The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haien910
St Anne's anyone?

Me !! For history and economics :smile: what about you ?
Yy
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by antisansculotte
Just to confirm - we pretty much all feel our entrance exams went rather badly?

Yep. I've basically accepted that I'm not going to get in :/
Original post by Skitee
Hey, good luck to all with applications! Thought I'd just say - I'm a current student at Keble studying Maths so if anyone has any questions about Keble/Maths feel free to shoot away!

How did you do in MAT and how long until they mark our MAT papers ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
any Brasenose applicants for medicine? although I don't think I'll get in after that horrendous bmat! the only thing I'm hoping now is that the grade boundaries/average will go down from previous years due to this one seeming so much harder! especially section 1...
Original post by SLMS
Any Univ applicants here?? :biggrin:

yep, law. hbu? :smile:
Hey everyone, I was just thinking about how all of this works in terms of my chances of an interview - I'm applying for History and English
Are the HAT scores compared across all people applying for all courses involving History, or just for the individual course? e.g. if my HAT score was slightly lower but the general standard for all History and English HAT's were also slightly lower, would I still be able to get an interview? or are all the HATs for all courses judged together? I mean obviously the HAT is only one part of the application etc, but does anyone know anything about interview selection for joint honours?
Original post by Skitee
Hey, good luck to all with applications! Thought I'd just say - I'm a current student at Keble studying Maths so if anyone has any questions about Keble/Maths feel free to shoot away!

To reassure my friend - did you do well on the MAT ? :biggrin:
Original post by AmateurMathsGeek
How did you do in MAT and how long until they mark our MAT papers ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by tamara98
To reassure my friend - did you do well on the MAT ? :biggrin:

I'm really sorry but I don't actually know how well I did in the MAT - I requested my results but I guess my email got lost in the flood of emails which my college got after the offers were made that I didn't get any response. A real shame but to have a guess at it looking at the questions and how much I did/how much I got right, it would be roughly 70...

What I remember with mine was that they took a long time to let me know whether I'd be shortlisted for interview, I don't think they told me until two weeks before interview dates (to see interview dates
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews/interview-timetable), so November will end up being a bit annoying with regards to your Oxford interview, but don't stress too much - the fact is that you've done as much as you can. Honestly, if you got AAAA (or better) at AS and/or performed adequately on the MAT, you should get an interview.
Original post by emem2011
Mine went awfully. I have no chance whatsoever now🙈 I'm so gutted because I love Oxford! I did the third question, how about you?

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the first question, the one about computers:colone:.Me too, Oxford looks so good!
Ahah no problem, I applied to Imperial, King's and Queen Mary as well. My stats are GCSES: 10A*s, AS: 4As in Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths. A2: keeping up all 4, predicted A*s.
What about you?:biggrin:
Original post by thechemistress
Yep. I've basically accepted that I'm not going to get in :/

the PAT was also rather awful
Original post by Mairickme
Me !! For history and economics :smile: what about you ?

Maths and computer science! but I've to accept the fact that chances of getting in is quite low..
Does anyone still need to send in their written work? I'm sorting mine out on Monday
Original post by Saga1997
Does anyone still need to send in their written work? I'm sorting mine out on Monday

Hopefully, I should finish emailing mine on Monday. Let's see.
Original post by medleg
any Brasenose applicants for medicine? although I don't think I'll get in after that horrendous bmat! the only thing I'm hoping now is that the grade boundaries/average will go down from previous years due to this one seeming so much harder! especially section 1...

I applied too!
I won't get into Oxford after that horrendous BMAT!
how do people think their LNAT went? I thought mine was okay and I finished with time to spare, but I find it crazy how 30/42 is seen as a good score. I thought I made like three mistakes max, and I'm no genius. Why is it so hard for everyone and am I just severely delusional? lol
Original post by sebklaine
how do people think their LNAT went? I thought mine was okay and I finished with time to spare, but I find it crazy how 30/42 is seen as a good score. I thought I made like three mistakes max, and I'm no genius. Why is it so hard for everyone and am I just severely delusional? lol

Are you kidding? Three mistakes? I'm hoping for a score of 20+. Everything above 25 would be absolutely mindblowing.. but honestly, I could end up at 14 or something, who knows. I think it was pretty hard, actually - for me and most other people I talked to, that is. Maybe you're a genius after all :smile:
Original post by lovecathy
Are you kidding? Three mistakes? I'm hoping for a score of 20+. Everything above 25 would be absolutely mindblowing.. but honestly, I could end up at 14 or something, who knows. I think it was pretty hard, actually - for me and most other people I talked to, that is. Maybe you're a genius after all :smile:

lol now I'm sure I messed up so bad I didn't even realise it x)
Did anyone sit the CLAT for classics? How did you find it?
Original post by sebklaine

seb if you really do have a score of 39/42, I think Oxford might just give you an unconditional - you'd possibly have the highest LNAT score ever.

Recent top scores are around 35, and yes even though all may seem good and well during the test you never know which questions may trip you up

Latest

Trending

Trending