The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear Mathematics Higher 1MA0 Paper 2 Answers November 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kmohazeb
For number 7, I got that he needs 51m? Will I still get marks?

Also can I ask what the cost was for number 8 thanks

51 is correct.

50ml = £1.09
75ml = £1.68
125 ml = £2.69
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
Hi mr M, can you post the foundation markschemes aswell please? Thankyou

I'm sorry. I don't have the papers. Your teacher can go through this with you on Monday.
Original post by Muhammad25
I put (1,2) intead carelessly. Does this mean I have lost a marker two.

Drop one mark.
Original post by Mr M
Ask a teacher in your school? They are allowed to use them with candidates in their centre. My advice would be to focus on your A level - surely GCSE is a pretty trivial challenge for you now?

I'm only in AS bare in mind, I just like to try the papers, they're nice sometimes, relaxing in comparison to FP1/FP2 that's for sure! Just nice to reassure myself that I've got all the basics.
Would u get full marks if u say he needs 51m? And not 51.2?

Yes
Also Mr M, for the fuel Q, I somehow got 9mins, do u think I'll get some marks for the method at least?

Also for number 8, I converted them into pence...could this still be correct?
(edited 8 years ago)
Also Mr M, for 15(a) I wrote that when a radius touches it it's 90degrees, is this wrong? ( I think it was this exam?! )

I've not seen the exam, but from what you've said, I assume it was a circle theorem question with a tangent and a radius.

You should've said 'When a tangent and a radius meet, a 90 degree right angle is formed', as it is GCSE you may pick a mark up for that, though
Also Mr M, for the fuel Q, I somehow got 9mins, do u think I'll get some marks for the method at least?

Fuel - that just sounds wrong.

Unless you did a division or multiplication involving both numbers no marks for 8.
Original post by iMacJack
I've not seen the exam, but from what you've said, I assume it was a circle theorem question with a tangent and a radius.

You should've said 'When a tangent and a radius meet, a 90 degree right angle is formed', as it is GCSE you may pick a mark up for that, though

I did two math exams, I'm not sure whether it was this one that required an explanation, or the other one. Thanks regardless!
Original post by Mr M
Fuel - that just sounds wrong.

Unless you did a division no marks for 8.

I did divide them! Just from pence instead of pound
Original post by iMacJack

No marks - this was an angle in a semicircle question.
I did divide them! Just from pence instead of pound

That's right then.
Original post by Mr M
No marks - this was an angle in a semicircle question.

Oh, well that's a bit different then!
Reply 33
Can anyone remember the amounts of each sweet on the last question?
Hi Mr M. What did you do get 251/435 because I am sure that I wrote that as my final answer too. I did 1-(same) I can't remember the probabilties for same but I did 1-(?/870). I think one of the values for same was 20 am I right?
Original post by rahim.mughal
Hi Mr M. What did you do get 251/435 because I am sure that I wrote that as my final answer too. I did 1-(same) I can't remember the probabilties for same but I did 1-(?/870). I think one of the values for same was 20 am I right?

Yes that's how I did it.
Original post by ad4m
Can anyone remember the amounts of each sweet on the last question?

18 fruit, 7 aniseed and 5 mint.
Reply 37
For question 15 did you have to use sohcahtoa? And then make an additional right angle triangle, to give u the full length of the side of the triangle on the circle. My answer was 2-Something, so would i get method marks?
please tell me how people worked out question 7 coz i got 51cm for the perimetre and he had 50cm, theefore he didnt have enough. AM I RIGHT?
Reply 39
Original post by Hassanh
For question 15 did you have to use sohcahtoa? And then make an additional right angle triangle, to give u the full length of the side of the triangle on the circle. My answer was 2-Something, so would i get method marks?

I used tan and then sin i think. You had to find the length of one by using tan and x it by 2 because it met the centre of the circle. Then use sin to find the other length. I got 2. something I can't remember exactly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending