The Student Room Group

Should I feel stupid for this happening with boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
This is how easy it should be isnt it. I text him at 12 saying i was going round he text back 'its ok, ive gone to bed now'.

You should have just given him a surprise visit, that might have cheered him up! Oh well, text him saying 'I'm missing you, when can I come by?'.
Original post by Zacken
You should have just given him a surprise visit, that might have cheered him up! Oh well, text him saying 'I'm missing you, when can I come by?'.

I sent a text saying i was comming to visit then set out in my car but then I got a text off him saying it was ok he was in bed (so he didnt want me to visit). So i turned round and came back home.

Anyway ive just rang him (5 hours later) but he's not answering.
I sent a text saying i was comming to visit then set out in my car but then I got a text off him saying it was ok he was in bed (so he didnt want me to visit). So i turned round and came back home.

Anyway ive just rang him (5 hours later) but he's not answering.

Out of interest, would you treat anyone like he is treating you? If he was treating your best friend like that, what advice would you give her? Would you tell her she asked for it? No, because it's not deserved. You're not his servant and you don't have a crystal ball. There's no call for his treatment of you.
Reply 23
Is it too difficult to keep your phone nearby?

He had surgery. He wanted you to be there. Did you say you were sorry that you weren't?

The longer you take to apologise, the more you will have to do for him to make him feel good again, especially if you've been unreliable in the past. Offer to make a nice meal for him or something similar.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Boyfriend had surgery yesterday on his arm muscle, I was meant to be picking him up today (about a 30- 40 min drive away) and looking after him since he has no family around who can help. She said he would be speaking to the consultant at 10am then would ring or text. I've been downstairs having my breakfast my phone was upstairs in my room at it wasn't 10am yet. At 9.40 then saw a text that was sent at 9.21 saying that I could pick him him when I'm ready and a missed call. I rang him and said I was comming now I've only just got the text and he said 'uhh never mind I'll get the bus' I said 'I'll come up' he said 'no forget it I'll get the bus, ok bye' abruptly. He doesn't drive and in the past says I need to be more on the ball with things so he's probably short tempered as he thinks it relates to this.

omg you were told 10am it's not your fault? also who is he to be angry and complain when he wants to be babied around? ok so he has no family around him... so? expects you to carry him around and come to him ASPA like you have your own needs and life too? idk he sounds like a mess but that's just what I feel
well an update, because he was ignoring me I sent him a text yesterday evening just saying if he needed me to get anything for him (since he will only have one arm in use probably) then to let me know. It's been a day and he's not replied. He's done it before ignored me then apologised after.
Well he is still ignoring me, ive sent 2 texts since asking if he is ok and tried to call but nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending