The Student Room Group

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by demx9
it's a joke

some jokes are not meant to happen especially when people are actually having serious debates, it can be taken in a very offensive manner
Reply 161
Original post by Treblebee
Hey, I have a Q...
As a Christian, I was wondering why you believe that Jesus didn't die and be resurrected? I mean, wasn't that the whole point of coming among us?
Thx in advance:smile:

As Muslims we believe he wasn't crucified and that he was raised to heaven instead. We believe he came as the messenger of God and not as the son of God. The reason was to spread Islam not to pay for our sins.
Reply 162
Original post by Anna_S
having serious debates

Fair enough,

OP @TAREQ003 do you support the killing by stoning of adulterers and apostates, as you should according to a fellow Muslim, as specified here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3340279&page=363&highlight=&p=59964159#post59964159
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dose of fury
Alisha, what do you say about Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him)? Do you say he's God, or was he sent by God?

I believe that Jesus(pbuh) is a prophet of God, and he was resurrected by God (Allah). What about you?
Reply 164
Yes, but what about the significance of the crucifixion? Surely God(or Allah, if you want to call Him that:wink:), who plans everything, meant it for a purpose? Plus, you haven't answered my question as to why Jesus came among us in the first place. If it was just to teach us, couldn't He do it through prophets?
I'm sorry if that sounded aggressive; it wasn't meant, only I'm very curious:smile:

Jesus came among us to spread Islam as the messenger of God. They were many other prophets and Jesus was the prophet at that time
Reply 165

EDIT: I mean, there are a lot of things that Muslims believe (at least, in my take on things:tongue:)...

Im interested to know the answer to some of these questions
What are those things and what do you mean?
Why are there so many contradictions within Christianity such as different stories of the Crucifixion?
Why is the Crucixion so important and the cross is even the symbol of the religion, isn't it more important to you to spread the message of Christanity?
(edited 8 years ago)
Are you a jihadist? and what are your opinions on jihadism?
Original post by MJlover
That is cos I really don't understand this part of your question

How would these women know he was going to die, I thought it was known to his companions that Allah would save him, therefore he wouldn't die, and thus there was no need for that tradition of rubbing ointment into the dead?

Sorry, I think it's bc I was coming at it from the Christian side of things; let me explain...
The way we understand it, Jesus told his friends and companions that he was going to die, although they didn't fully understand what he was going on about. Then, when Jesus was arrested etc., His disciples (being human, and therefore succumbing to the faults of human nature) panicked and fled, and then went into hiding. After Jesus was crucified (at which point the sky went dark and the temple curtains split in two), he was taken down and laid in a tomb. The next day was the Sabbath, so nothing could be done, but the day after that, the women came with ointment to the tomb, where they discovered that Jesus' body was missing, and an angle told them that He was risen. (And btw, since God is all-powerful, I don't see why he has to remove Jesus at the prospect of death, instead of allowing Him to die, and then performing the much more amazing miracle of raising Him from the dead.) Then, a couple of disciples, hearing the tale of the women, went to take a look at the tomb themselves, and reported the same wonderful news to the others, but they didn't believe it. Then, a short while after that, Jesus appeared to them, and spoke to them, and they believed. He appeared to them on various other occasions, giving them instructions about what to do after He left them. Then, He departed to Heaven, and the disciples did what Jesus had told them, and the news spread.
That's basically what we believe; do you think you can answer the Q now?:smile:
Reply 168
Original post by PartynRevise
Are you a jihadist? and what are your opinions on jihadism?

Hey, we don't want racism here
What do you think of liberalism?
Original post by alishba-rosex
I believe that Jesus(pbuh) is a prophet of God, and he was resurrected by God (Allah). What about you?

Same. I thought you wasn't Muslim so i asked that question.
Original post by Dose of fury
Same. I thought you wasn't Muslim so i asked that question.

No I am a Muslim :smile: And I presume you are too?
Original post by alishba-rosex
No I am a Muslim :smile: And I presume you are too?

Alhamdulil'Allah.
Original post by YA98
You still haven't provided evidence for this claim which is false. Ask any Imam and you will be told dating is haraam. If you don't believe me then you can check the link below
http://islamqa.info/en/1114

Well lets look at the link you gave me and the verses he quotes.

1. 4:25

"Wed them with the permission of their own folk and give them their mahr (dowry) according to what is reasonable; they should be chaste, not adulterous, nor taking boyfriends"

Actually if you take the sahih international translation of this verse it reads:

"[They should be] chaste, neither [of] those who commit unlawful intercourse randomly nor those who take [secret] lovers."

What this means is that they should not marry women who are promiscuous. It doesn't mean 'you can't have a relationship'.

2. 5:5

“(Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due mahr (bridal money given by the husband to the wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e., taking them in legal wedlock), not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends."

sahih international translation of this verse reads:

"This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers."

So again this is the exact same thing as last time, the Qur'an is talking about not marrying men who have secret lovers.

