The Student Room Group

Why don't guys like girls who smoke?

Scroll to see replies

Bloody hell this thread :facepalm:

@DiddyDec what is your take on this ?
[QUOTE=Anonymous;60490465]But barely harmful.. everything gives you cancer these days, and apparently meat is as bad as smoking. would you give up meat?

most guys find smoking a turn on actually :yep:

We need to eat in order to survive. Smoking is optional.
Would I give up meat? I've given up everything except fish. :biggrin:

This thread says otherwise...
If someone finds smoking a turn on, I'd be worried about them to be honest...
Original post by StrawbAri

why are you calling in your bf and why is everyone mad

chill :nothing:
[QUOTE=SmashConcept;60490419]technically you have to slowly kill yourself to feel anything

Dude, that sounds so deep and philosophical...
Reply 84
I just can't stand the smell.
Original post by sjw95
Because smoking is dirty and unhygienic, just because someone is fat does not make them unhygienic. Smoking is disgusting and I certainly would not want to go out with someone who smoked.

How is it "dirty"? Its all in your mind. Are barbecues dirty? :colone:
Original post by We'reAllMadHere
Dude, that sounds so deep and philosophical...

well that's because it is
Original post by Anonymous
It doesn't make you unfit, I don't smoke that much but it just seems to make me have worse colds and maybe dark circles other than that I look great and I play hockey for the team :biggrin:

What does it say about my lifestyle :facepalm:

It does make you unfit, in terms of the respiratory system. You're lungs are being filled with tar.

Cool you might be fitter than the average person but if you didn't smoke you could be a lot fitter.

Btw I wouldn't date a fat girl either if it makes you feel any better :h:
Original post by We'reAllMadHere
We need to eat in order to survive. Smoking is optional.
Would I give up meat? I've given up everything except fish. :biggrin:

This thread says otherwise...
If someone finds smoking a turn on, I'd be worried about them to be honest...

this is tsr. everyone here has 10 A*s

Why? Most guys I know do, they find it phallic.

The only guys I know IRL who find smoking a turn off are boring posh City boys in offices who call them selves classy :rolleyes:

@SmashConcept are u a philosophy? that explains ur posts
Reply 89
How is it "dirty"? Its all in your mind. Are barbecues dirty? :colone:

Its unattractive to look at, it smells, it discolors your teeth, it damages your lungs and anyone else around you. I dont think I would kiss a barbecue so I don't think it is quite the same lol.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
It does make you unfit, in terms of the respiratory system. You're lungs are being filled with tar.

Cool you might be fitter than the average person but if you didn't smoke you could be a lot fitter.

Btw I wouldn't date a fat girl either if it makes you feel any better :h:

Yes but your lungs breathe those out (GCSE biology). It only builds up if you smoke about 40 a day and you don't have time to breathe out all the tar
Original post by StrawbAri

It is completely ****ing ridiculous and falls into the same category that all these threads do. People like different things.

I think girls smoking is pretty hot and I wouldn't mind dating someone who is a smoker, even as an ex-smoker.
Fair enuff if its about 40 a day but even the odd cig every day turns some pussies off :nope:

Why are some guys so fussy about girls who smoke? Don't say "health" because loads of fat girls have boyfriends. But guys would rather date a fat girl who doesn't smoke, than a stick thin one who does (and smoking helps u stay thin :yep:)

Cigarettes are fundamentally habit-forming, and whilst I'm unopposed to the odd 'therapeutic' indulgence (having experienced their pleasantly euphoric interaction with alcohol whilst at university), more than one or two per week of an evening would suggest a level of self-control below the threshold of what I personally am prepared to tolerate.

Ultimately, if our first meeting is characterised by your pathetically nursing at the nicotine teat between sentences, chances are that I've already discounted you as relationship material: because smoking is one of the most futile and blatantly cretinous of self-inflicted addictions, and because in a world where most discerning under-30s eschew the practice altogether, I can afford not to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Original post by sjw95
Its unattractive to look at, it smells, it discolors your teeth, it damages your lungs and anyone else around you. I dont think I would kiss a barbecue so I don't think it is quite the same lol.

Like I said it only makes you unattractive if you smoke a lot same as if a girl who drinks a lot v one who only has the odd drink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6J68JpnuPs

does she look unattractive to u?
Original post by Profesh
Cigarettes are fundamentally habit-forming, and whilst I'm unopposed to the odd 'therapeutic' indulgence (having experienced their pleasantly euphoric interaction with alcohol whilst at university), more than one or two per week of an evening would suggest a level of self-control below the threshold of what I personally am prepared to tolerate.

Ultimately, if our first meeting is characterised by your pathetically nursing at the nicotine teat between sentences, chances are that I've already discounted you as relationship material: because smoking is one of the most futile and blatantly cretinous of self-inflicted addictions, and because in a world where most discerning under-30s eschew the practice altogether, I can afford not to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Are you even under 30 tho
Original post by DiddyDec
It is completely ****ing ridiculous and falls into the same category that all these threads do. People like different things.

I think girls smoking is pretty hot and I wouldn't mind dating someone who is a smoker, even as an ex-smoker.

OK forum king

Whyd you give up? lol
[QUOTE=Anonymous;60490699]this is tsr. everyone here has 10 A*s

Why? Most guys I know do, they find it phallic.

The only guys I know IRL who find smoking a turn off are boring posh City boys in offices who call them selves classy :rolleyes:

I guess I don't like smoking because of all the negative links it has.
The guys you know probably smoke themselves or haven't given any serious thought to the points I've made.

I wouldn't consider myself posh; I'm more "alternative". :biggrin:
OK forum king

Whyd you give up? lol

Because my father wanted me to. I'm on electric now which I actually prefer. I still get my nicotine and enjoy the act of smoking with less of the harmful stuff.
Reply 98
Like I said it only makes you unattractive if you smoke a lot same as if a girl who drinks a lot v one who only has the odd drink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6J68JpnuPs

does she look unattractive to u?

Obviously she visually attractive, so might you be. I was relating to whilst smoking. However, people like different things. Some people might like it, some people might not. It just definitely a different case from a guy liking a fat girl.
It doesn't make you unfit, I don't smoke that much but it just seems to make me have worse colds and maybe dark circles other than that I look great and I play hockey for the team :biggrin:

To add to this, while it's obviously better if you don't smoke, plenty of Premier League footballers smoke cigarettes and can play to an elite level. Ryan Giggs was meant to be big on it even though his manager went mad when he caught him with one can of beer, Jack Wilshere has been photographed a couple of times doing it, Dimitar Berbatov is another, Mario Balotelli, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney all smoke, even Zidane did it. Luiz Ronaldo also. The list goes on and on.

All of those will be fitter and have more active lifestyles than the people posting overreactions on here, absolutely guaranteed. The smell isn't even that bad.

Non smokers can be so self righteous at times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending