The Student Room Group

Geography coursework

Hey guys I need to be done with my data presentation by mondays lesson and I am completely stuck
1. I have no idea how to present my environmental quality survey I'm literally completely stumped
2. Could someone please list the essential data presentation methods required for a high mark ( A- A*) Thanks!
Original post by TyanaChu

1. I have no idea how to present my environmental quality survey I'm literally completely stumped

If you've done it with a bi-polar scoring system you could present the data for each aspect of environmental quality as a bar chart, or have a single bar chart with lots of different coloured bars according to each aspect. Then comment on it and describe trends.
Reply 2
Original post by glassriver
If you've done it with a bi-polar scoring system you could present the data for each aspect of environmental quality as a bar chart, or have a single bar chart with lots of different coloured bars according to each aspect. Then comment on it and describe trends.

I considered doing that but I've already used a bar chart to present data and I'd like to show my examiner that I have a variety of skills… do you have any other ideas?
thank you
I considered doing that but I've already used a bar chart to present data and I'd like to show my examiner that I have a variety of skills… do you have any other ideas?
thank you

You should be using some simple presentation skills and some complex ones. Simple ones are like bar charts, line graphs, pictograms, labelled photos etc. Complex ones are like cross sections, scatter graphs with LOBF and annotated photos. I think you've got to have 2 complex presentation skills to access the high marks but your teacher should probably be teaching you and your class these and going through them.

You also need 7 different techniques, so if you can get lots of different simple skills then you're doing well. Tables are simple presentation techniques.

By bar chart I meant more like a bi-polar graph like this one
Reply 4
You should be using some simple presentation skills and some complex ones. Simple ones are like bar charts, line graphs, pictograms, labelled photos etc. Complex ones are like cross sections, scatter graphs with LOBF and annotated photos. I think you've got to have 2 complex presentation skills to access the high marks but your teacher should probably be teaching you and your class these and going through them.

You also need 7 different techniques, so if you can get lots of different simple skills then you're doing well. Tables are simple presentation techniques.

By bar chart I meant more like a bi-polar graph like this one

thank you so much our teacher hasn't really told us anything about that!
do you know what sort of website i can use to make a bi polar graph?
thank you so much our teacher hasn't really told us anything about that!
do you know what sort of website i can use to make a bi polar graph?

I don't actually know of any websites but you can just use Excel by just using the creating-a-bar-chart tool thingy.

This is an example.
Reply 6
I don't actually know of any websites but you can just use Excel by just using the creating-a-bar-chart tool thingy.

This is an example.

Thank you you're awesome!

Quick Reply

Latest