The Student Room Group

should I still pursue this older guy?

I met this guy who is 7 years older than me a few months ago. When we first met, the chemistry was electrifying! He is intelligent, attractive and into all the things that I am.

Long story short, it wasn't long before we slept together and since then communication has been wearing thin.

He still calls me occasionally but there is hardly ever (in my opinion) an effort to set up another time to meet up. I no longer live in the city that we met, but I still live close by. He calls me fortnightly to tell me that he is really busy with work (he is the manager where we met), but tells me the days that he has off. I don't always contact him first because I feel like I need to maintain some sort of pride.

I don't know whether when he tells me his days off because he wants me to instigate a meeting, or if he just isn't interested enough and is stringing me along for reasons I really do not know.

The last time we spoke on the phone, he told me to "keep in touch" which is such an ambiguous statement that I'm not entirely sure what it means.

I haven't caught deep feelings for him yet, but would like the relationship to progress into something good.

Am i just wasting my time here?
Answer to your last sentence - yes.
Reply 2
Maybe he likes the idea of having a younger girl chase him.

If he's making you wonder, I'd just leave it if I were you. Personally, I like guys to be straight forward with me, and if they start playing games, I'm not interested.

Don't contact him, it doesn't seem like he's that interested.
How old are both of you?
Reply 4
Original post by tootles44
How old are both of you?

Im 21, he is 28
Original post by babydrake
I met this guy who is 7 years older than me a few months ago. When we first met, the chemistry was electrifying! He is intelligent, attractive and into all the things that I am.

Long story short, it wasn't long before we slept together and since then communication has been wearing thin.

He still calls me occasionally but there is hardly ever (in my opinion) an effort to set up another time to meet up. I no longer live in the city that we met, but I still live close by. He calls me fortnightly to tell me that he is really busy with work (he is the manager where we met), but tells me the days that he has off. I don't always contact him first because I feel like I need to maintain some sort of pride.

I don't know whether when he tells me his days off because he wants me to instigate a meeting, or if he just isn't interested enough and is stringing me along for reasons I really do not know.

The last time we spoke on the phone, he told me to "keep in touch" which is such an ambiguous statement that I'm not entirely sure what it means.

I haven't caught deep feelings for him yet, but would like the relationship to progress into something good.

Am i just wasting my time here?

Looks like he got what he wanted from you which is why he isn't talking to you much, I got a feeling he will eventually ignore you all together.
"it wasn't long before we slept together"

BAM, it's over pal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending