The Student Room Group

Why don't guys like girls who smoke?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Because my father wanted me to. I'm on electric now which I actually prefer. I still get my nicotine and enjoy the act of smoking with less of the harmful stuff.

Oh do you live with parents? (no offence)

Electric still has a risk tho
It is completely ****ing ridiculous and falls into the same category that all these threads do. People like different things.

I think girls smoking is pretty hot and I wouldn't mind dating someone who is a smoker, even as an ex-smoker.

Exactly why I called you into the thread tbh

I don't even smoke but honestly the self righteousness of some people on here puts me off.
I get it if you feel it's unhealthy or it smells or whatever but there's no need to climb all the way up to some moral high ground and feel as though you're better than someone that does smoke.

I wouldn't mind either.
Original post by Wilfred Little
To add to this, while it's obviously better if you don't smoke, plenty of Premier League footballers smoke cigarettes and can play to an elite level. Ryan Giggs was meant to be big on it even though his manager went mad when he caught him with one can of beer, Jack Wilshere has been photographed a couple of times doing it, Dimitar Berbatov is another, Mario Balotelli, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney all smoke, even Zidane did it. Luiz Ronaldo also. The list goes on and on.

All of those will be fitter and have more active lifestyles than the people posting overreactions on here, absolutely guaranteed. The smell isn't even that bad.

Non smokers can be so self righteous at times.

This. People only say the smell is bad bc of peer pressure or media brainwashing :rolleyes:

non smokers are so miltant lol
Original post by Anonymous
Fair enuff if its about 40 a day but even the odd cig every day turns some pussies off :nope:

Why are some guys so fussy about girls who smoke? Don't say "health" because loads of fat girls have boyfriends. But guys would rather date a fat girl who doesn't smoke, than a stick thin one who does (and smoking helps u stay thin :yep:)

Firstly...I don't like stick thin girls anyway so I'd go for the "fat" one who doesn't smoke so I can (and will) say health :P

Smoking is just really bad for you and it affects other people as well. Obesity is a lot harder to control than smoking. Different people are naturally different sizes...I myself am reasonably slim. I'm not too fussed about my own weight but with no effort at all I'm naturally this weight. Other's are naturally bigger and they have a certain size they are...which is what some would call "fat" (I'd call a healthy size but hey ho often). Granted, often obesity is increased by diet but even then, it's very hard, and requires a lot of work, to get thinner. Smoking on the other hand is a lot easier to control...either you don't start in the first place...or you stop. Granted once addicted it is hard to give up but there is a lot of help to give up, nicotine patches, e-cigs. If you really want to give up smoking it's easier than changing your weight if you are a naturally bigger person.

Also, being overweight doesn't affect others. A child in your house won't get fat from you...you don't diffuse weight into other people. Smoking is bad for others though and it's not as simple as "go smoke outside". From childhood experience I know it's easy enough to stumble in on a parent smoking somewhere out of the house. Equally smoking leads to other unpleasant things like the smell.

Finally, it's just, for me, really unattractive. I know loads of people who date girls that smoke (I don't know why you think they don't tbh) but just like there are people who don't want to date overweight people, others may not want to date smokers. Basically like any other feature some like it and some don't for their own personal reasons and for me...I really don't like smoking as someone i'd be in a relationship with :smile:
Exactly more guys should be like you :yep:

@alexschmalex how can u not see that lots of girls smoke because THEY want to.. not peer pressure? Outside my goth/musician friends most people are closed minded about smokers

Then they're "just" weak-minded and plain stupid...to be honest it's their life, they can do what they want with it and smoke if they want just like I can keep them out my life if I want, it's really not a big deal
Are you even under 30 tho

28. Not that it really matters either way, since consensus holds that dating under 30 isn't generally considered taboo until you're over 45.
Its stinks and its an unhealthy habbit. I would like a girl to smell of a nice perfume rather than an ashtray and when I kiss her I would rather have a nice taste rather than smoke. Not only that it can turn into a long term habbit and not to mention the long term health effects.
Oh do you live with parents? (no offence)

Electric still has a risk tho

None taken, it is far cheaper and convenient to live at home while I build my career.

Still a risk but less of a risk and far tastier. We take risks in life, this is a calculated risk which I am aware of and most of all I enjoy smoking. Not planning on stopping any time soon so may as well lessen the risks.

Original post by StrawbAri
Exactly why I called you into the thread tbh

I don't even smoke but honestly the self righteousness of some people on here puts me off.
I get it if you feel it's unhealthy or it smells or whatever but there's no need to climb all the way up to some moral high ground and feel as though you're better than someone that does smoke.

I wouldn't mind either.

I was actually trying to avoid this thread because of the strong opinions and level of retardation.

People enjoy the moral high ground even though morals are subjective.

You don't want to date a smoker? Then don't and shut the **** up about it. It is so simple.
Actually I play hockey too. I am slimmer than all the other hockey girls and they are jealous of me for smoking :rofl:

That's a lie - will they be seriously jealous of you when you get lung cancer from this horrid habit? Smoking is disgusting imo.
It's your choice to smoke, but someone else shouldn't have to be subjected to your smoke.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh you look a lot older haha

I'm told that the facial-hair adds five years. When clean-shaven I'm generally perceived to be if anything slightly younger than my chronological age, but unless you're an image-conscious female, over-zealous 'Challenge 21' initiatives quickly outstay their welcome past the age of about 24.
Ladette behaviour. Unlady like. Yellow fingers & smelly nicotine breath
Fair enuff if its about 40 a day but even the odd cig every day turns some pussies off :nope:

Why are some guys so fussy about girls who smoke? Don't say "health" because loads of fat girls have boyfriends. But guys would rather date a fat girl who doesn't smoke, than a stick thin one who does (and smoking helps u stay thin :yep:)

I cant stand the smell personally. The smell alone puts me off smoking
Original post by Munrot07
Obesity is a lot harder to control than smoking.

It really isn't.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Ladette behaviour. Unlady like. Yellow fingers & smelly nicotine breath

Nicotine is practically odourless.
I posted a girl with a figure like mine on the last pageLmao do models look like guys?? someone is bitter@Student403 @samina_ay it keeps u from getting hungry!!

Original post by samina_ay
Well I've learnt something new today.

Original post by Student403
F*** dieting. Imma go grab me a Marlboro

It does suppress appetite, but it also makes you age quicker.. So a win/lose situation

Going to the gym suppresses appetite (at least for me), and makes you age slower. A win/win/lose (depending on your attitude towards exercise) situation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The_Internet
It does suppress appetite, but it also makes you age quicker.. So a win/lose situation

Going to the gym suppresses appetite (at least for me), and makes you age slower. A win/win/lose (depending on your attitude towards exercise) situation.

Ah I was just joking about the smoking part. Absolutely detest it :frown:
Original post by Student403
Ah I was just joking about the smoking part. Absolutely detest it :frown:

I figured, but thought Id point out the downside of smoking to make you "thin" :smile:

There is a smoking fetish so you'll find someone
Nicotine is practically odourless.

He probably can't hear you all the way from his moral high ground:rolleyes:
I used to see smoking as a huge turn off. But, if I'm attracted to them and they're a nice person, just because they smoke I wouldn't date them..

This is coming from a girl who doesn't smoke :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending