The Student Room Group

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II)

Scroll to see replies

Oh btw, when it says that Jesus didn't die because the women came bringing medicine, can I mention that it was the Jewish custom in those days to bring ointments and spices to rub the dead with, bc of the smell? Look it up:wink:
Original post by Treblebee
That would be a pretty bleak prospect for me, as I won't deny that I have sinned before...

From a Christian point of view, though, Jesus offers redemption for those who have sinned, through leading a perfect life himself, and then being the ultimate sacrifice. Does Islam include the burnt offerings etc.? Bc we believe that Jesus was like a lamb, as atonement for sin, only that, as His sacrifice is at a much bigger scale, He offers atonement for everyone. With Jesus, we don't just love God through actions and good deeds; we love Him through the heart:smile:

So I suppose that for you, the most important thing is obeying the Ten Commandments etc.?

I'd say read the Qur'an if you want to know more about Islam. In the Qur'an it implores us to repent to Allah many times, and reminds us that God is truly All-Merciful, All-Forgiving and that we can always ask him to forgive us.

The thing is,and what I love about Islam, is that we, by ourselves approach God/Allah to forgive us and accept us into His mercy. This establishes a direct relationship, without intercessors, to our Creator and that tells me that Muslims are the closest to God cos we don't use people or saints to get close/forgiven by God.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh btw, when it says that Jesus didn't die because the women came bringing medicine, can I mention that it was the Jewish custom in those days to bring ointments and spices to rub the dead with, bc of the smell? Look it up:wink:

hey can u provide a link for this, don't know how to google it lol :smile:
Original post by MJlover
I'd say read the Qur'an if you want to know more about Islam. In the Qur'an it implores us to repent to Allah many times, and reminds us that God is truly All-Merciful, All-Forgiving and that we can always ask him to forgive us.

The thing is,and what I love about Islam, is that we, by ourselves approach God/Allah to forgive us and accept us into His mercy. This establishes a direct relationship, without intercessors, to our Creator and thats tells me that Muslims are the closest to God cos we don't use people or saints to get close/forgiven by God.

That's v nice, and I can see why you would love Islam so much, but why does He forgive you? Off what basis? Look, I'll make a deal with you: I'll read the Qur'an if you read the Bible. The whole Bible. (And I'll test you afterwards, as you can do for me:wink:) Wanna do it?
Is it possible to be Muslim, and not homophobic?
That's v nice, and I can see why you would love Islam so much, but why does He forgive you? Off what basis? Look, I'll make a deal with you: I'll read the Qur'an if you read the Bible. The whole Bible. (And I'll test you afterwards, as you can do for me:wink:) Wanna do it?

Well God is merciful and he says that his Mercy overcomes his wrath. God also said that if we never sinned He'd do away with us and replace us with people that did sin so that He could forgive us.

Also, about reading the bible, well the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said we should say that we believe in what was sent to the Jews and Christians and then believe our book.

And honestly I have been reading more about Jesus recently, and am waiting for my book about him to come through the post, so I am interested in what your religion originally said.

And I'd say read the Qur'an for ur own sake and God will guide you to the truth ameen
Original post by MJlover
hey can u provide a link for this, don't know how to google it lol :smile:

See seventh para in this link:
http://www.bibleresearch.org/observancebook5/b5w79.html
Reply 147
Original post by simbasdragon
Is it possible to be Muslim, and not homophobic?

Yep!:wink:
Reply 148
Original post by MJlover

The thing is,and what I love about Islam, is that we, by ourselves approach God/Allah to forgive us and accept us into His mercy. This establishes a direct relationship, without intercessors, to our Creator and that tells me that Muslims are the closest to God cos we don't use people or saints to get close/forgiven by God.

Back in the old testament that was the case before, but then God basically didnt like the idea anymore, so he said that he will give up his son to die on the cross so that once and for all, our sins are forgiven whenever we want repentance. Many people in the past have abused Christianity and have made it to be that forgiveness can only be given by priests but it states that Jesus is "THE way, THE truth, THE life" not a way, but the only way. People have different interpretation but this clearly states that repentance is only in Jesus (who is one with the father,God)
Original post by MJlover
Well God is merciful and he says that his Mercy overcomes his wrath. God also said that if we never sinned He'd do away with us and replace us with people that did sin so that He could forgive us.

Also, about reading the bible, well the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said we should say that we believe in what was sent to the Jews and Christians and then believe our book.

And honestly I have been reading more about Jesus recently, and am waiting for my book about him to come through the post, so I am interested in what your religion originally said.

And I'd say read the Qur'an for ur own sake and God will guide you to the truth ameen

That's all very well, but if you want me to read the Qur'an, then you must read the whole Bible, not the Muslim take on the Bible:wink:

well a Prophet's body doesn't decay so I don't agree
Original post by MJlover
well a Prophet's body doesn't decay so I don't agree

Yes, but remember I said that we believe that Jesus took on the body of a man, and suffered like us, thereby forming a link with us? So his body would also decay; besides, the women didn't fully understand what Jesus had been telling them, and a custom is a custom, so they didn't really stop to think about that, being human, and v distressed etc.
Yes, but remember I said that we believe that Jesus took on the body of a man, and suffered like us, thereby forming a link with us? So his body would also decay; besides, the women didn't fully understand what Jesus had been telling them, and a custom is a custom, so they didn't really stop to think about that, being human, and v distressed etc.

But Allah raised Jesus to himself before they could crucify him, so how could they have his body?
Reply 153
Original post by Commando1
Why do you think some muslims from the UK are joining ISIS and do you think that the Muslim community should be more vocal about their opposition to ISIS?

(no offence intended)

This one of the great question which i wanted someone to ask me, Of course everyone should be against it! Firstly, i want say it is very wrong. The fact that i heard that they are raping ppl which completely against Islam, NO ONE will enter Heaven if they committed Zina (Adultery) useless he prayed to Allah for forgiveness and the Allah knows the best. Wheni see some of the news about ISIS that they are raping, i can't trust them they change the whole story especially Daily Mail, BBC, Fox etc lie soo much which they brain washed people about Muslim they always show negative side of Islam. When you read something Muslim guy done something they will uses the word "Muslim" which gives negative side of islam and also some of the media use the religion as a problem they don't look at their personality and they think that Islam radicalised them.

My dad teaches he NEVER* convinces ppl to join Isis which wrong what they are doing killing innocent people. Some people say that Islamic Scholars convinces ppl to join ISIS and they teaches radicalised stuff to the students which not true.

ISIS are Wrong!!!
Original post by TAREQ003
What I believe they are not because they believe that Ali Should be the Prophet and Muhammed (PBH) is mistakenly chosen also they selfharm them self which very wrong. And they believe that prostitute is allow and it is compulsory for them to do prostitute. It is stated in Quran that it is very wrong.

Total rubbish. I'm a sunni but you shouldn't slander the shia's like that without any evidence. Anyone that believes that there is no one worthy of worship expect Allah and prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) is the last messenger is a Muslim. I do agree some of the shia's beliefs and practices are haram and are sinful, however it does not take them out of the fold of islam. Allah's mercy can still reach them.

And Allah knows best.
Original post by MJlover
But Allah raised Jesus to himself before they could crucify him, so how could they have his body?

I'm sorry, but it seems like you're going around in circles? In the website you put up, it offered the counter-proof that the women were coming to give Jesus medicine, and then I mentioned the fact that it was a Jewish ritual to rub ointment into the dead soon after burial, and now you're just repeating what you said before??
I'm sorry, but it seems like you're going around in circles? In the website you put up, it offered the counter-proof that the women were coming to give Jesus medicine, and then I mentioned the fact that it was a Jewish ritual to rub ointment into the dead soon after burial, and now you're just repeating what you said before??

That is cos I really don't understand this part of your question

How would these women know he was going to die, I thought it was known to his companions that Allah would save him, therefore he wouldn't die, and thus there was no need for that tradition of rubbing ointment into the dead?
Reply 157
Original post by demx9
Is that an ISIS qualification ?

This is a respectable environment, and frankly that is really too far. Being Christian i still dont accept people saying horrible things like that about other peoples faith.
Original post by TAREQ003
I respect every Religion whether you are Christian, Hindu, Shia, Buddhist, Atheists, Jews, Sikhs... My dad is Imam(Islamic Scholar) he Teaches in Islamic School. I also do Islamic Studies while i go to college.

I am More Than Happy to answer any questions. :biggrin:

Thanks

Do you believe in forgiveness? Please give some examples if your answer is yes or no.

Thank you
Original post by alishba-rosex
Thx for letting me know

Alisha, what do you say about Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him)? Do you say he's God, or was he sent by God?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending