The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Can I accept an unconditional offer from Leicester as my insurance choice?

Scroll to see replies

I got an unconditional offer for Law, and I really want it to be my insurance, so I've emailed them to clarify. It should state on UCAS if it'll revert to conditional if not firm - but it doesn't, so I'm presuming insurance is ok, but I've contacted them to check.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Unless it specifically says 'unconditional if firm' then it is an unconditional no matter what
Universities are doing two different things with pre-A level unconditional offers.

1 Some are making conditional offers but are writing to say that if you make this your firm choice, they will turn it unconditional.

2 Others are making straightforward unconditional offers through UCAS. These can be accepted as either firm or insurance offers.

I am not aware of any university that is purporting to make unconditional offers through UCAS to which they are trying attach strings by letter.

In previous years Birmingham was doing 1 and Leicester was doing 2.

Here is the position with Leicester

https://le.ac.uk/student-life/undergraduates/how-to-apply/after-applying/accepting
Reply 23
I emailed Leicester and they said the unconditional offer remains whatever choice, they're brill
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I got an unconditional offer for Law, and I really want it to be my insurance, so I've emailed them to clarify. It should state on UCAS if it'll revert to conditional if not firm - but it doesn't, so I'm presuming insurance is ok, but I've contacted them to check.

Sorry I probably should have posted something. I emailed them to clarify abd they said it will remain unconditional, regardless of if it's my firm or insurance choice.
Guys,
Are any of you going to the conference day thing on the 6th? Or have any of you booked onto the visit days?
Original post by omgitsmelz
Guys,
Are any of you going to the conference day thing on the 6th? Or have any of you booked onto the visit days?

I went to an open day in the summer and really liked it. If you go, I'd have a wonder around the city too because it gives you a good feel for the place, and go on the bus tour to the accomodation.
Reply 27
Thank you so much! I have got an unconditional for law and was wondering the same thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending