The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone I've just got a start date from the Dfe as 16th of November.
The induction is estimated to be 7&8th january
I've been waiting a week and a half now and nothing :frown:

And the start date is that soon? Do you not have a notice period where you currently work?
Original post by Owen Freeman
I've been waiting a week and a half now and nothing :frown:

And the start date is that soon? Do you not have a notice period where you currently work?

Well I think it's 3-4 weeks since I was actually posted and no after my summer job I opted not to get anything else as i thought I'd be doing something else by September guess I didn't predict this though haha
So anyway I'm immediate start availability.
Reply 2143
Has anyone in HMRC heard anything from the department or had any updates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Messaged you.

Original post by sunshine7863
H
Hi all....just a quick update. ..starting my apprenticeship on monday with MoJ in Birmingham as administration officer. Took a good 5 months to sort out. For those of you interested salary is £18000+ so thats really good. I assume all those outside of London in business admin will have same pay scale but you have to bear in mind that they do deduct tax NI and pension!! Anybody else based in Birmingham? Would be great to see you!
Reply 2145
did anyone else in the DfE get an email saying there was a delay in team allocation? or have most people been allocated now? wanted to ideally start this month but looking less and less likely with the need for background checks still
Reply 2146
Original post by hollyr_
Hello everyone I've just got a start date from the Dfe as 16th of November.
The induction is estimated to be 7&8th january

please tell me that you meant to put november and not january?:s-smilie: cant afford to wait till january to start haha
Original post by Lat234
please tell me that you meant to put november and not january?:s-smilie: cant afford to wait till january to start haha

Yes my start date is 16th November dfe Sheffield
How long did it take everybody to hear from their department lead after being told they had been successful?
Original post by Laureneg
How long did it take everybody to hear from their department lead after being told they had been successful?

Hi there!

I was told back in June that I had been successful, I was told roughly a week later that I'll be based in Milton Keynes, then several weeks later in August they asked me if I'd like to switch to London (someone had requested to go in Milton Keynes) I happily accepted. But it's November now and I still haven't started. There's been a few issues with travel arrangements. But don't worry, they won't forget about you, it just takes time you get everything organised before contacting you again. If you do have any doubts you can contact them yourself.

All the best!
Hey, I got offered a position about 3 weeks ago now. Told them I would be on holiday this week and next so would be difficult to contact. To which I was then told I would be reached from my department before my holiday...needless to say I haven't. Think there is a quite a few of us in the same boat. I guess all we can do is sit patiently and wait, which I'm sure most of us are use to going through this recruitment.

Original post by Laureneg
Original post by richwillturner
Hey, I got offered a position about 3 weeks ago now. Told them I would be on holiday this week and next so would be difficult to contact. To which I was then told I would be reached from my department before my holiday...needless to say I haven't. Think there is a quite a few of us in the same boat. I guess all we can do is sit patiently and wait, which I'm sure most of us are use to going through this recruitment.

My lead got in touch on Thursday and explained about my role etc hold tight once you get a start date it will start coming together
Jeez I am wanting to apply for next year as i only found about it recently but it sounds like they've made a massive mess of organising it!

Are all the people doing business admin enjoying it?/ is it worth it or is it boring as hell?

Would you say its better than going to uni?

Is anyone going to apply for the Graduate scheme and are your chances limited because you took the apprenticeship rather than a degree??
Reply 2153
Original post by donte
Jeez I am wanting to apply for next year as i only found about it recently but it sounds like they've made a massive mess of organising it!

Are all the people doing business admin enjoying it?/ is it worth it or is it boring as hell?

Would you say its better than going to uni?

Is anyone going to apply for the Graduate scheme and are your chances limited because you took the apprenticeship rather than a degree??

If you want to apply you better be ready to wait a long time! but the opportunity is pretty good and depends what you would do at univeristy to whether or not its better. If you want to be a lawyer obviously not a good idea but if you wanted to work in the public sector, with business implications then its great.

I havent actually started my business admin position but it sounds pretty good and certainly helps to have your foot in the door, as you can apply for the grad programme but some are restricted to only those who have relevant degree. hope that helps
Original post by Lat234
If you want to apply you better be ready to wait a long time! but the opportunity is pretty good and depends what you would do at univeristy to whether or not its better. If you want to be a lawyer obviously not a good idea but if you wanted to work in the public sector, with business implications then its great.

I havent actually started my business admin position but it sounds pretty good and certainly helps to have your foot in the door, as you can apply for the grad programme but some are restricted to only those who have relevant degree. hope that helps

Im shocked youre still waiting!!! I'm going to do a business type subject at uni so its not majorly off the path im going down. At the moment I really want to work in a govt position which you can only get through fast stream, but im not sure if its worth doing a 2 yr apprenticeship vs a degree to get there.

I have emailed to ask what they prefer but i found out from this thread that theyre far too busy sorting out this years apprenticeships to bother answering questions about next years ones!!
Hi there,I was put on the reserve list being told i would hear back by the end of September regarding whether there was a position available. I'm yet to receive any contact and was just wondering if positions were still being given to the reserve list or not?! Any feedback would be much appreciated!
I've handed in all of my documentation to HMRC and I am just waiting on these pre employment checks to clear. Any idea how long this could take? Thanks for any responses.
Original post by Bails15
I've handed in all of my documentation to HMRC and I am just waiting on these pre employment checks to clear. Any idea how long this could take? Thanks for any responses.

I sent my things off today but I've been told I'm starting Monday regardless of my checks coming through
I finally finished the scheme; it's been a long two years to say the least!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Reply 2159
Original post by Diffusion
I finally finished the scheme; it's been a long two years to say the least!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

what are you going onto next? are you applying for the fast stream or moving to private sector? or just staying where you are? whats your salary and did it increase at the end of the two years? what programme was you in and was it good?

sorry for all the questions but these things just don't get answered ever

thanks in advance

Quick Reply