The Student Room Group

Hills Road grade requirements

Hello everyone! I was wondering whether my predicted grades were good enough for Hills Road. I understand that the minimum requirement are B''s, but everyone that has discussed it say you need all A's and A*. Mine are:
A* English
A* History
A* Art
A Biology
B Geography
B French
A Chemistry
B Physics
B Maths

I am extremely worried that I won't be able to get in. I want to take Classical Civilisation, Biology and one other I'm not sure of yet. Thank you for any aid regarding this.
P.s I still am awaiting my results for Chemistry, Physics, French, Geography and Maths) I used results from year 10. We did however have mini tests for which I achieved A grades in (for Physics and Chemistry) I am currently in Year 11.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Summer201
Hello everyone! I was wondering whether my predicted grades were good enough for Hills Road. I understand that the minimum requirement are B''s, but everyone that has discussed it say you need all A's and A*. Mine are:
A* English
A* History
A* Art
A Biology
B Geography
B French
A Chemistry
B Physics
B Maths

I am extremely worried that I won't be able to get in. I want to take Classical Civilisation, Biology and one other I'm not sure of yet. Thank you for any aid regarding this.
P.s I still am awaiting my results for Chemistry, Physics, French, Geography and Maths) I used results from year 10. We did however have mini tests for which I achieved A grades in (for Physics and Chemistry) I am currently in Year 11.

If everybody is saying all A's and A*'s then its unlikely you will get in, surely? Considering Hills Road is very oversubscribed, especially in recent years (due to a very high Oxbridge percentage) I think it might be a difficult. Note I am solely basing this on what - according to you - everybody 'said'.
Reply 2
They are amazing grades and you do have a very likely chance of getting in. I'm in lower sixth and I got mostly B's and A's for GCSE. Because you are wanting to do classical civilization you have a better change (it is undersubscribed).
One more tip I would give you is making your personal statement stand out.... I think that's what helped me get in the most!!
GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply

Latest