The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Janinns
I did. I managed to meet the first deadline :smile:

Original post by Ruby17
Im going to in the second round, hopefully if i manage to secure a place. How about yourself?

Original post by mitchriding
I'm looking to apply but obviously will have to submit it in the 2nd round. Question is tricky though & you need A*A*A😩🙃

I applied, it seemed worth a try, although I don't think my essay was very good- it was so hard to tell what they were looking for! Would Kings be your first choice with the scholarship?
Original post by Hopeful---
I applied, it seemed worth a try, although I don't think my essay was very good- it was so hard to tell what they were looking for! Would Kings be your first choice with the scholarship?

right now I'd say King's is probably my 3rd choice (if i were to receive offers from all 5, touch wood), however with the scholarship i don't think i'd be able to turn it down- the financial help with studying in london would be too good to refuse!

Yes, definitely! :smile:
right now I'd say King's is probably my 3rd choice (if i were to receive offers from all 5, touch wood), however with the scholarship i don't think i'd be able to turn it down- the financial help with studying in london would be too good to refuse!

I think similar at the moment too. The paremeters seem different to last year, which is scary! Good luck!
I think similar at the moment too. The paremeters seem different to last year, which is scary! Good luck!

thank you, you too!
Original post by anonlad
You'll really need to be predicted their offer requirement if you want a chance at being given an offer. Could you ask your teacher to bump up your prediction to A*AA?

Similar problem, at AS I got AABc but my B was almost an A, and at A2 I'm predicted AAB. I'm taking the LNAT and hoping to apply to Birminham, but with my predicted grades d'you think I'd be considered at Nottingham or Durham? Thanks:smile:

wait, do you need to apply for a scholarship at the same time as you apply with ucas? or do you need to hold an offer and then apply for support?
Original post by omskinski
wait, do you need to apply for a scholarship at the same time as you apply with ucas? or do you need to hold an offer and then apply for support?

I applied after submitting UCAS and I don't have an offer yet. It seemed a bit odd, but on the application form there was a tick-box for people in my situation
Reply 608
any advice on applying?

Giving you an advice is difficult as it is quite an open question. I can tell you briefly what I wrote. Regarding the single achievement I wrote about my work for the European platform for secondary schools - lobbying EU Institutions, going through national legislation, research on minorities withing education and their recognition in legislation.I would advise you to link your single achievement with law and personal development.Significant failure was a bit trickier. I also talked about my experience in the platform. More specifically I tackled issues with meeting the deadlines and teamwork. However, in the end I wrote what I eventually learned from my mistakes and how it both changed and improved my attitude towards work ethic.My advice would be to link everything with law. But do not forget to make it more personal as they want to get to know you from a different perspective.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ive applied to Nottingham, Bristol, Liverpool, Kent and Reading.. Offers from Liverpool, Kent and reading. Slightly worried as nottingham and bristol are the LNAT universities and haven't heard from them yet!
Has anyone applied to Bristol, and if so have you heard anything yet?
Original post by jasmine64
Has anyone applied to Bristol, and if so have you heard anything yet?

Me, only doing my LNAT on Thursday though, haven't heard of anyone getting offers yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a conditional offer from Queens University Belfast!
Got a conditional offer from Queens University Belfast today!
Original post by th_lauren
Got a conditional offer from Queens University Belfast!

Congratulations!! :biggrin: bet you are relieved that the first one has come through
Reply 615
Hi guys have anybody got any offers yet?
Reply 616
Has anyone who's applied to Nottingham received a weird email talking about LNAT and the general time frames in which you'll hear from them depending on the LNAT score? I'm hoping it's just a generic email
Original post by fabruttledge
Ive applied to Nottingham, Bristol, Liverpool, Kent and Reading.. Offers from Liverpool, Kent and reading. Slightly worried as nottingham and bristol are the LNAT universities and haven't heard from them yet!

What was your offer from Liverpool if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Rhiannonjayne
What was your offer from Liverpool if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all! It's ABB
Original post by CJaneH
Has anyone who's applied to Nottingham received a weird email talking about LNAT and the general time frames in which you'll hear from them depending on the LNAT score? I'm hoping it's just a generic email

that's weird! I got one saying that they are trying to get through things as fast as possible and just a general reminder to make sure to add nottingham to my lnat list if i hadn't already, but nothing about a time frame o.0 what did yours say exactly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending