The Student Room Group

Am I pre judging? What do I do?

If it makes any difference I'm a 19 year old bisexual female. So I'm gonna keep this to the basics just in case. Basically I'm fairly good friends with this guy. I think the style of our banter is a bit on the flirty side (I'm a bit inexperienced in this sort of thing) but I don't mind because I quite like him. But I went round his last week just to hang out and figured whatever happens happens (but because we're friends I thought nothing beyond the realm of kissing would happen especially since we're not ridiculously close, just pretty good friends; we haven't hung out a ton either). But later he went out the room and I noticed there was condom and what looked like morning after pills on his desk. I suddenly felt really uncomfortable and started thinking about what kind of girl he thought I was. Like I said, I'm totally inexperienced and I'm pretty sure I'd been giving that impression. But on the flip side of the coin, my inexperience could mean I'm misreading things.

Some time after I'd left, I called my friend, who's had more experience (she's not slutty, she's just had a few boyfriends) about it later and she said she wasn't sure but it could have just been a way of making it look like he gets some and I guess this could be true. Plus, he's never seemed like the type who'd expect that of me. I know I probably sound stupid whatever is the case but it's important to me I work it out because I do quite like him. Advice?
the morning after pill is one single tablet in a pack and they cost about £26 so I doubt he goes out buying them (if they might of been a 12 pack of paracetamol's) and It's best to be prepared in case he tried it on with you and tried to talk you into NOT using a condom, but if it just feels like he's after one thing drop him - unless that's what you want. Take it slow I guess.
Maybe he's just covering his bases.

I know I wouldn't expect anything to happen with my girlfriend in the near future, but I've still considered picking up some of that sort of thing as a 'just in case'... so if I were you, I wouldn't try to read into it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
the morning after pill is one single tablet in a pack and they cost about £26 so I doubt he goes out buying them (if they might of been a 12 pack of paracetamol's) and It's best to be prepared in case he tried it on with you and tried to talk you into NOT using a condom, but if it just feels like he's after one thing drop him - unless that's what you want. Take it slow I guess.

I guess; I mean I thought maybe he borrowed the morning after pills from someone else or something. If that's what they were; I figured because the two things were together it'd make sense. Do you think it sounds like that is what he was after?
Reply 4
Maybe he's just covering his bases.

I know I wouldn't expect anything to happen with my girlfriend in the near future, but I've still considered picking up some of that sort of thing as a 'just in case'... so if I were you, I wouldn't try to read into it.

I probably wouldn't if I was already his girlfriend but I'm not. But all accounts I'm just a friend he happens to flirt a bit with.
I guess; I mean I thought maybe he borrowed the morning after pills from someone else or something. If that's what they were; I figured because the two things were together it'd make sense. Do you think it sounds like that is what he was after?

He might not be a virgin and will have condoms lying about. I'd just spend time around him before taking it further and see what his motives are (if he has any). Like if he's just a friend, wants a relationship or just to mess around. Take it slow and if you're not ready to sleep with him or don't know if he's interested don't do anything you're not comfortable with.
Reply 6
Bump (would appreciate a couple more insights).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending