The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16

Scroll to see replies

Just curious, in terms of MED school interviews, should i expect more social/personal questions or scientific questions??
Reply 41
Original post by Bloom77
Barts is MMI
I'm not sure about Cardiff
You can look on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that Barts was a panel interview? At least that's what they said at the open day
Original post by wannabemedic1234
Just curious, in terms of MED school interviews, should i expect more social/personal questions or scientific questions??

Depends on the Med Schools where you've applied.
Hey! My interview for Bristol is next month - I'm sort of glad I got an early date because it will be over quickly and I'll (hopefully) be ready by then.

I did a mock interview with a GP yesterday at my school. There is only one other medical applicant at my school so we've been lucky my head of year has been really focusing on us :smile: I've been using various books to prepare, generally reading around any interesting new news, keeping up to date with some of my extra-curriculars etc :biggrin: Not too stressed atm but it may change..
Original post by misstac
I thought that Barts was a panel interview? At least that's what they said at the open day

Barts is panel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I applied to Birmingham, Sheffield, Cardiff and Bristol for Medicine, and I have an offer from Leicester for Medical Biochem as my insurance :smile: Stressing out rn, because apparently quite a few people have invites from Bristol for interview, and I haven't heard anything lol XD

So yeah, that means 3 MMI and 1 panel
Original post by usycool1
I went on a course when I applied and found it a complete waste of time. Do you know any Medical Students/Doctors who can help you or can you not arrange some time with your teachers for mock interviews? I'd also strongly advise getting this book as it has pretty much all you need: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interviews-Questions-Analysed-Includes-Multiple-Mini-Interviews/dp/1905812051

Don't worry too much about stuttering. In all my interviews, I stuttered a lot out of nerves but they seemed to be fine with it - they expect you to be nervous.

Thanks for the advice! :tongue: My teachers most likely won't though, none of them would even read my personal statement so I doubt they'll do a mock interview :s-smilie: but I do have that book! :smile:
Original post by cookiemonster15
Yeah sure, I'm going to this one: http://themsag.com/medical-school-interviews/the-msag-interview-course/our-interview-course.html

I couldn't seem to find any for a decent price and the ones which were a tad cheaper had like 50 students attending and I didn't want to do that as I would probably doze off and not learn anything.

How did you find it ? :tongue:
Original post by Rickstahhh
Barts is panel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry
I got confused
It's because I had my mock interviews at Barts which were MMI.
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Sorry
I got confused
It's because I had my mock interviews at Barts which were MMI.
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no worries! :smile:
How did the mocks go?
Haha no worries! :smile:
How did the mocks go?

The traditional interview went a bit sloppy. I think it's because I wasn't prepared whatsoever as it was just afterward submitted UCAS.
I thought MMI's were gonna be worse but they were actually so much better!
It was just the questions about the NHS I waffled on but I think I've learnt that I do love MMI's. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by Bloom77
The traditional interview went a bit sloppy. I think it's because I wasn't prepared whatsoever as it was just afterward submitted UCAS.
It was just the questions about the NHS I waffled on but I think I've learnt that I do love MMI's. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you have mock interviews at Barts? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rp165
How did you have mock interviews at Barts? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barts hold this programme called SAMDA and sixth forms who are part of it are able to go to interview preps, lectures, UKCAT prep and other things, organised specifically for these sixth forms :smile:
I think it's only sixth forms that live in a certain borough
Reply 53
Original post by Bloom77
Barts hold this programme called SAMDA and sixth forms who are part of it are able to go to interview preps, lectures, UKCAT prep and other things, organised specifically for these sixth forms :smile:
I think it's only sixth forms that live in a certain borough

Ah okay! That sounds cool x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was the total opposite.
I loved panel interviews and didn't like MMI as much. But MMI isn't too bad, however, it is really unpredictable. Like you might have one great station, and the next might be atrocious.
Make sure to read the NHS Constitution and GMCs 'Tomorrow's Doctors' - they are very important documents :smile:
Where did you apply?
I was the total opposite.
I loved panel interviews and didn't like MMI as much. But MMI isn't too bad, however, it is really unpredictable. Like you might have one great station, and the next might be atrocious.
Make sure to read the NHS Constitution and GMCs 'Tomorrow's Doctors' - they are very important documents :smile:
Where did you apply?

Aww thanks for the reading suggestion :smile:
Your right with MMI, I had 4 really bad stations.

I applied to Southampton, Kings and HullYork
Only three because of my grades.
Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
Depends on the Med Schools where you've applied.

BSMS, QMUL and KCL
Original post by aspiring_
How did you find it ? :tongue:

It was really good actually! There were only four of us so everyone got loads of question practice. We also got loads of feedback as well! I would really recommend it, it's good for both practising and learning about how to structure you answers :smile: We also got a mock MMI so I also did roleplay for the first time ever which was really weird!
Original post by cookiemonster15
It was really good actually! There were only four of us so everyone got loads of question practice. We also got loads of feedback as well! I would really recommend it, it's good for both practising and learning about how to structure you answers :smile: We also got a mock MMI so I also did roleplay for the first time ever which was really weird!

Thanks! Did they only do a mock MMI or mock traditional too? :tongue: I like the fact that there was only 4 people
Original post by aspiring_
Thanks! Did they only do a mock MMI or mock traditional too? :tongue: I like the fact that there was only 4 people

It was only a mock MMI, and yeah me too, gave me lots of practice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending