The Student Room Group

i just saw myself wtf?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pizzad0gs
have you watched the matrix? yeah.... good luck

you mean i'm the next Neo or... because i can't program so the luck will be needed
Sounds like you're hallucinating...
Original post by pineneedles
What you're describing sounds like what some people experience in times of great stress or anxiety. They often say that it was as if they were watching themselves from the corner of the ceiling, looking down upon themselves, just a general 'out of body', unreal sensation, as if life were a movie, and so on. I often feel this way when walking to school and I get absorbed in my own thoughts. I think the sensation is more likely to happen if you're listening to music, and you're quite prone to day dreaming.

What like the movie Fight Club?

I thought it was a movie, I didn't know it could actually happen?
Original post by Anonymous
no... but a quick google search tells me it's when you have persistent out of body experiences
that was my first so i shouldn't have to be concerned too much right? i mean - it can happen to anyone...
and afterwards i didn't feel dizzy or anything, although i do self harm and have low self esteem but that could be from anything

Yeah it's probably nothing to worry about, might just pay to keep it in mind if you start experiencing this more frequently.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Sounds like you're hallucinating...

Yeah because it would be physically impossible - like the other me wasn't physically there

weird hallucinations though :s

Original post by simbasdragon
Yeah it's probably nothing to worry about, might just pay to keep it in mind if you start experiencing this more frequently.

Will do thanks!
Original post by Ya Dunno
What like the movie Fight Club?

I thought it was a movie, I didn't know it could actually happen?

I've never seen the Fight Club, so I don't know what part of it you're talking about, sorry.
Original post by pineneedles
I've never seen the Fight Club, so I don't know what part of it you're talking about, sorry.

You should watch it, one of the best movie ever made.
were u high?
Original post by booksandcats
were u high?

nope
[video="youtube;hAAlDoAtV7Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y[/video]
Original post by TheGuyReturns
[video="youtube;hAAlDoAtV7Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y[/video]

Thanks Mr White, knew i could count on you :tongue:
Oo glitch in the matrix
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
So....I'm not the only one who has experienced astral projection...

Whut?

Original post by simbasdragon
Have you looked into depersonialisation disorders?

From OP's description it doesn't sound like it.
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Oo glitch in the matrix

pretty big one too... did the parallel universes fuse? we'll never know but it was trippy af
Yeah because it would be physically impossible - like the other me wasn't physically there

weird hallucinations though :s

Will do thanks!
Do you have any diagnosed mental illness?
Do you have any diagnosed mental illness?

nope never really went to the doctors for that kinda stuff... but i do self harm but that's not a mental illness is it? could be a symptom of one...
OP if you keep getting these flashes of seeing yourself id advise you to go see your GP. I dont think this is normal in all honesty.
nope never really went to the doctors for that kinda stuff... but i do self harm but that's not a mental illness is it? could be a symptom of one...

Yeah self harm is definitely a
mental health concern but I wouldn't think that it's anything related to this seeing yourself thing... Could be a trick of the mind but if you're concerned mention it to your GP. You should seek help for the self harm anyway.
Original post by the terminator
OP if you keep getting these flashes of seeing yourself id advise you to go see your GP. I dont think this is normal in all honesty.

Yeah that's the thing it only happened that time and has never happened before - if it happens again i'll mention it definitely but this was ... idk a weird glitch?

Yeah self harm is definitely a
mental health concern but I wouldn't think that it's anything related to this seeing yourself thing... Could be a trick of the mind but if you're concerned mention it to your GP. You should seek help for the self harm anyway.

Yeah i'm not too concerned about it - just weirded out. Self harm isn't really bad atm and i've only got scars now

Quick Reply

Latest