The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
As in the title :smile:

You sound cute-can I have your phone number?

Spoiler

I don't have a phone either, but out of choice. Do you notice how obsessed people are over their phones? Do you think not having a phone has impacted you socially at all?
Original post by cupcakes87
oldest child :sigh: i only got mine in sixth form and then as soon as i got one my younger siblings got one too and they got better phones than me :colonhash:

i know exactly how ya feel

do you like cheese? :ahee:

I hate cheese
Original post by ScaredBanana
I don't have a phone either, but out of choice. Do you notice how obsessed people are over their phones? Do you think not having a phone has impacted you socially at all?

People are extremely obsessed over phones, they aren't even allowed out of site!
And yes because i can't talk to them out of school and therefore meet up
Original post by hoping4Astars
How do you talk to your friends?

That's what I hate! I have no means on contact
not allowed one either because of my brother's stupid actions - we all have to suffer T_T

Aw , what did your brother do?
Original post by z33
what are your grades like?

As, A*s and a B
Do i care about what you have to say NO so do one :h:
Original post by i<3milkshake
You sound cute-can I have your phone number?

Spoiler

Ummm. O K
As, A*s and a B

i knew it - see guys if you don't have a phone to distract you, you'd get the grades

proof right there

*throws phone away* *regrets decision* *brings phone back* *wash, rinse, repeat*
I am anon because i choose to be - end of
Original post by SeanFM
Oh, I have one now, aged 19. But I didn't have a proper one until I was 17 as I'm not really the type to ask my parents for stuff.

You're not allowed to have a phone? :console:

How strange.. maybe when you move out..

Same! I'm 17 now, and I don't have a phone yet but I'm getting one soon hopefully.
i knew it - see guys if you don't have a phone to distract you, you'd get the grades

proof right there

*throws phone away* *regrets decision* *brings phone back* *wash, rinse, repeat*

I have loads of distraction just not in the same way as a phone - i am still as easily distracted but I just space my revision out so i don't do loads in a day
Original post by Bubblewrap167
Same! I'm 17 now, and I don't have a phone yet but I'm getting one soon hopefully.

Why don't you have a phone?
Reply 54

proof right there

dunno why it was anonymous lol
Why don't you have a phone?

It's just personal choice. Also I don't know what I should do with it.
It's just personal choice. Also I don't know what I should do with it.

I've never met anyone who chose not to have a phone, that's quite interesting but good on you!
I'm 16 and I have a phone but I hardly never even call or text anyone, I just use it to go on the internet and listen to music xD
I've never met anyone who chose not to have a phone, that's quite interesting but good on you!

I do see the advantages of having a phone such as that it is convenient but I personally think it's better not having a phone during your GCSEs/A-Levels (especially A-levels when everything is tough:frown:) because you don't get side-tracked as much:smile:
I do see the advantages of having a phone such as that it is convenient but I personally think it's better not having a phone during your GCSEs/A-Levels (especially A-levels when everything is tough:frown:) because you don't get side-tracked as much:smile:

that's true but i tend to get distracted by the laptop or ipad etc. it's just as bad as a phone i think :frown:

Latest