The Student Room Group

It's time to tell her.

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretending to drunk text her (i cba to drink my vodka and i don't really want a hangover)

Give me any ideas!!!!
Original post by Fiduciam
I've sat here for ages trying to figure out what the censored word is, none make sense to me. Am I missing something?

And, just tell her.. but if you have to, then be subtle about the censored bit (even though I don't know what that is, yet).

first word that came into my head was sh-pooping :rofl:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
first word that came into my head is sh-pooping

LOL

anyway im 'pretending' to drunk text her so she gets the message
Pretending to drunk text her? That is actually the saddest thing I've ever seen.

if you like her just ask her out, if she says no then so be it. You can't be that hung up on someone, because as you can see it doesn't do any good...if you just liked her and asked her out it wouldn't be an issue what her answer is.

You sound like you'd explode if she said thanks but no thanks.

Take it easy man. She's not the only girl in the world is she?

Are you basing this on the fact she's been texting you for two weeks or are there actually some concrete factors in there somewhere? If you're dribbling over her solely because she's giving you the time of day then you need to sit down with yourself and work on whatever is going on before pursuing anyone, ever.
You, obviously, sound like you genuinely like this girl. You are waaaaay overthinking this whole situation. You've met a nice girl and have similar interest. She likes you well enough to text you on a regular basis so casually ask her to meet you for coffee/tea. Next time she texts you and you are exchanging texts ask her. Just say something like:
What are you doing Wednesday? Was wondering if you'd be available to meet for coffee and actually talk instead of just texting. She'll either say yes or no! You don't have to open your heart up - just casually ask if she'd be interested in meeting up with you. I'd suggest something very casual like coffee/tea or meeting for a pint or something. If that goes well then you can ask if she'd like to meet you at Nando's next time. Do not pretend to drunk text her.
IF all goes well.... do not enter a relationship hoping you'll end up having sex. If she is a strong Christian she is going to want to first have a very, very very strong connection to you. You need to enter a relationship being her friend, ally and spiritual companion. I think people would be surprised that Christians do have sex before marriage maybe not all but a large number do; but they do it in a committed long term relationship. You, of course, have no way of knowing what this girl wants at this point but I can promise you she'll enter into a relationship that is based on respect, trust, and friendship - she is not going to enter into a relationship w/ any guy where she is going to feel pressured to have sex or if she feels that is the ultimate goal of the guy.
You are at uni - there will be plenty of girls willing to sleep w/ you; but if you really, genuinely like this girl then you need to think about her and her needs as a person and not you sexual attraction. Good luck.
Just ask her out, worst thing she can say is no. :smile:
Original post by *Deidre*
Just ask her out, worst thing she can say is no. :smile:

Yeah

I tried pretending to drunk text her and now i feel like a ****. so i will just try and ask her out
Girls like confidence so being all terrified of her and asking her out in some weak, scared little way won't impress her, you just need to be forthright.

Also, you may not be able to have sex with her but the two of you could use hands/mouths/ bang her in the butt :sexface:
See what you have in common with her and go from there.
Suggest going for drinks or a quick meal after your society meet up.
Original post by Anonymous
Girls like confidence so being all terrified of her and asking her out in some weak, scared little way won't impress her, you just need to be forthright.

Also, you may not be able to have sex with her but the two of you could use hands/mouths/ bang her in the butt :sexface:

LOL what is this

Anyway i flopped with pretending to drunk text her.
Reply 30
Not sure what God will make of some of your sentiments
Yeah

I tried pretending to drunk text her and now i feel like a ****. so i will just try and ask her out

I can't imagine asking a guy out so I'm sure it's not easy to get the courage up to do it. But, if she likes you, and it seems like she does, then just ask and the worst thing she can say is no. But, if she says no, it could change the friendship ...just something to think about. :smile:
Original post by *Deidre*
I can't imagine asking a guy out so I'm sure it's not easy to get the courage up to do it. But, if she likes you, and it seems like she does, then just ask and the worst thing she can say is no. But, if she says no, it could change the friendship ...just something to think about. :smile:

The thing is, its actually a difficult situation. After my pretence drunking texting (which i didn't even imply dating), she kept calling me obsessively (missed calls, still sleeping). When i finally pick up, she says the same thing over and over again

her: are you coming church
me: :lolwut: *pretends so to get close to her* yeah of course.

I can confirm however a hint of interest her saying 'i'm trying to get close to you but your not letting me'. In my mind, i don't even know what she meant by that - i was WORRIED i'm getting clingy to her

But i'm useless is these type of things, i didn't think love existed until i entered uni so i'm trying but really im too shy
The thing is, its actually a difficult situation. After my pretence drunking texting (which i didn't even imply dating), she kept calling me obsessively (missed calls, still sleeping). When i finally pick up, she says the same thing over and over again

her: are you coming church
me: :lolwut: *pretends so to get close to her* yeah of course.

I can confirm however a hint of interest her saying 'i'm trying to get close to you but your not letting me'. In my mind, i don't even know what she meant by that - i was WORRIED i'm getting clingy to her

But i'm useless is these type of things, i didn't think love existed until i entered uni so i'm trying but really im too shy

Part of me is always cautious when a guy ''obsessively'' texts me when we are either just starting out dating, or into a relationship...because it makes me feel like I'm supposed to be texting back as much, or he's checking up on me. I don't know if that's her case, but if she is constantly texting you, it just makes me wonder why. The way to 'get close' to someone isn't by obsessively contacting them. So, just be careful. It might seem flattering at first, but it can get old very quick when you decide to date the person and then they're possessive. Just seems like it's a glimpse of possessiveness. But, that's just been my experience.

Anyway - good luck!! :redface:
Original post by Zarek
Not sure what God will make of some of your sentiments

Can't help it innit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending