The Student Room Group

Why isn't this forum as good as bodybuilding.com?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fidus Achates
This forum has a lot to learn from bodybuilding.com.

Better banter.
Can neg rep people.
Better threads.
Less elitist.

Reject the academic life. Acquire the aesthetic life.

:adore:

What do you expect? this website is mainly full of 15-20 year old students that aren't full of tips on how to lose fat but gain muscle...
And yet, given that it's called bodybuilding.com, you'd assume a great degree of knowledge on bodybuilding, but 90% of the members there know absolutely **** all and look like crap.
Reply 22

Better banter.
Can neg rep people.
Better threads.
Less elitist.

Banter is annoying and pointless. It is often used as a shield from criticism from groups that have been offended by a comment.

Negative reputation points serve no purpose other than to silence those with unpopular views. They can also be used as a tool to bully people.

If you want better threads making, make them. You obviously know how to.

Again, if you want to reduce elitism, do it.

I quite like the academic life. I find value in learning and aquiring knowledge.

No, I don't think I will. Aesthetics fade in time. It is also a very shallow goal to work for. The pursuit of the perfect body will be utterly futile. Remember the tale of Narcissus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Banter is annoying and pointless. It is often used as a shield from criticism from groups that have been offended by a comment.

Negative reputation points serve no purpose other than to silence those with unpopular views. They can also be used as a tool to bully people.

If you want better threads making, make them. You obviously know how to.

Again, if you want to reduce elitism, do it.

I quite like the academic life. I find value in learning and aquiring knowledge.

No, I don't think I will. Aesthetics fade in time. It is also a very shallow goal to work for. The pursuit of the perfect body will be utterly futile. Remember the tale of Narcissus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just because you study doesn't mean you have to be content with being unhealthy and unaesthetic. The looks may fade with time but if you actually live the type of lifestyle you need to obtain aesthetics you'll likely have a much longer life expectancy and feel much better about yourself.

Better banter.
Can neg rep people.
Better threads.
Less elitist.

really ?

if you want cutting edge info, see raypeatforum, longecity and bulletproofexec
Reply 25
Original post by intelligent con
Just because you study doesn't mean you have to be content with being unhealthy and unaesthetic. The looks may fade with time but if you actually live the type of lifestyle you need to obtain aesthetics you'll likely have a much longer life expectancy and feel much better about yourself.

I live a perfectly healthy lifestyle. My looks just aren't my main focus. A healthy lifestyle is important, however, a focus on appearance isn't.
Posted from TSR Mobile
aware
Zyzz is worth looking at. His head, features, shoulders, and torso have a size that attracts attention; their proportions to each other made an effect which in any male at any place would justify more than the term handsome - in his later years, he is likely to become to be known beyond his local world, the word "Roman" will be used in descriptions of him.

His legs bore out the striking and agreeable proportions of his body; and his lightness on his feet, his erectness, his easy bearing, add to the impression of physical grace and virility. His suppleness, combined with his bigness of frame, and his large, wide-set rather glowing eyes, heavy black hair, and markedly bronze complexion give him some of the handsomeness of an Indian. His courtesy as he surrenders bodybuilding advice to fellow miscer's suggests genuine friendliness towards all mankind. His voice is noticeably resonant, masculine, warm. His pleasure in the attentions of the bootblack's whisk reflect a consciousness about clothes unusual in an Australian man. His manner, as he bestows a tip suggested generous good-nature, a wish to give pleasure, based on physical well-being and a sincere kindliness of heart.
(edited 8 years ago)
People dont know **** on bodybuilding forum to be honest, some of them say bullsht
... The two websites are for two completely different purposes????? I thought that was obvious????
Original post by Katty3
Money is also not essential. I would rather date a nurse or someone who has dedicated their professional life to help others than someone who has dedicated their life to the pursuit of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess I'm going to die alone...

Reply 32
Both forums are bad, but bodybuilding.com is so bad.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Girls want money not just a bunch of muscle. Money comes through brains brah.

Welcome to TSR.

Not sure how valid your point about girls is since there's many females out there and some of them are really good people who will stick with you no matter how much money you have.
In most cases muscle can't acquire money but this world is evolving, as people become more vain and standards increase due to false advertisement the demand for services of personal trainers and body builders increases.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Greg Jackson
Zyzz is worth looking at. His head, features, shoulders, and torso have a size that attracts attention; their proportions to each other made an effect which in any male at any place would justify more than the term handsome - in his later years, he is likely to become to be known beyond his local world, the word "Roman" will be used in descriptions of him.

His legs bore out the striking and agreeable proportions of his body; and his lightness on his feet, his erectness, his easy bearing, add to the impression of physical grace and virility. His suppleness, combined with his bigness of frame, and his large, wide-set rather glowing eyes, heavy black hair, and markedly bronze complexion give him some of the handsomeness of an Indian. His courtesy as he surrenders bodybuilding advice to fellow miscer's suggests genuine friendliness towards all mankind. His voice is noticeably resonant, masculine, warm. His pleasure in the attentions of the bootblack's whisk reflect a consciousness about clothes unusual in an Australian man. His manner, as he bestows a tip suggested generous good-nature, a wish to give pleasure, based on physical well-being and a sincere kindliness of heart.

:lolwut:Wtf did I just read?
Original post by Ahmed766
Not sure how valid your point about girls is since there's many females out there and some of them are really good people who will stick with you no matter how much money you have.
In most cases muscle can't acquire muscle but this world is evolving, as people become more vain and standards increase due to false advertisement the demand for services of personal trainers and body builders increases.

wot?
Original post by Fiduciam
wot?

wot :colonhash:
Original post by Katty3
Quite frankly the body of a bodybuilder is totally unattractive. The idea of dating someone who had money and muscle is very off putting. I prefer quiet souls with whom I can hold a conversation about something more interesting than the best protein shake or how many reps they did in the gym.

Money is also not essential. I would rather date a nurse or someone who has dedicated their professional life to help others than someone who has dedicated their life to the pursuit of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh trust me! money is very essential.

wot?:colonhash:

Muscle can't acquire muscle.

wot even liek??

Quick Reply

Latest