The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
If you read the article Drew Margary explains what he thinks about High School Football, some might find him flippant but I'd tend to agree
I agree with that 100%. It's seriously ****ed that schools are paying coaches and building stadiums and gyms while they cut funding to actual education.

And yes adults who get invested in children's sports are creepy unless it's their son/daughter.
The Cowboys fans who are defending Hardy are despicable. Absolutely shocking.
Original post by Malevolent
The Cowboys fans who are defending Hardy are despicable. Absolutely shocking.

I think he's an ******* for the record.

Seems stupid he can just sort an out of court settlement it seems and then she doesn't turn up for the appeal and then the crime gets expunged.
It was essentially the first trial because of the way NC's justice system works but yeah.. How he can avoid being investigated when a DA goes on record saying he paid a witness not to turn up to a criminal trial is baffling. Like, how is that not a crime in and of itself?
Anyone going to watch the game on free view (channel called pick) tomorrow evening?

Packers vs panthers should be a decent game tbh.

I'm always wanting to watch it to encourage them to show more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't normally watch much college football, but Arkansas-Ole Miss was amazing. Crazy, crazy finish!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

What just happened? WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?

Idaho State vs. Montana, in the Holt Arena. ISU went on a big run and forced overtime. One of the best FCS teams.

Idaho State recovered a fumble on the Montana possession.
Then they get a chance from the 25.
They get 8 yards. All they need is a field goal.

Then this happens.

https://twitter.com/ByKyleFranko/status/663164678390968322/video/1

Yep. A fumbled snap. Then, as the ball is bouncing everywhere, another fumble, and a recovery by Montana for a 40 yard return TD.

I feel...

Sick.
(edited 8 years ago)
Panthers looking legit right now.
Reply 1689
Super Cam, playing super. I do like to see ARod squirm, the Panthers D is also seriously useful.
Man today has not been good. Vollmer, Lewis both injured. Soon gonna have to take open tryouts to be offensive lineman for the pats.
Original post by Wattsy
Super Cam, playing super. I do like to see ARod squirm, the Panthers D is also seriously useful.

I'm worried about Keuchly. He got absolutely rocked early in the season and I think took another shot today. He should have a long, successful career, but I'm starting to think that he might not.
What a horrible hit to KO Teddy Bridgewater. They should be able to toss players for doing that so blatantly.
Reply 1693
Original post by SmashConcept
What a horrible hit to KO Teddy Bridgewater. They should be able to toss players for doing that so blatantly.

It was just ridiculously stupid. Play is dead as soon as the slide is initiated, that was some WWE elbow drop ****.

Just seen it. That's horrible on so many levels. I respect St. Louis' secondary, but all of them are Pacman Jones types. They take a lot of cheap shots. No need to do it to a QB who's sliding.

And yes, he should have been ejected.
He'll obviously pick up a huge fine, but I'm assuming the CBA wouldn't allow a suspension for that kind of play.
Enjoying the panthers game though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Enjoying the panthers game though

Posted from TSR Mobile

As an Aaron Rodgers fantasy owner I agree.
As an Aaron Rodgers fantasy owner I agree.

I'm playing against newton and crying

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel Pat McAfee is wasted as just a punter. He'd be a brilliant two down run thumper. He can lay the wood.

Quick Reply

Latest