The Student Room Group

Warwick or Nottingham

I've always been torn between going to warwick or nottingham uni for a history degree.
Warwick has offered me AAA entry but nottingham has offered me an unconditional offer. I dont know what i should do because i loved both but warwick has the better 'status' and academic rankings compared to nottingham. But taking the unconditional is so much less pressure

Any advice?
Visit them
Original post by llanber
I've always been torn between going to warwick or nottingham uni for a history degree.
Warwick has offered me AAA entry but nottingham has offered me an unconditional offer. I dont know what i should do because i loved both but warwick has the better 'status' and academic rankings compared to nottingham. But taking the unconditional is so much less pressure

Any advice?

How likely do you think achieving the AAA offer is?
Original post by llanber

Any advice?

Is the unconditional baed on you firming Nottingham?

Original post by Lucasium

This. You have half your A2 grade in the bank inthe form of AS marks. What grades/UMS did you achieve?

And in general, which of the two courses do you prefer???
Reply 4
Original post by Trevormacdonald
Visit them

been to both and loved them equally, though i was worried about warwick being in a dead location if that makes sense
Reply 5
Original post by Lucasium

i want to do history and I got the mark to get an A in AS so im worried about that
Reply 6
Original post by llanber

Any advice?

Can you not just firm Warwick and put Notts as insurance?
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
Is the unconditional baed on you firming Nottingham?

This. You have half your A2 grade in the bank inthe form of AS marks. What grades/UMS did you achieve?

And in general, which of the two courses do you prefer???

I got 4 As : geography 182/200
english 170/200 (im guestimating here i cant remember but it was around 85%)
history 160/200
biology 245/300 (Dropped this)
Original post by llanber

Any advice?

When did you receive your offers? I have applied to both and haven't had an offer yet
Reply 9
Original post by harrietw1
When did you receive your offers? I have applied to both and haven't had an offer yet

ucas got sent off 20th october got an offer from warwick next day and offer from nottingham 30th
Reply 10
Original post by MAINE.
Can you not just firm Warwick and put Notts as insurance?

if i put Nottingham as insurance its not unconditional
Original post by llanber
if i put Nottingham as insurance its not unconditional

Think about where you can actually see yourself for 3+ years, look carefully at modules etc and make the best decision for you, regardless of whether it is conditional or unconditional. If you put Notts as insurance, what grade is required in case you missed the grades for Warwick? Think about all of that. Of course the studies are most important but both unis are brilliant, look at whole environment, affordability of area (especially after 1st year in halls), night life possibly (Warwick looks dull but Coventry is nearby and leamington spa)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending