The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Why do Liverpool fans talk about Palace like they should be beating them? All I see are two midtable clubs on a similar level to each other, so one beating the other isn't much of a surprise.

Firmino looking like a massive flop too. Told you.

He looked class in the other games he has played in so I can say he's looking like a good signing.
Firmino looks a better signing than Depay tbh. At least with Firmino he puts in the effort and he works hard
Spurs have a better chance of top 4 than Liverpool at the moment IMO
Can is an embarrassment of a Footballer. Doesn't look like he should be on a Football pitch at all.

Don't see his strengths.
(edited 8 years ago)
lol at Firmino being a flop, just come off 2 MOTMs in 3 games.
Atleast Spurs drew their match so not the end of the world. Disappointed that Benteke wasn't able to take his chances, we paid big money for him to score those but in fairness we didn't create too much. Individual errors cost us, Can and Mignolet need to stop ****ing gifting goals to opposition.
Original post by Zerforax
Hmm maybe 4th won't be so easy this season.

Seemed pretty end to end though. I missed the first half.

I wouldn't take too much from this result. We didn't play badly but it's just that Palace have our number.

All things considered we've been great under Klopp and looking at the position we've been in with several major injuries and a managerial change, our results have been pretty damn good.

We're only gonna get better and better. Sucks to lose today but Spurs drawing instead of winning is a big deal. 4 points behind instead of 6 is a much less daunting disadvantage.
Well that wasn't good at all. There were brief moments we played well, some fabulous touches by Lallana and Ibe was great on the wing. Only so much Coutinho can do to save us, Benteke was marked well by the CBs and found it very tough to find any space. Fair play to Crystal Palace they thoroughly deserved to win. We really can't defend to save our lives can we?

Next game after the international break will be City. It'll be just our luck for Sterling to score a hat trick against us...
Original post by asr11
Spurs have a better chance of top 4 than Liverpool at the moment IMO

They have a settled and stable squad and system going for them, but they have to keep Eriksen and Kane fit otherwise they will struggle. Liverpool still have Henderson and Sturridge to come back so it will be an interesting fight for 4th place.

I don't see Liverpool finishing 4th with the midfield we have though, Can has been poor, Milner not been great either (although started the season off brightly), Lucas can't do it all alone. Allen not favoured by Klopp but not good enough anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samir12
They have a settled and stable squad and system going for them, but they have to keep Eriksen and Kane fit otherwise they will struggle. Liverpool still have Henderson and Sturridge to come back so it will be an interesting fight for 4th place.

I don't see Liverpool finishing 4th with the midfield we have though, Can has been poor, Milner not been great either (although started the season off brightly), Lucas can't do it all alone. Allen not favoured by Klopp.

Fortunately we have the January window coming up, hopefully Klopp can get in some real talent. But yeah we look very light in midfield. I can't wait till Henderson comes back, Klopp's style of play suits him really well.
King of the flops.:biggrin:
What does everyone expect, Klopp is using Brodgers team!! Wait till we wips out his cheque book this January.

Soon as we make some decent purchases, we'll be in it.
Nothing really to be bitter about. We conceded both the goals because of individual mistakes. We still had more shots on target and possession. Considering this was two-three days after the Europa game, we still played well.

Future is bright

Original post by The Blue Axolotl
What does everyone expect, Klopp is using Brodgers team!! Wait till we wips out his cheque book this January.Soon as we make some decent purchases, we'll be in it.

January transfer is a period of inflated bids. I doubt "moneyball" Liverpool will come off with more than 2-3 signings. A fullback and an experienced midfield/striker will make me content :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Nothing really to be bitter about. We conceded both the goals because of individual mistakes. We still had more shots on target and possession. Considering this was two-three days after the Europa game, we still played well.

Future is bright

Benteke should have really bagged his chances, that's why we paid big money for him so that was a disappointment. Only one game though so need to push on and just avoid defeat at City.
(edited 8 years ago)
''Hey Alan, who scored the winner for Palace today?''

Original post by sr90
''Hey Alan, who scored the winner for Palace today?''

Your banter really is awful. Shame on you.
Liverpool are ****
Original post by AR_95
Liverpool are ****

Spurs > Arsenal.
Spurs > Arsenal.

Table disagrees
Spurs > Arsenal.

Your banter really is awful. Shame on you.

Latest