The Student Room Group

A level choices?

I have to pick my a levels soon, and was wondering what would be best.
I want to be either a psychologist or an animator/illusrator, but keep my options open.
Which combinations would be best?
Reply 1
Original post by Mel79
I have to pick my a levels soon, and was wondering what would be best.
I want to be either a psychologist or an animator/illusrator, but keep my options open.
Which combinations would be best?

ahh I'm the exact same with those career options! I do history of art, art, psychology and italian if thats any help
Well if you want to do psychology you probably want to have biology and chemistry as two of your options, and then for animator/illustrator, art is obviously another choice. If you want to do four AS/Year 1 subjects, then maybe either a language or history/English lit?
Reply 3
Original post by maddyg
ahh I'm the exact same with those career options! I do history of art, art, psychology and italian if thats any help

Thank you!
I didn't do GCSE art, could I still do it for a level or would moving image arts/media studies be better?
Reply 4
Original post by roarchika
Well if you want to do psychology you probably want to have biology and chemistry as two of your options, and then for animator/illustrator, art is obviously another choice. If you want to do four AS/Year 1 subjects, then maybe either a language or history/English lit?

Would psychology A level be ok instead of science?
I was thinking of maybe doing maths, as its more likely l'Il get a better grade
Original post by Mel79
Would psychology A level be ok instead of science?
I was thinking of maybe doing maths, as its more likely l'Il get a better grade

I looked at Birmingham's entry requirements (don't know what uni you want to go to so I tried to go for a generic one?), and they say 'Our typical A level offer is AAB for applicants taking at least one of the following subjects: Biology/Human Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics or Psychology. The typical offer for students who are not taking any of these subjects is AAA. Grade C in each of GCSE English and Maths', so it looks like psychology would be okay, and maths is always a good a level to take!
Reply 6
Original post by roarchika
I looked at Birmingham's entry requirements (don't know what uni you want to go to so I tried to go for a generic one?), and they say 'Our typical A level offer is AAB for applicants taking at least one of the following subjects: Biology/Human Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics or Psychology. The typical offer for students who are not taking any of these subjects is AAA. Grade C in each of GCSE English and Maths', so it looks like psychology would be okay, and maths is always a good a level to take!

Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest