport and exercise science? if so, do you enjoy it? what's it like?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hello! I'm in year 13 studying human biology, pe and English lit. I've applied for sports science at uni and want to be a teacher aswell!
I've applied for Durham, Edinburgh Leeds and oxford brookes.
Durham is a great degree giving you lots of options, not just science but the social side of sport aswell, so from the second year you basically choose which aspect you want to go into.
Edinburgh and Leeds are very science based; but again it just depends what you prefer!
Good luck in year 12, I got ABB and I'm predicted AAB but there's loads of courses with a wide variety of grade boundaries for sport so I'm sure you'll find somewhere you like!
Thanks for the advice, been having a look at some universities that take my liking, I have looked at Chichester and Brighton so far, their sport courses look good.

I take it you'd like to become a PE teacher? If so, good choice!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I am a third year student at the University of Chichester studying dance :-)

The Sports students definitely have a great experience here at Chi because of all of the fantastic facilities, great teaching, and the close knit communities of the teams and societies - they definitely know how to have a crazy time! Sports science is a course with great facilities for research and studying, and Chichester is renowned for offering a great PGCE course if you want to become a teacher. I lived with 7 sports students in my first year and they were all part of different sports teams, so they had friends with similar interests other than their hallmates/coursemates. I had so much fun living with them, and I know that all sports students definitely become dedicated and passionate to Chichester as a University!

The smaller University setting offers more personal teaching from lecturers and professors who are experts in their field from day one, and there is a good balance between theory and practical too. If you have any more questions about the University then please ask!! Good luck with your studies :-)

Quick Reply