The Student Room Group

Whats your biggest issue youre facing atm at university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hyacinth Bucket

Spoiler

Never mind :')

Your post cracked me up though :tongue:
At the moment, it's the work load.

I'm final year and have my dissertation and other assignments to write as well as going on placement and trying to have some sort of a social life on the side. It's tricky :erm:
Reply 42
Original post by cherryred90s
I feel bad for you, but I'm glad I didn't do a foundation year because I was considering it. I hope everything works out for you x

What made you think of a foundation year in the first place? glad your not doing as your likely to meet child like pricks in the lectures

I just have to accept this and slowly become a recluse
first year and so many pharmacy students told me first year is easy ... biggest understatement of the year, drowning in work and trying to catch up lectures
always was and is motivation, even though i am now on a phd :P
I'm also a second year and I'm miserable. Have made quite a few acquaintances but no friends, nobody I can talk to about serious things they're all so immature or they just don't care, I've known since day 1 that I didn't like my course mates but stuck with them because I'm scared about being totally alone, people just wind me up.
Original post by Guest user
I'm also a second year and I'm miserable. Have made quite a few acquaintances but no friends, nobody I can talk to about serious things they're all so immature or they just don't care, I've known since day 1 that I didn't like my course mates but stuck with them because I'm scared about being totally alone, people just wind me up.

Are you me? :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Atm it's motivation ,physical energy & mental power to do anything.My brain is not functioning anymore .I am 2nd yr and this is how it has been for the whole semester :frown:.I failed one of my assignments (it doesn't count) ,got 50% in the other (it's worth 20% of the module).Must say I am disappointed .I don't know what's wrong I really don't.
Even if I do go to the library I won't get as much work done.Yesterday I was in the library from 5pm-10pm & how much did I manage to get done?.Go over 10 slides of 1 lecture & write a page of notes. Its really bad guys ,I need help!!.Second semester can't be like this or else that's 35% of my degree gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Foundation year of art..
Idk if I'm doing the right thing caz I have been sitting in the studio and looking out of window and thinking this is not what I want...
And the problem is I don't know what I exact want:/
Have you looked into starting your own society? Depends on the uni but you wont need more than 10 people to do so i recon. Have you spoken to your flatmates about the problems you ve experienced with them or see if you can swap halls with someone?
Motivation :frown: my literature review for my dissertation is due in tomorrow but I've been struggling to find the motivation to improve it based on what my supervisor said. Its odd, I always get really unmotivated when it comes to my project but revision I'm fine with :frown:
Being unmotivated and no interest in my course (health psychology) would quit but paid too much and only one year left.
Not procrastinating. Gosh, I am trying really hard, but sometimes I just cannot be bothered to do the work I'm required to do. I always hand in assignments on time, but I wouldn't have to stay up all night to do so if I just stop watching anime instead of doing my work :P
Did horrendously on a recent test.
Third year: a lecturer who lectures one thing, assesses another during coursework then writes exam questions that have nothing to do with anything we have ever learned about. Uni isn't supposed to be spoonfed, but this is like being given chopsticks to eat soup. He teaches us about trees and then examines us on coal.
Original post by saladisgreat
first year and so many pharmacy students told me first year is easy ... biggest understatement of the year, drowning in work and trying to catch up lectures

If it's an understatement then you agree that they think it's easy, except you think it's WAAAAY easier than they made out. From your comment, it appears that you think it's quite the opposite. Maybe this is why you're struggling.
Original post by GoingToBurst
Third year: a lecturer who lectures one thing, assesses another during coursework then writes exam questions that have nothing to do with anything we have ever learned about. Uni isn't supposed to be spoonfed, but this is like being given chopsticks to eat soup. He teaches us about trees and then examines us on coal.

What the hell.

I'd make a complaint to be honest, as that doesn't make any sense.
Original post by SophieSmall
What the hell.

I'd make a complaint to be honest, as that doesn't make any sense.

He has been complained about many, many times.
Original post by GoingToBurst
If it's an understatement then you agree that they think it's easy, except you think it's WAAAAY easier than they made out. From your comment, it appears that you think it's quite the opposite. Maybe this is why you're struggling.

whats your point anal ****
Original post by LibertineDream
I can't do the reading, I don't understand most of it and it takes me about 15 mins to decipher a single paragraph like the one below. I like the content of the lectures but academic writing is so complicated :frown:

"For want of an established label let me propose as the nucleus to which I giveprominence the notions of projective semantics and, derivatively, of semanticprojection. Moreover, since the expression "semantic meaning" has been utterlytrivialized, I shall say, more pointedly, semantic import. In a nutshell, the semanticimport of words entails that ( 1) what is not named largely remains unnoticed or, inany event, impervious to cognitive development; and that, (2) the naming choice(selecting a given word within a given semantic field) involves a far-reaching interpretiveprojection. All told, then, projective semantics brings to the fore both theconstraints and the pathways that any given natural language imposes upon andaffords to our perceiving, thinking, and knowing. But let us proceed orderly."

Wtf?? What course is that? Are all your books like this or is it just this one module that has a book like this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending