The Student Room Group

Do people actually meet up from this website ?

Scroll to see replies

sometimes people do, i know loads of people from here who posted in my universities forum and eventually met up with before we started uni. makes things less awkward
Original post by MadeInNewYork
Just wondering, I'm new here and thought this was a student forum where people just chat or get help with their studies ?

Looking for potential mates OP?

Granted, if you're into nerds and Oxbridge applicants, then Bob's your uncle.
I need a TSR girlfriend anyone interested?
Original post by aamirac
Quite worrying how true that can be...

check pm please :smile:
Just wondering, I'm new here and thought this was a student forum where people just chat or get help with their studies ?
Yes, they do. Subs used to organize Meets in the Back Room. In fact, I met my girlfriend through a friend I made at a TSR Meet.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
How's your mental health been after that?

Actually improved, to be honest.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
yes

Liar.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Liar.

I don't meet up with you, no. :mmm:
I don't meet up with you, no. :mmm:

Too cruel. :cry2:
Well it's a UK forum so there are bound to be people who see someone they want to get to know, add them on skype or whatsapp or whatever and it turns out they live near to each other. Happens in lots of places. I've met people from the internet too though not from here.
Ye. If yoy meet someone from your uni here and like each other ofcourse youl meet up.

You can just do that. You don't have to meet people, this isn't some kind of cult

yes

If I ever meet you I won't call you by your name, I will just call you by your username:smile:
(maybe dropping the "the)

Original post by Qboid
Worst part is when you are down to using tsr as your last hope to finding a wife :cry2:

:ahee:

+1 :biggrin: best post this month
Original post by i<3milkshake

If I ever meet you I won't call you by your name, I will just call you by your username:smile:
(maybe dropping the "the)

why not :puppyeyes: don't lie
why not :puppyeyes: don't lie

I just would like to call you "cat with no hat". And then people around would be like :lolwut: but you would get it. If you really annoyed me I would call you by your name.
Dropping the "the" just shortens it a little. Too long otherwise, I wouldget tired of saying it and just start poking you to get your attention.
I just would like to call you "cat with no hat". And then people around would be like :lolwut: but you would get it. If you really annoyed me I would call you by your name.

I won't answer you and will be like :innocent: "huh, were ya speaking to me? hmm? :mmm:"
I won't answer you and will be like :innocent: "huh, were ya speaking to me? hmm? :mmm:"

:frown:but its a nice username:frown:

I guess poking it is then. Either that or I get annoyed by your ignoring me and call you your name:tongue:
:frown:but its a nice username:frown:

I guess poking it is then. Either that or I get annoyed by your ignoring me and call you your name:tongue:

the latter options looks like that is how things will turn out :innocent:
Yh :moon:
Reply 38
Some of the societies and groups on TSR occasionally organise meet ups to do things such as going camping, drinking, etc.
Reply 39
Yeah

Quick Reply

Latest