The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4340
Just 2 quick questions:
I am applying for PPE at Univ, and I was wondering when they would give me an answer for the interviews?
Also, how did the TSA go for most people? I fell like I had around 30/50...
Original post by SGrice
Oh my word I have the exact same problem! Can anyone help us out? (I'm applying to Somerville too— for English and French though. I haven't seen a lot of other Somerville applicants so it's nice to meet you!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I haven't met anyone else applying to Somerville yet, so it's nice to meet you too! Hopefully we'll both get interviews

I just submitted another essay in the end because didn't want to risk it.
Anyone else being scarily last minute like me? I haven't sent my written work yet and I'm a little worried..
Original post by LamantChenille
Anyone else being scarily last minute like me? I haven't sent my written work yet and I'm a little worried..

Same here, I'm getting the cover sheets signed on monday and sending it in the evening... I still have to finish translating part of one essay as it's all in French, which is a pain really
I'm an international student and is applying for Keble.They asked me to reply to them whether I'll be flying there for my interview or prefer Skype interview.They gave me a link in the email on guide for interviews.But how should I let them know where I want to be interviewed?Just reply their email?
Original post by SGrice
Oh my word I have the exact same problem! Can anyone help us out? (I'm applying to Somerville too— for English and French though. I haven't seen a lot of other Somerville applicants so it's nice to meet you!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm applying for English at Somerville too :biggrin: I had the same issue (it's my A2 coursework first draft which will be 3000 words eventually) so I just cut out a paragraph leaving it about 100 words over. Got round that obstacle by saying it was 1956 words excluding title and quotes! Idk if that's legit but I'm giving it a go :P Good luck with your applications :smile:
Original post by sebklaine
how do people think their LNAT went? I thought mine was okay and I finished with time to spare, but I find it crazy how 30/42 is seen as a good score. I thought I made like three mistakes max, and I'm no genius. Why is it so hard for everyone and am I just severely delusional? lol

Hahaha, well I do hope for you you got 39 points!
Personally, I realised when I was doing practice tests that the questions I'd get wrong would all be on the same 3 or 4 texts. Different people get different texts, which means you're either lucky and understand them all, or there's a few you don't love... So perhaps you were not delusional but merely lucky :P
But I have to agree with other people, the LNAT is much trickier than it seems. For a lot of questions, more than one answer would be correct, but they want the one that's "most correct", or most precise. Also, the thought process that goes into eliminating answers isn't accounted for: you may have discarded 3 wrong choices then hesitated between the right answer and a wrong answer for all the questions, but if you chose the wrong answer you lose the point and the whole eliminating process and "showing off you critical mind" goes down the drain.
It's not a knowledge test, and it's a hard test, so I think the universities acknowledge that, since a score of 25+ is very good and 30+ is extremely good.
If this were a simple knowledge test, anything less than 35 would probably be considered bad by Oxford standards, because all that would be required would be to memorise material. Here, it's all about logical reasoning and on the spot thinking. Get the difference?
Any Harris Manchester applicants here? hmu =)
Original post by claudiar99
Ah I haven't met anyone else applying to Somerville yet, so it's nice to meet you too! Hopefully we'll both get interviews

I just submitted another essay in the end because didn't want to risk it.

Applied to Somerville for PPE! Hope we all get interviews, best of luck:smile:
Original post by LegalUnd
Anyone for Worcester college?

Me! :wavey: What course?
Original post by Ibuwc
Just 2 quick questions:
I am applying for PPE at Univ, and I was wondering when they would give me an answer for the interviews?
Also, how did the TSA go for most people? I fell like I had around 30/50...

You'll hear back by November 30.. so probably November 29 or November 30 lol. I thought the TSA was difficult. I already know I got 2 incorrect and I guessed on 3 more which i'm unsure on sooo who knows.

Yep ^-^

I am. I've yet to decide which one I want to send! Luckily, my teacher said she'd mark both and send them to me, that way, I can decide last minute and send it as well. Although I'm really hoping that doesn't happen!
Original post by Ashtwe
I am. I've yet to decide which one I want to send! Luckily, my teacher said she'd mark both and send them to me, that way, I can decide last minute and send it as well. Although I'm really hoping that doesn't happen!

Haven't sent mine either...As long as its before 6 on Wednesday it'll be fineeee
Reply 4354
Original post by connieiscrazy
Has anyone applied to Balliol?

Yeah for maths! Haven't seen any other Balliol applicants. What course are you applying for?

I just got a call from my French teacher saying that she didn't feel like what I'd asked her to correct was alright. It's 11 pm and I'm writing another essay on a different topic.

Original post by mazzaion
Same here, I'm getting the cover sheets signed on monday and sending it in the evening... I still have to finish translating part of one essay as it's all in French, which is a pain really

T'es français ? :biggrin:
What are you applying for ?
Reply 4356

Worcester biochem applicant here! What are you applying for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cakeislife
Haven't sent mine either...As long as its before 6 on Wednesday it'll be fineeee

It's noon on Tuesday isn't it?!?
Original post by Imaanc
Yeah for maths! Haven't seen any other Balliol applicants. What course are you applying for?

Law :smile: What admissions tests do you have to do?
which email address did merton applicants send their written work to?

Latest

Trending

Trending