The Student Room Group

Why don't guys like girls who smoke?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
this is tsr. everyone here has 10 A*s

Why? Most guys I know do, they find it phallic.

The only guys I know IRL who find smoking a turn off are boring posh City boys in offices who call them selves classy :rolleyes:

@SmashConcept are u a philosophy? that explains ur posts

Loool OP

Apparently Im a "boring posh city boy" then. I do work in an office, and some people may find the work to be "boring" but...that's about it
Original post by alexschmalex
I don't like ANYONE who smokes, to me it's a telltale sign of weak mindedness, inability to stand up to peer pressure, or just plain stupidity...either way I don't really want much to do with anyone who has those traits

That's a bit harsh. There'll be people who drink who only started because they succumbed to peer pressure
Reply 122
Original post by Use Err Name
Sorry but if you are reliant on an unhealthy habit to stay in a 'healthy' shape, you're really not healthy at all.

I think most non smokers would take a bit more size on a girl if it meant she didn't smoke.

Are you dj khaled?
Original post by User23
Are you dj khaled?

haha busted haha
Cuz u smell gross your teeth are yellow and nobody wants to bury their wife who died prematurely from lung cancer
Fair enuff if its about 40 a day but even the odd cig every day turns some pussies off :nope:

Why are some guys so fussy about girls who smoke? Don't say "health" because loads of fat girls have boyfriends. But guys would rather date a fat girl who doesn't smoke, than a stick thin one who does (and smoking helps u stay thin :yep:)

Kissing a girl who smokes is the same thing as kissing an ash tray.
I just think of it like this. If the relationship gets to the stage of a long term commitment (marriage) I would not like her smoking in front of my children. Passive smoking, bad influence etc. Whats to stop them from growing up and turning to that habit? Moreover what can you say to them? "its not good, dont do it" . In response "oh but mum does it, doesnt she?". And to that, you have no response.
If a guy smoked it would be much less likely that I would date him. Its not just for girls. Smoking is eww and considering that quite alot of the teenagers (In my school) does it to seem kinda cool and fit in its eww.
Don't care if she does or doesn't tbh as long as she doesn't smell of it and there's no visible effects.

Same with Girls and Alcohol if she's not forever drunk and doesn't reek of wine/cider/beer then I don't mind either.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by the terminator
I just think of it like this. If the relationship gets to the stage of a long term commitment (marriage) I would not like her smoking in front of my children. Passive smoking, bad influence etc. Whats to stop them from growing up and turning to that habit? Moreover what can you say to them? "its not good, dont do it" . In response "oh but mum does it, doesnt she?". And to that, you have no response.

I don't want marriage just a boyfriend would that make a different
Reply 130
I dont smoke..

Well maybe a cigar, has to be cuban or dominican, not the cheap ones though, perhaps on my birthday or in an event.

anyways.... I love girls that smoke, but again I have a fetish for girl smokers, I love girls that buy the thin cigarettes you know the menthol imported ones. I love it when they blow the smoke without stressing out their lips, like slow exhales.
Original post by jam277
Don't care if she does or doesn't tbh as long as she doesn't smell of it and there's no visible effects.

Same with Girls and Alcohol if she's not forever drunk and doesn't reek of wine/cider/beer then I don't mind either.

Exactly binge drinkers harm their health like people who smoke a lot, but if you smoke a couple a day it's not worse than eating processed eat TBH
Reply 132
Alcohol is a poison. I don't understand how people put a poison down their throats.

Well I don't smoke but is rather be with a girl that smokes rather than a girl that drinks. Smoking doesn't destroy families. Alcohol does.
I don't want marriage just a boyfriend would that make a different

Fair enough OP, however the point i tried to make was that if at some point you choose to have a family with your partner, and if you smoked would it not impact on your children?
Fair enuff if its about 40 a day but even the odd cig every day turns some pussies off :nope:

Why are some guys so fussy about girls who smoke? Don't say "health" because loads of fat girls have boyfriends. But guys would rather date a fat girl who doesn't smoke, than a stick thin one who does (and smoking helps u stay thin :yep:)

I like girls who smoke, generally means their less uptight about things and more open minded. Although I smoke myself so it'd be a bit hypocritical to not like it. As long as they can walk down the street without gasping for breath and don't stink/have bad breath, I'm fine with it.

Original post by Longshot700
I can't stand the smell.

When you've lived with smoking guardians like I have who've filled the room with smoke, you tend to not to want to have that again.

Smoking Guardian sounds like a boss from Dark Souls
It doesn't bother me if a girl smokes or not because I'm a regular smoker myself.

Non-smokers might be put off by it.
Original post by Samii123
Kissing a girl who smokes is the same thing as kissing an ash tray.

Yep, a glass dish filled with ash is the same thing as a human mouth with no ash. :rolleyes:
Smoking is a filthy habit.
Reply 138
I don't smoke but I like girls that do

Quick Reply

Latest