He also manages to replace lovers with 'boyfriends' or 'girlfriends', which is not the accurate translation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
What he said is false. The reason why everyone else says it's haram is because it is actually haram.

Can you please give me evidence of why it is haram?
Original post by MJlover
well a Prophet's body doesn't decay so I don't agree

Nonsense, all bodies decay. Corpses may become naturally preserved due to certain conditions, such as extreme cold and dry heat, but there's no magical mechanism by which prophets' bodies stop decaying.

If there were evidence for this it would be easy enough to provide and have everyone convert to Islam.

Original post by MJlover
But Allah raised Jesus to himself before they could crucify him, so how could they have his body?

More rubbish and lies made up by Muhammad and others. It's preposterous to think that scriptures written more than 600 years after Jesus died are more accurate than ones written much closer to his lifetime. There are no contemporary accounts of a switch and this would have been noticed by the many people witnessing his crucifixion.
Sorry, I think it's bc I was coming at it from the Christian side of things; let me explain...
The way we understand it, Jesus told his friends and companions that he was going to die, although they didn't fully understand what he was going on about. Then, when Jesus was arrested etc., His disciples (being human, and therefore succumbing to the faults of human nature) panicked and fled, and then went into hiding. After Jesus was crucified (at which point the sky went dark and the temple curtains split in two), he was taken down and laid in a tomb. The next day was the Sabbath, so nothing could be done, but the day after that, the women came with ointment to the tomb, where they discovered that Jesus' body was missing, and an angle told them that He was risen. (And btw, since God is all-powerful, I don't see why he has to remove Jesus at the prospect of death, instead of allowing Him to die, and then performing the much more amazing miracle of raising Him from the dead.) Then, a couple of disciples, hearing the tale of the women, went to take a look at the tomb themselves, and reported the same wonderful news to the others, but they didn't believe it. Then, a short while after that, Jesus appeared to them, and spoke to them, and they believed. He appeared to them on various other occasions, giving them instructions about what to do after He left them. Then, He departed to Heaven, and the disciples did what Jesus had told them, and the news spread.
That's basically what we believe; do you think you can answer the Q now?:smile:

Allah didn't allow Abraham die at the hands of the unbelievers, I don't know if this is mentioned in the bible, but Allah commanded that the fire be cool for Abraham after the disbelievers threw him in it.

I believe that Allah removed him from the prospect of being killed and humiliated because the Lord loved Jesus and didn't abandon him, The fact that he raised him to the heavens and that he will return to us alive is a miracle itself.
Allah saved him from their wicked plot cos He loved him.
Reply 177
Original post by TheCondor
Well lets look at the link you gave me and the verses he quotes.

1. 4:25

"Wed them with the permission of their own folk and give them their mahr (dowry) according to what is reasonable; they should be chaste, not adulterous, nor taking boyfriends"

Actually if you take the sahih international translation of this verse it reads:

"[They should be] chaste, neither [of] those who commit unlawful intercourse randomly nor those who take [secret] lovers."

What this means is that they should not marry women who are promiscuous. It doesn't mean 'you can't have a relationship'.

2. 5:5

“(Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due mahr (bridal money given by the husband to the wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e., taking them in legal wedlock), not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends."

sahih international translation of this verse reads:

"This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers."

So again this is the exact same thing as last time, the Qur'an is talking about not marrying men who have secret lovers.

He also manages to replace lovers with 'boyfriends' or 'girlfriends', which is not the accurate translation.

Are you Muslim? If you are then you are mistaken and you should go see an Imam who can explain this to you in person. Of course changes were made to make it easier to understand and if you don't think that is right you can ask on the site and they will answer you.

Seems to me the evidence is there but you just don't want to accept the fact that dating is haraam in Islam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Nonsense, all bodies decay. Corpses may become naturally preserved due to certain conditions, such as extreme cold and dry heat, but there's no magical mechanism by which prophets' bodies stop decaying.

If there were evidence for this it would be easy enough to provide and have everyone convert to Islam.

More rubbish and lies made up by Muhammad and others. It's preposterous to think that scriptures written more than 600 years after Jesus died are more accurate than ones written much closer to his lifetime. There are no contemporary accounts of a switch and this would have been noticed by the many people witnessing his crucifixion.

Are you a Christian? why is it hard for you to believe that Allah (God) can't preserve the bodies of Prophets, for the respect of them and to keep them from degradation?
Original post by MJlover
Are you a Christian? why is it hard for you to believe that Allah (God) can't preserve the bodies of Prophets, for the respect of them and to keep them from degradation?

I'm not Christian. It's not hard to believe, if God exists then he'd obviously be able to do this, just as he'd be able to make pigs fly. It's not a question of what God can do, but what there's actually evidence for.

It would be very easy for muslims to get bodies of prophets and display them round the world in completely normal conditions to prove that Allah did it and everyone would convert to Islam...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending