The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 41b
I'll do as I please.

As for what you've said, few people take cross-dressers seriously. My post explained why I wouldn't allow my son to wear a princess outfit.

You are intruding in that discussion with your ill-placed post regarding sexuality. What I let my child wear has little to do with your homosexuality/transgenderism focus.

I often find strange and disturbing how homosexuals and pro-homosexuals insert sexuality into this discussion about what a child will wear - for people who generally believe that their sexual orientation is nature, rather than nurture, there seems to be an odd focus by some homosexuals on introducing effeminate concepts to boys as at early an age as possible.

If we're born gay, why not let boys be boys, and girls be girls, until they are old enough to realise what they are? :wink:

Yes, and I shall do as I please and that includes telling you how ridiculously wrong you are.

Ha, they're not cross-dressers. They wear gender neutral clothes and they are taken seriously by everyone in the entire school, homophobic/transphobic and not. Yes and it was a poor reason fuelled by prejudice.

No. Sexuality is linked to this issue because everyone makes the link. Calling it gay and referring to men having to be men otherwise they're "faggots".

Everyone knows what people are insinuating when they talk about men having to be manly and masculine and wear gender-suited clothing. It has nothing to do with introducing feminine things to boys at a young age you idiot. It's about letting the guy or girl dress up and be different. I am not effeminate at all and have never worn women's clothing and live in a male dominated household with strict and conservative, homophobic, parents. It has sod-all to do with nurture and you are not following my line of argument at all, just de-contextualising it for your own ends.

Oh and also, it isn't pro-homosexual. People are pro-love, the right to exist without persecution, acceptance and equality. Not pro-sexuality.

We're born who we are, whether that be gay, bisexual, heterosexual, whatever. It is not for you to decide what characterises being a boy and being a girl. If you really agreed with letting your kids be what they are, then you'd have no problem letting them make their own choices with regards to what they wear, play with and so on. Live and let ****ing live and put your ideals in the bin where they belong.
Reply 361
Original post by ivybridge
Yes, and I shall do as I please and that includes telling you how ridiculously wrong you are.

Ha, they're not cross-dressers. They wear gender neutral clothes and they are taken seriously by everyone in the entire school, homophobic/transphobic and not. Yes and it was a poor reason fuelled by prejudice.

No. Sexuality is linked to this issue because everyone makes the link. Calling it gay and referring to men having to be men otherwise they're "faggots".

Everyone knows what people are insinuating when they talk about men having to be manly and masculine and wear gender-suited clothing. It has nothing to do with introducing feminine things to boys at a young age you idiot. It's about letting the guy or girl dress up and be different. I am not effeminate at all and have never worn women's clothing and live in a male dominated household with strict and conservative, homophobic, parents. It has sod-all to do with nurture and you are not following my line of argument at all, just de-contextualising it for your own ends.

Oh and also, it isn't pro-homosexual. People are pro-love, the right to exist without persecution, acceptance and equality. Not pro-sexuality.

We're born who we are, whether that be gay, bisexual, heterosexual, whatever. It is not for you to decide what characterises being a boy and being a girl. If you really agreed with letting your kids be what they are, then you'd have no problem letting them make their own choices with regards to what they wear, play with and so on. Live and let ****ing live and put your ideals in the bin where they belong.

I think you've let your emotions and experiences of persecution overcome you. But even so I do not really think you are much capable of reasoned debate.

I'll simplify things as much as possible:

A child is not sexual.
A child is growing into a Man or Woman and regardless of his sexuality, he or she benefits strongly from having a strong male or good female role model in his or her life. Children benefit from order and structure to some degree, so that they know who they are and aren't left to fend for themselves, especially in the ideologically and spiritually confused world (you seem to consider this the best of all possible worlds, but many, or most, people don't).

A child therefore benefits from strong gender roles. He is not a woman. No matter what he does to himself he will never be a woman. He might alter himself with surgery but he will still have that Y chromosome. Even if I accept that he will one day be transgender, that day is far in the future and I am not going to let my confused, clueless and innocent son wear a princess outfit on the rather small off-chance that he decides to surgically transition into a woman at a later point in time.

My son will wear firemen outfits, policemen outfits and even robber outfits, but he will never wear a princess outfit.

Have a good night. :smile:
[QUOTE=ivybridge;60473771]

I'm printing this quote and putting it on my bedroom wall. :biggrin:
Original post by We'reAllMadHere
I'm printing this quote and putting it on my bedroom wall. :biggrin:

:smile:
Original post by 41b
I think you've let your emotions and experiences of persecution overcome you. But even so I do not really think you are much capable of reasoned debate.

I'll simplify things as much as possible:

A child is not sexual.
A child is growing into a Man or Woman and regardless of his sexuality, he or she benefits strongly from having a strong male or good female role model in his or her life. Children benefit from order and structure to some degree, so that they know who they are and aren't left to fend for themselves, especially in the ideologically and spiritually confused world (you seem to consider this the best of all possible worlds, but many, or most, people don't).

A child therefore benefits from strong gender roles. He is not a woman. No matter what he does to himself he will never be a woman. He might alter himself with surgery but he will still have that Y chromosome. Even if I accept that he will one day be transgender, that day is far in the future and I am not going to let my confused, clueless and innocent son wear a princess outfit on the rather small off-chance that he decides to surgically transition into a woman at a later point in time.

My son will wear firemen outfits, policemen outfits and even robber outfits, but he will never wear a princess outfit.

Have a good night. :smile:

Experiences are what formulate solid and reasonable opinions. They have not overcome me at all and do not profess to know what my life has entailed. You know nothing. I could have experienced absolute squat for all you know. I am capable of reasoned debate - you are not countering anything said validly.

Sexuality and being sexual are different things altogether. Yes, however, types of order and structure are not okay and not in the best interests of the child but rather exploited to suit the parental ideals.

I agree. A male child is a male until transitioning should he identify as transsexual. Your opinion on transsexuality is narrow. It is called a sex change for a reason and you should ask yourself what characterises a male and a female because it certainly isn't a damn chromosome. It's everything that comes with that, hormones, features, etc. I also never said that you should let them wear a princess outfit for that reason. I said that you should acknowledge clothing has no influence on what your child thinks about himself in terms of sexuality. If children are innocent and not sexual, then you should have no issue with them 'role playing' and dressing up on halloween as whatever they please when they are too young to know what the bigoted adults and teens in the world think about it.

Good for your child - well done on restricting and indoctrinating your offspring.

Adios.
Original post by 41b
No you don't. You wear what makes you feel good about yourself - what gets you male attention. It has nothing to do with how comfortable you are. If that were the case, you would wear overalls and not waste your time with makeup.

A boy will grow up to be a Man and if he expects to be taken seriously then he should dress like that. You are a girl and you dress like a woman so that you are taken seriously as a woman.

Sorry to break your bubble, but I actually own many male clothes because I find them more comfortable. Sometimes I just wear loose, dull clothing, no makeup, hair undone because guess what? I dont give a damn if i look attractive to some guys, they can go **** themselves if they find me 'unserious' that way. So if I, a girl, can do those things, why cant a boy do that?! If its acceptable for women to wear male clothes, so should it be for males to wear female clothes.
Reply 366
Original post by ivy.98
Sorry to break your bubble, but I actually own many male clothes because I find them more comfortable. Sometimes I just wear loose, dull clothing, no makeup, hair undone because guess what? I dont give a damn if i look attractive to some guys, they can go **** themselves if they find me 'unserious' that way. So if I, a girl, can do those things, why cant a boy do that?! If its acceptable for women to wear male clothes, so should it be for males to wear female clothes.

Perhaps my children will have better parents than you did.
Original post by 41b

Perhaps my parents did a good job raising me to feel free to wear whatever I like.
I already feel sorry for your children..
Reply 368
Original post by ivy.98
Perhaps my parents did a good job raising me to feel free to wear whatever I like.

Don't feel sorry, feel jealous. They will be many times happier and more sure of themselves than you ever will be. Now get back to enjoying your AWing. :smile:
Original post by ivy.98

Ignore them, they're an ignorant idiot. Nothing wrong with a girl wearing 'male' clothes or a boy wearing 'female' clothes - how can pieces of fabric be gendered anyhow? There's nothing shocking about putting different shaped/colored fabrics on your body no matter what sex organs you have. Some people are just stuck 100 years in the past and still think girls should be in pink dresses and boys should be in blue trousers.
Original post by 41b
Don't feel sorry, feel jealous. They will be many times happier and more sure of themselves than you ever will be. Now get back to enjoying your AWing. :smile:

Jealous of what? Feeling repressed? Nah I'm good. Cant help but smile at pathetic people like you. Oh and on a side note.. Its the 21st century, where people should ideally live without having to deal with the stigma of breaking gender lines. Wake up :smile:
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Ignore them, they're an ignorant idiot. Nothing wrong with a girl wearing 'male' clothes or a boy wearing 'female' clothes - how can pieces of fabric be gendered anyhow? There's nothing shocking about putting different shaped/colored fabrics on your body no matter what sex organs you have. Some people are just stuck 100 years in the past and still think girls should be in pink dresses and boys should be in blue trousers.

I'm so relieved there are still people out there who think clearly.
Preach it! People can wear whatever they want, regardless of who the clothes are designed for.
I own a luxe sportswear set supposedly for men and I look boss - don't care what guys think :biggrin:
As I get older, I don't like wearing skirts (that ride up anyway). Dresses - fine as long as they're practical. High heels can **** off.
Traditionally feminine stuff can be really uncomfortable. I'm not sacrificing my comfort just to entertain male strangers. This isn't a damn parade of meat for men to select from.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 41b

Wtf is wrong with you? She has said nothing that would imply anything with negative connotations about her parents... The fact you resorted to such a statement actually says more about your parents than hers. :smile:
I'll be dead before my son wears a dress like a princess
Original post by Gears265
I'll be dead before my son wears a dress like a princess

fingers crossed eh
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
fingers crossed eh

You know left wingers are wired wrong when they actively encourage their kids to be homosexual, transgender or bi-curious
I would but I'd be way more bothered about their apparent royalist tendencies rather than the experimentation with gender norms.
Original post by Gears265
You know left wingers are wired wrong when they actively encourage their kids to be homosexual, transgender or bi-curious

You know right wingers are wired wrong when they think allowing their children to wear a dress = encouraging them to be homosexual
Original post by ivybridge
well done on restricting and indoctrinating your offspring.

I know I may be thinking about too much but doesn't all parenting involve indoctrinating your children to some extent? Even if you are super liberal about everything, won't that kind of thinking be passed down to the child making them believe it is right?

This kind of thinking reminds me of that show on BBC3 about super strict parents. Even though some of the children weren't 100% on board, they still thought the parents were trying to do the best for them.

Latest