Yo! Thanks for making this thread, I too have been looking for it XD
I've applied to UCL, Imperial, Cambridge and Bristol :smile:

My choices are the same :smile: Good luck! :h:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by ForeverDay
Just out of interest, did you bother sitting the UKCAT then?

And I'm really pleased this thread has been made, I'd looked for one before and not found it. :biggrin:

UCL was an extremely last minute choice for me (as in, the night before submitting my form I didn't have a 4th choice and I hadn't even looked at UCL since I didn't want to apply to more than 1 BMAT uni and then my mom suggested it and it seemed to fit my stats pretty well and be a pretty great uni/course and I just went for it... so, yeah) I just really hope with BMAT that the holistic thing is not a joke because wow it did not go super great. (Also, if I somehow managed to get in I would have to take the language modules as I don't have one at GCSE which is also slightly worrying me)

Yeah I did lool :s-smilie:
The language course sounds intense :')
The holistic thing is really good, it's a fairer system
Reply 22
Original post by Elatadi
My choices are the same :smile: Good luck! :h:

You too!! What college did you apply to? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Azula
You too!! What college did you apply to? :smile:

Thank you! I was allocated to Robinson :smile: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Elatadi
Thank you! I was allocated to Robinson :smile: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose Peterhouse :smile:
Original post by Azula
Na, I just applied to the unis I liked the most :tongue:
I can't really tell how it went, hoping it was ok :smile: What about you??

Didn't go well at all to be honest, especially section 1. But I can't do anything to change that now so I'm just chilling. :smile:
Original post by Azula
Yeah I did lool :s-smilie:
The language course sounds intense :')
The holistic thing is really good, it's a fairer system

Ah, that must be annoying to not even use the test.
Yeah, that's why I'm worried about it. Ah, well, it's not like I've even got an interview yet.
Fingers crossed that they won't be too harsh with the BMAT...
Reply 27
Original post by Azula

Hey! I'm applying to med too! What UMS did you get in your AS subjects??
Quick question, what do UCL mean by a contrasting subject? Could anyone possible give me a short list of examples please?
Reply 29
Original post by sen98
Hey! I'm applying to med too! What UMS did you get in your AS subjects??

I'll PM you
Original post by TianaEsther
Quick question, what do UCL mean by a contrasting subject? Could anyone possible give me a short list of examples please?

It just means a subject different from the compulsory science subjects. I imagine anything but General Studies and Critical Thinking that isn't science-related would count. So it would be things like history, geography, computing, economics and so on. :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Azula

That's very nice, too! :smile: fingers crossed :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
It just means a subject different from the compulsory science subjects. I imagine anything but General Studies and Critical Thinking that isn't science-related would count. So it would be things like history, geography, computing, economics and so on. :smile:

Ahh okay that makes sense, thank you!
Reply 33
Has anyone been asked to provide more details of their work experience?
Original post by MGM

Not yet and hoping not to be asked either because I didn't get proper reference letters. :s-smilie: I could still get them but it would be embarrassing emailing them after all this time asking for a letter. I think they do a sample of applicants each year and probably don't do it unless you get invited to interview. I mean, why would they care whether somebody they're rejecting anyway has done the work experience they've claimed to have done? :dontknow:
Original post by MGM

I have, but looking on last year's applicant thread it looks like they just do spot checking of random applicants.
Does anyone know of unis who have already started to give out interview invites for medicine?

I know Leicester have...
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Does anyone know of unis who have already started to give out interview invites for medicine?

I know Leicester have...

Bristol and aberdeen
Reply 38

I know Leicester have...

I've got one from Newcastle, but none of my other med choices (Glasgow, Bristol and UCL)

I know Leicester have...

Of my choices, Bristol and Cardiff have recently invited people to interview, according to the people on the applicants' threads for those schools. I haven't got one. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending