The Student Room Group

New York girl living in Britain AMA !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i<3milkshake
I take it that is a gaming reference? Sounds like it. No idea what it is meant to mean.

you are correct
Original post by MadeInNewYork
:smile:

Since you moved here when you are 10 do you still say things like sidewalk or do you say pavement?
I study at sixth form, I'm 17. :smile:

kool. what you studying and whats your ambitions for life?
If you had to fend off an attack by a duck the size of an elephant or 500 hundred elephants the size of ducks which would you choose and why?

the big duck because ducks are cute :biggrin:
the big duck because ducks are cute :biggrin:

What do you think of Trump in the presidential elections and what do the public as a whole think of him?
Since you moved here when you are 10 do you still say things like sidewalk or do you say pavement?

I say pavement

Original post by The Diplomat.
kool. what you studying and whats your ambitions for life?

Become a heart surgeon

Original post by RivalPlayer
Is it true that Americans clap after eating?

No it isn't hahaha

What do you think of Trump in the presidential elections and what do the public as a whole think of him?

I think Trump is an idiot, idiots think Trump is not an idiot. :smile:
Original post by RivalPlayer
Is it true that Americans clap after eating?

Wait, what? :curious:
I say pavement

Are your parents from in America? if so, did they find it difficult driving on our side of the road?

Is there a difference between McDonalds here and there?

If you could bring one thing from America into England what would it be, and one thing from England to America what would it be? (Cultural, infrastructure, whatever).
I would say good public transport is something for the UK, it could take from the US cheap fuel prices. And Anne Hathaway:drool: we would be honoured to have her. Well will send Katie Price in exchange.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 48
How quickly did you adjust to the worse weather? :P
I say pavement

Become a heart surgeon

No it isn't hahaha

wow well good luck with your studies then!
Are your parents from in America? if so, did they find it difficult driving on our side of the road?

Is there a difference between McDonalds here and there?

If you could bring one thing from America into England what would it be, and one thing from England to America what would it be? (Cultural, infrastructure, whatever).
I would say good public transport is something for the UK, it could take from the US cheap fuel prices. And Anne Hathaway:drool: we would be honoured to have her. Well will send Katie Price in exchange.

My parents are from America. They didn't find it difficult driving on UK roads, they prefer it actually.
Portions are generally bigger in the US. Although you have to remember that I have been the UK for a long time so things could have changed. I haven't actually visited the US since moving to Britain.
Bring the bigger portions to the UK, bring the better quality food and living to the US :biggrin:

Original post by 430
How quickly did you adjust to the worse weather? :P

Mehhh the weather in New York isn't that good :tongue:
My parents are from America. They didn't find it difficult driving on UK roads, they prefer it actually.
Portions are generally bigger in the US. Although you have to remember that I have been the UK for a long time so things could have changed. I haven't actually visited the US since moving to Britain.
Bring the bigger portions to the UK, bring the better quality food and living to the US :biggrin:

if that picture is of you/you chin anyway then you have the smaller British portions to thank for that-be careful what you wish for:tongue:

Is America racist?

Are the girls prettier in the UK or US and are the guys better looking in the UK or US?
if that picture is of you/you chin anyway then you have the smaller British portions to thank for that-be careful what you wish for:tongue:

Is America racist?

Are the girls prettier in the UK or US and are the guys better looking in the UK or US?

It is a picture of me :smile: America is somewhat more racist than the UK

I think the overall population in the UK is generally better looking, but you see more girls and guys who are 'wow' in the US.
It is a picture of me :smile: America is somewhat more racist than the UK

I think the overall population in the UK is generally better looking, but you see more girls and guys who are 'wow' in the US.

Are you a "wow" or one of the lower than average compared to the UK then?:tongue:

(I'm not that good looking so I might move to the US to up my chances:redface:)

American clothes shops (Tommy Hilfiger, Hollister etc) or British (Ted Baker, REISS)?
(Obviously the above stores may not be great for girls so take the question rather than the examples)
Are you a "wow" or one of the lower than average compared to the UK then?:tongue:

(I'm not that good looking so I might move to the US to up my chances:redface:)

American clothes shops (Tommy Hilfiger, Hollister etc) or British (Ted Baker, REISS)?
(Obviously the above stores may not be great for girls so take the question rather than the examples)

Well, I don't really like rating myself. But since you asked, I'm kinda wow based on how many dudes hit on me. But I'm really shy :colondollar:

I'm not fussed, I shop where ever I see a nice dress or a cute pair of jeans :biggrin:
Well, I don't really like rating myself. But since you asked, I'm kinda wow based on how many dudes hit on me. But I'm really shy :colondollar:

I'm not fussed, I shop where ever I see a nice dress or a cute pair of jeans :biggrin:

If you had to describe the difference between the average American and average Brit, what would it be?

Americans louder, more confident, more outgoing?
Brits more reserved and quiet?

If America played England in football would you sing the US or English national anthem? (You can't say both, you have to choose one even if you don't care about football at all. Neither is also an option).
If you had to describe the difference between the average American and average Brit, what would it be?

Americans louder, more confident, more outgoing?
Brits more reserved and quiet?

If America played England in football would you sing the US or English national anthem? (You can't say both, you have to choose one even if you don't care about football at all. Neither is also an option).

I don't know, I was only 10 when I moved from the US, I don't remember too much of it, and was too young to be looking for differences as such.
Americans are more confident and outgoing yes, and the latter is true too (brits)

I would sing the American national anthem because I'm American :tongue:
Do you consider yourself British or American?
I don't know, I was only 10 when I moved from the US, I don't remember too much of it, and was too young to be looking for differences as such.
Americans are more confident and outgoing yes, and the latter is true too (brits)

I would sing the American national anthem because I'm American :tongue:

New York might be the city that never sleeps but I'm going to bed now-its getting late:tongue:

I could come up with more of these stupid questions all day though:tongue:
New York might be the city that never sleeps but I'm going to bed now-its getting late:tongue:

I could come up with more of these stupid questions all day though:tongue:

Haha ok good night :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest