The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am very sure Warwick, Bristol, Edinburgh, Kings, Reading and etc. are pretty fast - as I have got three among them... and some of my friends have got some others...

I apply for geography and the majority of my friends go for biz, econ etc.
Keele was super quick, sent my application on the Tuesday got the offer on the Thursday. However St.Andrews sent me an email saying they're not giving many offers until after the deadline of January the 15th so they're taking their time :smile:
Haha i pretty much have given up oxford as well... what course do you apply for?

I have just done the tsa and, for me, it was insanely hard.
Original post by Laurenafenete
Really? I'm waiting to hear back from QM sent my UCAS off a while ago. Although to be fair I'm applying to do a foundation year

I'm waiting on Queen Mary's too, for Biomedical Engineering though. What course are you waiting for? Kings College are pretty quick, got an offer yesterday and sent the application on Monday. Still waiting for UCL for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering.
I've had three offers so far; Portsmouth (B in biology plus two other A levels) for Biochem, Lancaster (AAA) for Natural Sciences and an unconditional offer from Lancaster for Biochem with Biomed. I have an interview at UEA for NatSci on December 5th and have also applied to Cambridge.
I hope everyone gets the offer they're hoping for :smile:
Original post by robyn_emm
I've had three offers so far; Portsmouth (B in biology plus two other A levels) for Biochem, Lancaster (AAA) for Natural Sciences and an unconditional offer from Lancaster for Biochem with Biomed. I have an interview at UEA for NatSci on December 5th and have also applied to Cambridge.
I hope everyone gets the offer they're hoping for :smile:

Wow, congratulations on your offers and interview!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you send off your application and how long did it take for Lancaster get back to you for Biochem with biomed? I've applied for it too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glasgow gives really quick offers.
Sent off my application on the 22/10 and got offers from Kings, Surrey, Bath, Warwick in that order. Still waiting on Queen Mary though... :redface:
Reply 768
Original post by louderthanlove
Sent off my application on the 22/10 and got offers from Kings, Surrey, Bath, Warwick in that order. Still waiting on Queen Mary though... :redface:

I sent mine off on the 15th and got an offer yesterday for Surrey, still waiting on Bath, Warwick, Durham and Cambridge...
Starting to really get worried now.
I had all 5 of my offers within a month, so they were all really quick!
I sent my application on the 12th of October to study Sports Science

UEA - Unconditoinal offer 14th October
Bath - Conditional offer on 22nd October
Swansea - Conditional offer on 26th October
Exeter - Waiting for an offer
Chichester - Waiting for an offer

I heard that it sometimes takes a while for Exeter to offer places and I'm not too sure about Chichester so we'll just have to wait and see :smile:
I'm applying to do Maths at Sheffield, Aberdeen, KCL, Glasgow and Oxford. Sent my application on 9th October.

Already received offers from Glasgow (they took about a day), King's College London (about 2 weeks), and Sheffield (about 3 weeks)

Still waiting on Aberdeen (but they've only just sent me aknowledgement) and obviously Oxford.

I know quite a few people who got an offer from Bath pretty quick aswell.
Reply 772
few of my mates have got offers from Warwick. Couple from City and Kings. So far I've got one from Southampton and Kent and I'm waiting on Exeter, Birmingham and Lancaster.
when i applied for uni 2 years ago ( feel so old), the fastest one to send me an offer was leeds met, ljmu then uclan. Liverpool (my firm) came last :smile:
When I applied last year for Criminology, Manchester was incredibly quick, I think I got my offer a couple hours later. I'm now studying here too ☺️
Got a conditional on biomedical science at Kings. Know a few others who got the same thing as well.

Anyone know a medical applicant who got an interview call?
Original post by blakeho96
Hi! I'm an international student from Singapore, also applying for Modern Languages (German and Spanish ab initio) at Cambridge. All the schools I'm applying for are for deferred entry in 2017 as I have to serve my two years of compulsory National Service here after taking my A Levels.

Applied to 3 schools (UCL,KCL, Cambridge) on 9th September.
Received unconditional offers from KCL (European Studies-German Pathway) on 21st October, UCL (German and Norwegian) on Wednesday.
I'm still waiting for my invitation for interview at Cambridge (Trinity).

I'm from Portugal, and everyone I meet here seems to be from the UK, so it's nice to find someone who's not from there too.Anyway, those were my first three choices and I also received offers from KCL and UCL but they were conditional, as I'm still in my last year. I'm really nervous for my interview at Newnham, but I'm hopeful it will turn out fine. Good luck with your application to Cambridge! Maybe we'll meet there in two years, who knows? :smile:
Reply 777
My fastest offer was from bath, a week after applying. Also got interview at imperial.
Stirling gave me an offer in under a week after sending off. Sheffield have also, and a few of my friends have also had quick replies from Sheffield
Got an offer from Surrey yesterday!!!:biggrin: My dream uni so I'm over the moon!

Latest

Trending

Trending