The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h3110
I got A*AB in my A Levels (I'm in a gap year), the standard offer is AAB but since I already have my grades it is an unconditional offer

Ah, that makes sense. I thought LSE would be tougher to get into than their average offer though. Is it your first choice?

Original post by Cal-lum
Also applied for Combined Hons at Durham, nothing but a subject selection email followed by an acknowledgement so far. I think we may be waiting for some time! Although Sociology may be quick as its a single department. Also applied for Pol and Sociology courses btw :smile:

Ah, what college?
Oooh, where else have you applied to?
My application went off on Tuesday evening at about 10PM and I got an offer from Kent the next day at about 1PM. Still waiting to hear back from my other choices, but I had to send them supplementary personal statements which I only sent on Friday/yesterday, and I still need to finish one which I aim to have done tonight. Thankfully it's for Exeter, and I've heard they take donkeys years to even look at your application, so hopefully I haven't missed my chance.
Original post by JamesyP123
Ah, what college?
Oooh, where else have you applied to?

St John's, and I just did a more formal post on this thread with my courses on if you want to take a look :smile:
Reply 863
Original post by JamesyP123
Ah, that makes sense. I thought LSE would be tougher to get into than their average offer though. Is it your first choice?

Yes I thought so too, especially since 1 of my subjects is non-preferred. I think my Personal Statement was pretty good though, and I had extenuating circumstances which caused me to self-study the majority of my A Levels.
Original post by itsarchie
When did you apply? It was my fifth choice as I've applied for medicine, I was surprised cause their website stated that applicants with personal statements clearly directed at medicine/vet med/dentistry shouldn't expect to hear much for a bit. Let me know when you hear any good news! :smile:

Around the 20th of October
My friend has offers for maths from Warwick and Nottingham.

Alas I have none... :frown:
Original post by Reader106
Well done! Uncondtional if firmed or unconditional as an insurance also?

Unconditional as an insurance choice - St. Andrew is my 1st choice!
Original post by georgiaf
You too! I'm waiting on Durham, Edinburgh and Oxford for an interview too. Also have an offer from York which is reassuring! x

Congrats on your offer! :smile: Which Durham college have you applied to?
Thanks! I applied to St Mary's - it's half way between the hill colleges and those in the town, so i went for a compromise! also quite close to the library :colondollar: hbu?
Original post by Xavier617
Same thing here regarding Exeter :L Bath contacted me about my offer last week, so I'm still waiting on 4 other unis to get back to me

Nevermind Exeter got back to me a week ago haha
Waiting on Cambridge, Imperial, and UCL - I applied around 15th october for all of them and I'm getting slightly worried now..
Who has been offered a place on an International Relations course?
Original post by RonnieRJ
Nevermind Exeter got back to me a week ago haha

well ****... now I'm worried haha
Congratulations by the way!
Do we know if Bangor are quick at getting back? I'm hoping my UCAS will be sent off in the next few days!
I sent my application 5 weeks ago and still not heard anything. I've applied for Medicine at Keele and Newcastle and Biomedical Science at Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee.
Original post by sportyannie
Unconditional as an insurance choice - St. Andrew is my 1st choice!

Hope it goes well:h:x
Reply 876
Hi everyone,
I know someone who works for Durham sport admissions (classed in the social sciences so may apply for all subjects) and they told me the earliest I'll receive an offer for Durham for sport will be just before Christmas, just in case anyone is panicking!
Original post by ShelGroo
Who has been offered a place on an International Relations course?

I've got politics and international relations at bath if that counts?
Original post by ruthlessem
Waiting on Cambridge, Imperial, and UCL - I applied around 15th october for all of them and I'm getting slightly worried now..

I'm waiting on Oxford, St Andrews, Exeter & Edinburgh... and my application was sent off before the 15/10/15 deadline... I'm even more worried xD best of luck matey
Has anyone got geography offers yet? I'm particularly interested if you have them from Royal Holloway, Nottingham, Southampton, York and Lancaster

Latest