The Student Room Group

Just got kicked out of the house

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pineneedles
Nobody needs to buy clothes on a monthly basis, that's just bananas. Twice a year, once during the colder months and once during the warmer months, go through your wardrobe, remind yourself of the clothes that you have and work out what you actually need to buy. Don't buy clothes throughout the year unless you actually need something and can't wait for it.

He was moaning recently about the amount of tax he was paying. Amongst the things listed was the amount he was spending on clothes. I pointed out that he doesn't need to spend that much on clothes a month. I don't know of anyone who spends that much on clothes a year.
Original post by OU Student
He was moaning recently about the amount of tax he was paying. Amongst the things listed was the amount he was spending on clothes. I pointed out that he doesn't need to spend that much on clothes a month. I don't know of anyone who spends that much on clothes a year.

Exactly. It's crazy when there's people who don't actually have enough money to get by.
Original post by RiotGirll
It stuns me how TSR, full of so many smart people, repeatedly feeds this troll (srs)

:biggrin:
Reply 63
Original post by abruiseonthesky
After rent and all bills except internet, I'm living off roughly 40€/week atm (still waiting for that Erasmus grant!). That's for food, social life, travel (outside of Berlin, my travel within Berlin was paid as a lump sum), Internet etc. You're doing pretty well... I mean, I know I'm a student so not working and used to being poor but still.

40 is pretty decent
some people have it far worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eoe
40 is pretty decent
some people have it far worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly, that was my point - why's OP whinging about the amount he's living off if I'm comfortable on 40€ in a capital city?!
Original post by Awesome Genius
My parents visited me at my flat this morning. They were in a bad mood - or at least my mum was. They started having a go at me about my spending and stuff.

They made some ludicrous point about how I am earning so I should be paying rent even though we agreed I was keeping their flat safe for them.

And then the unthinkable happened - they effectively kicked me out of the house. They are demanding that I pay £480 a month to live in their flat.

Just don't know what to think right now, feeling kinda numb.

Well you should not be reliant on other people to help you through life (it's a matter of dignity).

A self-sufficient person commands more respect than any other.
Yeah exactly, that was my point - why's OP whinging about the amount he's living off if I'm comfortable on 40€ in a capital city?!

Pizza gives me more happiness than a ferrari.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Pizza gives me more happiness than a ferrari.

Who needs a flat when you have a BMW on finance eh?
Original post by Most Competitive
Well you should not be reliant on other people to help you through life (it's a matter of dignity).

A self-sufficient person commands more respect than any other.

You parents bought you a 100k car lmao so shh.
Who needs a flat when you have a BMW on finance eh?

Funny thing is a flash car is more likely to get girls than a paid off flat :frown:

Welcome to 2015!
Funny thing is a flash car is more likely to get girls than a paid off flat :frown:

Welcome to 2015!

Not for me :tongue:
Not for me :tongue:

Well i have a paid off house and a normal car are you available for a date some time next week? :tongue:
Original post by Awesome Genius
My parents visited me at my flat this morning. They were in a bad mood - or at least my mum was. They started having a go at me about my spending and stuff.

They made some ludicrous point about how I am earning so I should be paying rent even though we agreed I was keeping their flat safe for them.

And then the unthinkable happened - they effectively kicked me out of the house. They are demanding that I pay £480 a month to live in their flat.

Just don't know what to think right now, feeling kinda numb.

Seriously, you earn a lot more than the average Briton and possibly most of the users on this site. You posted a while back asking which colour BMW you should get like a pretentious **** and now you're moaning about having to pay rent LIKE A NORMAL human being.

Shut up and get over it you whiny b****
Reply 73
what do your friends think of your situation?
Well i have a paid off house and a normal car are you available for a date some time next week? :tongue:

Hey if I weren't in Germany why not :tongue:
Original post by eoe
How can parents kick their own son/daughter out of the house.

Gora Parents, I guess

I've known more asian parents do it (and/or threaten it) than white parents, tbf.

Always about minor things too; 90% of the time it's cos of a white bf/gf.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
More like Muslim parents

Oh look, another idiot
Hey if I weren't in Germany why not :tongue:

I will hold you to it :wink:

P.S she would of jumped in the car by now, sigh. *opens brochure for cars*
Reply 78
Original post by e aí rapaz
I've known more asian parents do it (and/or threaten it) than white parents, tbf.

Always about minor things too; 90% of the time it's cos of a white bf/gf.

Asian parents threaten to do it, but they never actually do it
AND if they do it then do it on serious topics. Kicking your son out beccause he is paying rent? No way

Maa Ka Pyar is something that we Desi can enjoy
I will hold you to it :wink:

P.S she would of jumped in the car by now, sigh. *opens brochure for cars*

This whole Erasmus thing is a right pain :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending