The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by Zerforax
Do we want Spurs to lose or is a draw better for us?

I think Palace are missing all of their strikers which might help us?

Lose. Spurs losing is always good for everyone. Spurs getting any amounts of points is bad for society & the environment in general.

Trust me..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Lose. Spurs losing is always good for everyone. Spurs getting any amounts of points is bad for society & the environment on general.

Trust me..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mmm I guess we're not likely to catch Arsenal anyway.

I think Palace are missing all of their strikers which might help us?

Definitely lose; it's not even debatable.

Arsenal are way too good this season for us to challenge then, and with Chelsea faltering there's a massive opportunity to snatch their 4th spot.

Spurs (and Chelsea when when get going) will be our biggest rivals so them losing whenever possible is beneficial.

Spurs lose. Arsenal should finish second and we won't.

Original post by Lúcio

Sunday is a really big day though - ideally Arsenal can beat Spurs which gives us a great opportunity to get level on them in points.

Original post by SA-1
Lose. Spurs losing is always good for everyone. Spurs getting any amounts of points is bad for society & the environment in general.

This.
Yea I guess I'm getting ahead of myself if we think we can push any higher.

APLT predicts that Spurs will drop quite a few points before the mid-point in the season. Everton should actually climb up with an easier set of games.
Everton have really impressed me at times this season, but they fell flat in the derby and against United. The lack of European football obviously helps.
Everton are very polarising in their performances under Martinez. His first season you had more consistent good performances than this season and I doubt they'll get back to that level even with arguably a better team.
Original post by jam277
Everton are very polarising in their performances under Martinez. His first season you had more consistent good performances than this season and I doubt they'll get back to that level even with arguably a better team.

Martinez in general seems to be a very bipolar manager, able to achieve beyond his remit one year and massively fail to reach expectations the next.
I'm feeling confident about Sunday, I'm gonna go with a 2-0 win. I say this because we are buoyant under Klopp- 6 games undefeated. I understand that stat is quite misleading but recently we have started to look completely different under Klopp. The players look like they have a new lease on life and we've have been carving out chances left, right and centre. We are still in our honeymoon period with Klopp and I think it'll last a little while longer.

If we truly want to become giants in football again then we can't be afraid of playing games every 3 days. All the top clubs are in the same position as us. Anyway it's only Crystal Palace and their form hasn't been great either- DLLLW in their last 5 games. No reason why we can't defeat them at home. The players and the fans alike need to have a winning mentality and some belief. I've certainly become an optimist; top 4 and a trophy is definitely plausible for us. I love Klopp's heavy metal football and all his conferences. You can see how much of a winner the guy is and once the players have the same belief and mentality then the sky's the limit for us.
I think we'll win tomorrow but seriously can't see us keeping a clean sheet though.
Original post by Lúcio
I think we'll win tomorrow but seriously can't see us keeping a clean sheet though.

If your past predictions are anything to go by... I think higher chances are Liverpool losing!
Original post by DiceTheSlice
If your past predictions are anything to go by... I think higher chances are Liverpool losing!

Okay can all the posters in this forum PLEASE stop rekking me...
Bayern Munich is mercilessly chewing every opponent they can find. Not even half time, already 4-0 up against Stuggart.
Original post by The.Joker
I'm feeling confident about Sunday, I'm gonna go with a 2-0 win. I say this because we are buoyant under Klopp- 6 games undefeated. I understand that stat is quite misleading but recently we have started to look completely different under Klopp. The players look like they have a new lease on life and we've have been carving out chances left, right and centre. We are still in our honeymoon period with Klopp and I think it'll last a little while longer.

If we truly want to become giants in football again then we can't be afraid of playing games every 3 days. All the top clubs are in the same position as us. Anyway it's only Crystal Palace and their form hasn't been great either- DLLLW in their last 5 games. No reason why we can't defeat them at home. The players and the fans alike need to have a winning mentality and some belief. I've certainly become an optimist; top 4 and a trophy is definitely plausible for us. I love Klopp's heavy metal football and all his conferences. You can see how much of a winner the guy is and once the players have the same belief and mentality then the sky's the limit for us.

Completely agree.

Under Rafa we always played every 3/4 days and were on the whole fine.
I think it's interesting that a lot has been made of Garde having the final say at Aston Villa. It reminds me of the Rodgers/Klopp/LFC scenario.

Fair enough, it's fine for the manager to have the final say, but it's all about the flow of information within the club and how many cooks are having a say in the broth.

If the manager in question gets the final say, it's great in theory, but I wonder if the other high-profile figures at a club are merely giving them options of who to buy. Sort of like "would you like Mario Balotelli or Samuel Eto'o?" rather than "what sort of striker do you want?".

There's an old saying in business, which says that you should NOT ask somebody whether they want to buy something. You ask them if they want a red one or a blue one. That's shrewd, and I think football clubs are guilty of transcending that into the sporting market.
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Bayern Munich is mercilessly chewing every opponent they can find. Not even half time, already 4-0 up against Stuggart.

Dortmund been scoring for fun too. Won't want them in CL next season(if we make it :rolleyes:)
Original post by jam277
Dortmund been scoring for fun too. Won't want them in CL next season(if we make it :rolleyes:)

Haha. You'll make it.

Aubameyang won't be long for a La Liga move, surely? He's already done Serie A (albeit unsuccessfully) and Ligue I. I'd love him to come to the PL. He's a real striker's striker.
Original post by Mackay
Haha. You'll make it.

Aubameyang won't be long for a La Liga move, surely? He's already done Serie A (albeit unsuccessfully) and Ligue I. I'd love him to come to the PL. He's a real striker's striker.

Yeah. Could see Aubameyang at Real Madrid personally. Bale, Ronaldo and Aubameyang would be merciless, that pace would just be ridiculous. I wouldn't mind having Aubameyang at Chelsea. Arsenal should have bought him when they had the chance.
Original post by jam277
Yeah. Could see Aubameyang at Real Madrid personally. Bale, Ronaldo and Aubameyang would be merciless, that pace would just be ridiculous. I wouldn't mind having Aubameyang at Chelsea. Arsenal should have bought him when they had the chance.

I can't see Real ditching Benzema any time soon, despite the court case.

I was listening to Graham Hunter this week, and apparently Perez has a paternal relationship with Benzema akin to CR7's and Sir Alex's.
Completely agree.

Under Rafa we always played every 3/4 days and were on the whole fine.

I hated it when BR used to complain about playing in the EL on Thursdays and then league matches on the Sunday. It's not that different to playing on Wednesdays in the CL and league matches on Saturdays. The line up away at Real Madrid was disgusting to see. The players should be revelling at the prospect of playing every few days. They are being paid astronomical amounts of money to play the sport they love-they don't need to be molly cuddled and wrapped in wool. There's literally millions out there who would happily kick their own mother's head in just to play for a top club and be a professional footballer.

I'm glad Klopp is taking all the cups seriously as well as the league. I know the EL isn't the most prestigious trophy but a trophy is a trophy at the end of the day and we are hardly in a position to sniff our noses at it.

Latest