The Student Room Group

psychology a2 relationships

hi guys I'm really confused about the sexual section part in relationships could anyone give me a breakdown please ?
Original post by jujujal
hi guys I'm really confused about the sexual section part in relationships could anyone give me a breakdown please ?

AQA A? And have you got the complete companion textbook?, it really helps
Reply 2
Original post by monkey-laugh
AQA A? And have you got the complete companion textbook?, it really helps

Yeah AQA A i have the cgp revision guide but I'm just a bit lost really, I don't really understand the sexual selection and reproductive behavior
Original post by jujujal
Yeah AQA A i have the cgp revision guide but I'm just a bit lost really, I don't really understand the sexual selection and reproductive behavior

You know the difference intra and inter sexual selection?
Reply 4
Original post by monkey-laugh
You know the difference intra and inter sexual selection?

Yes but that is as much as i know
then there is short term and long term mating preferences. Males are more likely to prefer short term mating due to evolutionary desire to pass on as many copies of his genes as possible. This can be linked with parental investment, saying how women have more risk ie pregnancy and can only be pregnant once at one time.
Long term mating is where both sexes invest heavily in their offspring. As women are biologically obligated to invest in offspring, they generally more choosy about their man. 1) male is able (:biggrin:) to invest resources in her and children 2) able to protect her and children 3) Shore promise of being s good parent 4) compatible with her to minimize cost to her and children (Buss 2003)
Men are more likely to choose women that display signs of fertility, there is another study by Buss which explores men's preference for younger women.
sorry its alot at once :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest