The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything positive from Kings? I didn't get a rejection (yet), but I haven't heard about interview either.
#nerves
Original post by Alexdaman93
Has anyone heard anything positive from Kings? I didn't get a rejection (yet), but I haven't heard about interview either.
#nerves

I think they have a hard cutoff of the top 25%, then they select interviews out of that, so could be a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
got an interview at Bristol!
Original post by elizabethrbt

Well done! Good luck! :smile:

congratulations!!

I haven't heard from kings either but I feel like that's a good thing

Congratulations! Good luck :biggrin:

Congrats 😃😃😃😃
Reply 3247
Original post by ninalouise258
Got a message from King's saying they haven't received my ukcat. I put in the track PID on Pearson Vue before the deadline. They said it could be because I put a middle name on Pearson Vue and didn't on UCAS. Sigh, just extra stress. I've emailed all of my choices with a scan of my results as a resolution.

Hope everyone else is ok and not letting the stress get to them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really weird! Surely that's why they link through your PID to ukcat!? If not then I'm in the same boat. My middle name is on my ukcat account but not on ucas! Ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B1525
That's really weird! Surely that's why they link through your PID to ukcat!? If not then I'm in the same boat. My middle name is on my ukcat account but not on ucas! Ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you use your "apply" number instead of "track"? Anyone who uses UCAS more than once reverts back to their original number once the application is finished, you get a fresh apply number for each cycle but it's just the one track. Pearson had said that they have safeguards in place to help prevent situations like yours though :frown:

I hope that it's resolved quickly.

Also Congrats to Elizabethrbt for the interview at Bristol, go nail it.
The number of medicine applicants this year is slightly down from last year.

https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/mr_october_151015_medicine.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from queen mary ? 5 year graduate that is
Original post by bruhbruhbruh
Anyone heard back from queen mary ? 5 year graduate that is

All I got is a confirmation email and access to MYSIS.

Hey! Massive congratulations on your interview - hope you nail it! I also applied to Bristol but I haven't heard anything yet. How and when did they tell you about the interview? :smile:
Original post by 06moca1
All I got is a confirmation email and access to MYSIS.

I've checked MySIS approximately eight times a day since they emailed the link, despite KNOWING there'll be nothing yet... :colondollar:
Original post by LilithSternin
I've checked MySIS approximately eight times a day since they emailed the link, despite KNOWING there'll be nothing yet... :colondollar:

I think it's better to just check your email rather than MYSIS.
Original post by 06moca1
I think it's better to just check your email rather than MYSIS.

I completely agree! I just obsess and worry I've missed something.
Original post by LilithSternin
I completely agree! I just obsess and worry I've missed something.

You shouldn't worry. You should be acing your exams and preparing for interviews.
Original post by 06moca1
You shouldn't worry. You should be acing your exams and preparing for interviews.

I'm naturally a worrier, worry and a fear of failure motivates me. Fingers crossed for interview invites!
I can't believe King's are already sending out their decisions - its all becoming way too real now!! Good luck with your interview in Bristol @elizabethrbt!!!

I think I'm either going to have a really depressing Christmas or a really great one!!
Original post by nature_elf
Hey! Massive congratulations on your interview - hope you nail it! I also applied to Bristol but I haven't heard anything yet. How and when did they tell you about the interview? :smile:

just by email ! said invitation to interview and i had to register for a slot on either 8th or 9th of december :smile: the email came at midnight on friday night and my track hasn't updated yet so maybe it will tomorrow. Thanks so much I hope you also get one and good luck for your application xx

Quick Reply

Latest