The Student Room Group

Is it ok for a girl to ask a guy's number?

I know that usually is the guy that ask a girl for her number but I like this guy in my college and I've known him since September. We don't really see each other often but I'm not sure If he's interested or not. Should I ask him his number?

Scroll to see replies

Of course. This is the 21st century, gender equality and all that jazz. A less awkward way would be to just ask him out for tea or something
Reply 2
Original post by coffin_suresh
Of course. This is the 21st century, gender equality and all that jazz. A less awkward way would be to just ask him out for tea or something

I'm not usually shy but he kinda make me feel nervous. I'll give it a try
It's a bit weird asking for his number, I guess giving him yours would make more sense. Although I guess that gives him all the power
If you think just making a cold call will be awkward then you may want to try something else. Have you tried doing what girls do best (dropping hints)??
Reply 5
Original post by PrinceOfOrange
It's a bit weird asking for his number, I guess giving him yours would make more sense. Although I guess that gives him all the power

Good point, that was exactly what I was thinking
Reply 6
Original post by coffin_suresh
If you think just making a cold call will be awkward then you may want to try something else. Have you tried doing what girls do best (dropping hints)??

No I haven't but he's flirty and I definitely respond to that, but things never progress If you know what I mean
Ask him out first. Theres nothing wrong. Infact the guy might be delighted to know that his flirting is effective!
What exactly does he do that makes you think he's flirty? At this point there could be 1001 reasons why he isn't responding. For one, your guy could be as blur as a block. Not everyone "gets" hints. We need more details to be able to give you advice...
Reply 9
Ok so when we first met our conversati ones were all about the fact that I'm Italian and I recently moved here (he's french). Sometimes he days stuff like: I want to learn italian, you should give me private lessons. Or last week he asked me: how do I say that you have pretty eyes in italian?
So I really don't know, maybe as you said he's just as blur as a block.
I don't see that as flirting. Maybe he was flirting or maybe he wasn't. Just continue being ordinary friends with him and very quickly you will be able to tell his intentions.
Original post by Cyndi24
Ok so when we first met our conversati ones were all about the fact that I'm Italian and I recently moved here (he's french). Sometimes he days stuff like: I want to learn italian, you should give me private lessons. Or last week he asked me: how do I say that you have pretty eyes in italian?

How about don't play games, as someone said further up it's the 21st century, just ask for his number if you like him, doesn't always have to be the guy that makes the first move.
Reply 12
Original post by Rock Fan
How about don't play games, as someone said further up it's the 21st century, just ask for his number if you like him, doesn't always have to be the guy that makes the first move.

Fair enough
Why wouldn't it be?
Reply 14
Original post by The Socktor
Why wouldn't it be?

Some people think that it's not conventional, that the guy has to make the first move etc
Original post by Cyndi24
Some people think that it's not conventional, that the guy has to make the first move etc

As been said it's 21st Century, does it actually matter, if you like him go for it, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks the way it should be done.
Reply 16
Original post by Rock Fan
As been said it's 21st Century, does it actually matter, if you like him go for it, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks the way it should be done.

Yeah, I'll go for it! Thanks
if you want to be sick just be sick. if you love someone just tell them. if you want a boys number just ask him. xox
Original post by Cyndi24

I'm 99% definite that's flirting.
I do it all the time, especially when I'm out at bars and stuff. Some guys are shy, so they need pushing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending