The Student Room Group

Help with AS Physics Edexcel?

Hey! So i got DBA for units 1 2 and 3 of physics respectively. I'll be redoing unit 1 as my overall for AS physics is a C.

Any tips on how to revise well for unit 1? I'm hoping to get an A overall.
Hey!

Are you doing the IAL Physics in January? If so I'm doing it as well. (All AS Units)

Aiming for an A overall, hopefully.

Regarding Unit 1, I'd highly recommend you to do first 4 chapters of M1 (Maths), because it's all related to Physics mechanics.

Moreover, you should go through all the past papers, thoroughly, and make notes of what new concepts you've encountered and remember them.

Memorize ALL the Definitions thoroughly, there is no margin of error in giving away free marks.

All the topics in Unit 1 are interlinked with each other, so you should definitely form *links* in your mind.

Finally, I'd love your tips for Unit 3, I'm seriously struggling in it. :ashamed2:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SaadKaleem
Hey!

Are you doing the IAL Physics in January? If so I'm doing it as well. (All AS Units)

Aiming for an A overall, hopefully.

Regarding Unit 1, I'd highly recommend you to do first 4 chapters of M1 (Maths), because it's all related to Physics mechanics.

Moreover, you should go through all the past papers, thoroughly, and make notes of what new concepts you've encountered and remember them.

Memorize ALL the Definitions thoroughly, there is no margin of error in giving away free marks.

All the topics in Unit 1 are interlinked with each other, so you should definitely form *links* in your mind.

Finally, I'd love your tips for Unit 3, I'm seriously struggling in it. :ashamed2:

Yup doing it in Jan!

Unit 3, I found it to be very obvious. In the sense that the format has always been the same and just going through the past papers will give you a good sense of what you're supposed to do and how exactly you're supposed to phrase your answer.
Reply 3
Am a retaker, I thought I did the exam well and expected A +,, but it was vice-versa

just try the past papers.. It's going to be tricky though..

And I've a question.. I don't do the past paper by timing. I just look throughout the answers. How effective is this?
Original post by rajanhari
Am a retaker, I thought I did the exam well and expected A +,, but it was vice-versa

just try the past papers.. It's going to be tricky though..

And I've a question.. I don't do the past paper by timing. I just look throughout the answers. How effective is this?

The main thing is, you've got to learn new things from the mark scheme, especially MEMORIZE them, and then apply them accordingly.

Definitions, in this case, need to be literally crammed. Just make a list of them and cram them literally, and there are some answers, which are always similar and do not change, eg: The concept of Newton Laws in context with the question.
These types of questions, need to be literally memorized by heart. You don't want to give away free marks.

Doing the past papers by timing, is when you're prepared well, and can handle it, if you cannot, i'd recommend doing it, Chapter/topic wise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending