The Student Room Group

Are men and women equal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XcitingStuart
Are men and women equal?

In terms of intellectual ability? No (though different fortes.)
In terms of physical ability? No.
(Resulting in...) in terms of opportunity? No.
In terms of institution/law? No.
In terms of respect? Both should be.

In terms of intellectual capability? Yes (though generally, women are kept in the shadows more therefore not pushed to what they can actually achieve)
In terms of physical capability? Men have evolved to be dominant but that doesn't mean that women can't be
In terms of opportunity? All opportunities are available to both sexes however some are considered "appropriate" for specific genders
In terms of gender? I agree that both should be, but aren't due to popular stereotypes and social convention.
Ffs not this again
Original post by Harriett071
Not all boys do sports and even an overweight man at 30, who has never played sport in his life, could start going the gym and change his diet and get stronger and still be stronger than a woman. Boys are genetically stronger than girls and so they should be.

Why should they be? So they can rape and murder women easily?
Not all boys do sports and even an overweight man at 30, who has never played sport in his life, could start going the gym and change his diet and get stronger and still be stronger than a woman. Boys are genetically stronger than girls and so they should be.

Why should they be?? Just because men have adapted to be the more muscular gender, doesn't mean a woman can't be stronger.
Women on the whole, cannot be stronger than men, if you have a particularly weak man and a strong woman, then she can be. But I don't like weak men.

Just because you don't like weak men, doesn't mean they don't exist, or there are less of them. Part of my understanding of humanity is that society has labelled, condemned and supported so many beliefs incorrectly that we can no longer accept natural variations in our own species. Apparently, you're a perfect example of that as you simply refuse to accept that although women are not openly particularly 'strong', they are more than capable of being as strong, if not stronger than men.
I'm aware weak men exist, I've met plenty. Women are less capable of being as strong, there may be some exceptions, but on the whole women are the weaker in regards to strength and handling their emotions

Women are known as being the weaker sex generally, but that doesn't make it fact. Women are forced by nature to be stronger, especially in handling their emotions and are capable of being stronger regarding their physical strength
I can't believe this is being debated in 2015.
Original post by dradoo
men > women

women get preggers and are a burden on businesses and society. Men are fitter and stronger too. Women are dumb.

What a load of bull. If women didn't give birth how would men even exist?
Original post by kristen2
Why should they be? So they can rape and murder women easily?

Perhaps so they can use that strength to aid women, entertain women (and other men) and improve the lives of humans in society in general?
Reply 49
It depends on what's being measured.
No. Just as another woman isn't equal to me. It depends on our skills, opportunities, and outlook on life etc. No one is equal because everyone is different, both in themselves and experiences.
Reply 51
Original post by NathanDYEL
Just like how in a pack of wolves the physically superior one is the leader, men are physically stronger than woman, so are greater :smile:

Because people are essentially the same as wolves.
Personally I always believe men and women should be equal.
Reply 53
Original post by TorpidPhil
Perhaps so they can use that strength to aid women, entertain women (and other men) and improve the lives of humans in society in general?

Why would we do that? We get little in return for the 70% of state taxation which is a transfer from men to women. Women have forced us to become their unwilling husbands through the power of the state and have used their (our) resources to undermine is, get the state to discriminate against us in hiring and wages (women in their 30s get 20% more for doing the same work as men), and (successfully) argued for the essential criminalisation of male sexuality, or maleness is general (under the guise of health and safety, or "anti-discrimination").

The state and social democracy is a wealth extraction tool, and it's primary function at this point is to funnel resources into the hands of undeserving women, (and of course, the bureaucrats who benefit the most.)

Until a woman does something materially significant for me, like become a housewife, or bear my children and not run off with them, I am going to do nothing for her.

MGTOW.
Original post by Romula
Because people are essentially the same as wolves.

Same with a lot animals, and we did evolve from apes, so not far off.
Original post by 41b
Men are smarter, stronger, better planners, more emotionally resilient, better leaders, etc. Most of these statements are all thoroughly supported in the scientific literature, and it is sad that people are so brainwashed these days that science has to be quoted for such a truism.

Women have evolved to be supporters.

Telling women they are equal to men and then forcing them to act like men is the reason that they are the unhappiest since records began. Feminism and equalism has made women the unhappiest they have ever been.

Then again, I get the impression that many women would rather be unhappy, single and miserable "Because equality!!!!!" than submissive, married and happy. They are welcome to compete in the harsh world, but they should receive no special treatment.

Spitting pure unadulterated truth. GG
Yes. Equal but different.
Reply 57
Same with a lot animals, and we did evolve from apes, so not far off.

Hang on, hang on- we evolved from apes, so our psychology is not that far off that of wolves? Can you hear yourself?
Original post by Romula
Hang on, hang on- we evolved from apes, so our psychology is not that far off that of wolves? Can you hear yourself?

We're basically bananas as well. Now be quiet woman.
We're basically bananas as well. Now be quiet woman.

If this is your attitude, your girlfriend must be one hell of a desperate woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending